• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Is this blurry?(excuse the DOF in the background)

i5TWpn8npbh8k.png

its the best shot ive seen :) but ya I still find 'fuzzy' sorry probably too harsh a word :(

(also not trying to start anything/wars here :) )

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Infamous looks great. Goddamn PS4 screenshoting compression hurts the otherwise excellent IQ. Except for the texture filtering, which reminds me a bit of Sleeping Dogs using the in-engine texture filtering instead of driver level.

-griffy-

Banned
The only fault or nitpick I have with the visuals in inFamous, is that your character doesn't create a reflection. Anywhere. He has a basic shadow but when standing in wet roads that are reflecting cars, street lights etc, he is just casting a shadow.

Even early in the game there's a mirror (or mirrored fish bowl or glass I can't recall) and he has no reflection at all.

I don't know if it's to do with some of the visual trickery they've created or not but it would help the (very slight) cutout look he has.
He does create a reflection, but there are many items in the game that use pre-baked reflections, like some puddles and windows, where he doesn't show up. But there are real-time reflections used for streets/pavement all over the place, where every item in the game world is reflected. It's subtle though, and the wetter the pavement the more you see it.

In this pic posted above, for example. Look directly below his left foot, and you can faintly see the reflection of his leg in the pavement:
BjdrGtuCQAAXchW.jpg:orig

sangreal

These are some old shots of Ryse I didn't think were worth posting, but I think you guys are crazy (though I'd love to see it in 1080p native). I will try to get some better shots tomorrow

ryse26.png

ryse27.png

ryse28.png

But at least the flowers look great!!!=O

Yes, it's real time, the objective on the top right of the screen gave it away.=p

What makes it look almost real are the eyes. Crytek really nailed them. That pixar/avatar experience really helped.

I want to see more games that render eyes correctly in the future.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Jeeze, the only thing I'm gettin from all these Infamous screens is crushed-to-hell blacks. Does the game actually look like that, or is it just the way these screens are being captured?

VanWinkle

I went through my captures of Infamous Second Son on my PS4 and was mortified to find that I have taken HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of screenshots. My goodness. I must be pressing the share button every minute that I'm playing.

Hollow

I went through my captures of Infamous Second Son on my PS4 and was mortified to find that I have taken HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of screenshots. My goodness. I must be pressing the share button every minute that I'm playing.

You're not the only one. I've got ridiculous amounts of screens.
I've got about 10gb of recorded clips as well.

This game just looks so good I can't help myself.

Bjg_B25IEAAVVCf.jpg:orig

BjhH7MwIIAAahoe.jpg:orig

dat faces sometimes look uncanny in motion

BjhVVujIMAE6KGU.jpg:orig

^realtime puddle reflection (pedestrians are mirrored when walking by)

BjhWT2JIUAIHeiI.jpg:orig

^rusty metal meterial

the AA solution works very good. it also seems to use some temporal element as killzone does.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
InFamous SS is gorgeous but weirdness like the light from the headlights magically going through the car in front of it is going to become more and more noticeable as fidelity and realism increase.

The reflections are the only thing that seems off in this game. Noticed also in these shots:

Everything seems to reflect in the wrong spot. In the first picture is too much to the right , while in the second it is too much to the left. And there are several other screenshots where the reflections seem slightly off.

Other than that, it looks so good. I'm still amazed about the anti-aliasing.

I hope Sucker Punch puts out an update eventually to where you can turn off the HUD.. it's kind of a hassle doing the HUD removal trick over and over. Here are just some regular shots.

Delsin's model is extremely detailed.
13400531485_4df680f2c5_o.png

13400652503_84a8469943_o.png

13400885864_f46908213e_o.png

DOWN

Banned
I hope Sucker Punch puts out an update eventually to where you can turn off the HUD.. it's kind of a hassle doing the HUD removal trick over and over. Here are just some regular shots.

Not sure why you would ever not let people shut the HUD off. It is a very frustrating oversight, to me. Assassin's Creed has thankfully included a very configurable HUD toggle since the beginning of the franchise.

Top Bottom