• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Connecting Wii to LG tv?

Loomba

I recently bought a Wii and I'm trying to connect it to my LGtv (Through the standard Red, White, Yellow connectors... composite is it?). The trouble is that my tv doesn't have the standard connections, it has:

oWKdOPc.jpg

You see how it only goes into a single yellow connection?

If I buy http://www.4lg.co.uk/product.pl?pid=2487778 and put it into the single yellow connection will I still get video and audio?

Out of everything I thought I'd need, I didn't even think my tv wouldn't have the correct inputs.

Either I'm blind or it does has the standard connections right there, the yellow red and white on the left...

EDIT: I'm so fucking dumb please excuse me.

To answer the question yes that connector will work. When you bought the TV it definitely would've come with those connectors (for component too). If you have it around check the box.

Jakabok

It has a single connector for audio and composite video. The TV should have come with an adaptor cable with the three phono sockets (yellow, red and white) to a single 3.5mm jack? You plug that into the TV then plug the Wii composite and audio into the adaptor.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looks like a breakout cable. Surprised they didn't include those in the box. That cable linked looks like it would work, but check the instructions in case the TV is supposed to include them.

Jakabok

Yeah it has a single connector for audio and composite video. The TV should have come with an adaptor cable with the three phono sockets (yellow, red and white)?

Duh just read your whole post. Yes that is the cable you need. Pisser if the TV didn't come with one.

Khaz

Does your tv have scart? If it does then use a scary adaptor if you have one lying around.

Fear itself:
15912964-1.jpg

Don't use these OP, they are tools of the devil.
Seriously, explaining RGB to people when stuff like this exists is a real pain.

Khaz

Why do I need 2? The cable that came with the Wii only has red, white and yellow connectors.

You need two because you are about to buy a Component cable for your Wii. Throws away this shitty Composite cable and never look back.

ozfunghi

OP, don't forget to change your display settings for this particular input. A Wii on a HDTV can look anywhere from "acceptable" to downright "horrible", and adjusting the display settings can go a long way.

Pandy

Others above have solved your query OP, but I'd second those that suggest getting either a component or HDMI cable for your Wii. I wouldn't connect any modern device via composite unless it was some kind of emergency.

Khaz

Please don't get an HDMI adapter/cable for your Wii. it's just a cheap upscaler in a box, that takes Component and makes shitty HDMI out of it. Your TV will do better with the original Component signal.

Zodzilla

For component on these TV's, you just need any triple rca female to single 3.5 mm male cable. (same cable that you linked) They won't be color coded the same (probably yellow-red-white instead of red-green/yellow-blue), but they'll work just fine. I have this same TV at work and ran into the same issue. Do that instead of component.

My TV doesn't have the normal Y/W/R plug jacks, but the component jacks have a little label under them saying where to put composite cables.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Did you get the TV new or used? If new, the adapter cables should be in the box and the manual will tell you how to connect them. If used, contact the person you bought it from and ask for the adapter cables and the manual.

Top Bottom