• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker.com Updated by MS on March 3rd 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted 12 hours ago:

ibic3IyW95t5c9.png

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
NO NO NO NO. Without Chris and the others there Conker should stay dead. To hear him without his proper voice would suck totally.

Seik

Banned
OOOOooooooooooooh my gawd.

If this is really happening and if this give some good results, I'll be down for a One.

Anfony O

If this is true i will purchase the game, place it in a blender, liquify that shit and inject straight into my internal jugular vein. LORD PLEASE BE TRUE

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, buuuuuuut...

Chris Seavor was the main lead guy on Conker, and also provided the voices for not only the main character himself, but about 90% of the other characters. He was laid off from Rare a while ago, and in interviews and videos since then has had less than pleasant things to say about the current state of Rare and Microsoft. He's currently working in indie games like Rusty Pup, and has said he's perfectly happy where he is.

Basically, if Microsoft do go for a new Conker game it'll be without the developer who made the game what it was, and who was Conker himself.
Maybe Phil told MS to cut Chris a big fat check to come back and make the game! :O

not happening, but it made me feel better to type it

After constantly getting my hopes up that we might finally get a new core Rare game for the last four E3s, I have no hope left. It has been said to death but they really are a withered husk and exist in name only. Their output is appalling for a supposed major studio, so there must be a multitude of problems. I don't think we will be seeing anything resembling a good game from Rare for a long time. They are done you people must like self torture.

BD1

Banned
After Ted made half a billion dollars a few years back, I've been saying there is totally an audience that wants to see cute, cuddly, kids characters in depraved, toilet humor situations. Bring him back Microsoft, Bring Conker back!!

Edit: I also think Microsoft is going to start bringing back old Rare IP, just not developed in house at Rare.

Musolf815

This could be the big push for me to get an Xbox One, I'd need more though like a true Banjo Threeie and some other IP revivals.

NotLiquid

Doesn't the guy hate MS with a level of passion/zeal that puts most fanboys to shame?

Yep. Seavor has a chip on his shoulders when it comes to Microsoft, and out of all of the guys involved, Seavor's projects were usually the ones to get the short stick.

Conker needs to stay dead unless the rights revert to Gory Detail. Which they never will.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think I actually want Conker more than Banjo.
Conker, Battletoads and Crimson Skies are my most wanted at E3.

Nvzman

But Chris isn't even with Microsoft nowadays, is he? AFAIK, he had his own independent company, and was actually working on a small scale Wii U title.
I know that, the game is actually called Rusty Pup.
But theoretically couldn't they just hire him for one game?

Fox Mulder

Not really interested unless Seaver is involved.

There can still be good Conker games without him, but I don't even think they can really do one now without updating the humor a bit. Might as well just make a new character.

I'd be more than happy just with BFD or L&R port with multiplayer though.

The script very much matters, and that was chiefly written by Seavor. He was the lead designer as well. Conker is Chris Seavor and Chris Seavor is Conker. There's no getting around that.

I'm sorry but that's silly. There's loads of people out there capable of writing a good Conker script as well as good teams to create the gameplay. There's also plenty of new material to parody / draw from. As for the voice there's probably a million and one people who could impersonate Conker close enough.

I mean sure it would be nice to have Seavor on board for a new game but it's not a necessity at all.

I bet Simon Pegg could write a good Conker sequel!

Microsoft have tasked Twycross based studio Rare Ltd with a new brain training game called Divide and Conker - they believe this is the correct direction to take the franchise.

gaming_noob

I don't see it happening. IF it does I'd like to see parodies from the following movies/shows:

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Paranormal Activity
Batman The Darknight
Walking Dead

Arsenic13

A new Conker game would be amazing, but let's not pretend that it needs to developed by Rare - they're not the same Rare anymore.

Silky

Banned
Could work as a reboot? Or they could get someone who sounds a lot like Seavor?

No. He literally /was/ that game. Lead dev, lead writer.

Haha, weird that the official xbox twitter is asking a question like that. I mean it's nice that they appreciate one of the most popular (classic) franchises but you'd think they would have found someone that said their favorite game was from a MS series.

Because people like video games? Like, a lot?

How do you know?

@conkerhimself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom