• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

MYE

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018qq38.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01szq87.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bnjtp.jpg

TheGamer

This one of my favorite screenshots that I took:

GxypaJh.jpg

Here's another one I took:
xuoWyh5.jpg

Also, I don't think I posted this pic from Need for Speed Rivals yet:
LEqjD5F.jpg

ref

amazing shot!

is it possible to climb the space needle in this game?

There's one mission where you do, but if I remember correctly, you can't at all after it because I guess the people who own the building didn't want people to be able to climb it and jump off of it or something like that.

Some legal mumbo jumbo.

Gestault

Can we keep the photomode shots of this game out of here, It kinda ruins the spirit of the thread and is in no way representative of what the game looks like after every effect has been added along with color changes and everything else.

All these other games are being shown with full HUDs or at least during actual game scenes.

But hey, if you think this is fine, then get ready when GT7 hits and there's an onslaught of various photo mode beauty shots altered to high heaven.

Just take actual gameplay shots, no need to hide behind photo mode trickery.

Those are pretty clearly from the real-time replays. The game looks just like that or better almost all the time. On a properly calibrated TV, that game looks fantastic, aliasing and all.

whitehawk

Banned
So what's the best way to get the highest quality screenshots? Twitter, facebook, or using the PSN messaging system somehow? I got some really cool inFamous SS screenshots I want to post.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks better than the PS3 version that I have.
It should be noted that it does not actually look better. The Wii U version doesn't actually have any advantages over the PS3 version and, in fact, runs at a lower overall frame-rate.

It's just that the shots in this thread are displayed at the proper 1280x720. Those same areas on PS3 look identical. When you're actually playing the game it is very likely being upscaled which definitely detracts from the end results.

MYE

It should be noted that it does not actually look better. The Wii U version doesn't actually have any advantages over the PS3 version and, in fact, runs at a lower overall frame-rate.

It's just that the shots in this thread are displayed at the proper 1280x720. Those same areas on PS3 look identical. When you're actually playing the game it is very likely being upscaled which definitely detracts from the end results.
You own both or are you simply using the DF article?
Cuz I read that article and the part where it complains about controller lag input and gameplay breaking framerates are complete horseshit.
I'll give them the benefit of doubt since it might have been patched, but it wouldnt be the first time they dropped the ball with their comparisons.

mrJared

Banned
Infamous getting photo mode soon, so I can't wait to see how amazing the game looks with those beauties in here. Just like a cutscene.

shinnn

Can we keep the photomode shots of this game out of here, It kinda ruins the spirit of the thread and is in no way representative of what the game looks like after every effect has been added along with color changes and everything else.

All these other games are being shown with full HUDs or at least during actual game scenes.

But hey, if you think this is fine, then get ready when GT7 hits and there's an onslaught of various photo mode beauty shots altered to high heaven.

Just take actual gameplay shots, no need to hide behind photo mode trickery.

Infamous getting photo mode soon, so I can't wait to see how amazing the game looks with those beauties in here. Just like a cutscene.

Holy hypocrisy man. Is this kind of troll allowed here on gaf? lol

He definitely should have chosen his words differently. HUD-less option will be available for SS soon. There is no mode where it supersamples like Forza.

Actually the patch is adding more than HUD options. It is adding a photo mode that lets you edit pics, adjusting DOF and so forth.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbkvRpL72mo

Even freezing the game and rotating camera. But seeing as though this is happening in real time, I'm happy for the pics to remain here. Fake replays in car games are a different story.

Actually the patch is adding more than HUD options. It is adding a photo mode that lets you edit pics, adjusting DOF and so forth.

Oh, wow.
Was that announced the same time as the HUD-less option or just recently? Will it supersample or are the tweaks limited to DoF and such?

fasTRapid

Banned
DoF is the only extra effect that's effecting the graphics. In Forza you have a seperate, much more detailed model, that is not in the 'interactive game', whereas inFamous uses its assets for everything, Level of detail is always the same.

chadboban

I really REALLY love these shots. Dammit now I'm getting an urge to play this again. I still feel extreme shame from not being able to complete
Champion's Road
yet. One day perhaps...

Also fantastic WWHD shots Streets
Killzone still blows me away with how good it looks.

Edit: HOLY SHIT at that inFAMOUS photo mode, can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

MYE

Asscreed looks so much better hudless!
The "modern" looking minimap and other hud elements... I still don't know why Ubi keeps it. Ruins the period look the go to so much trouble recreating IMO

I've been waiting to post Infamous until the update hits (tomorrow yes!) but they really surprised me by adding the photo mode to the list of things in the update. So awesome of Sucker Punch to do that.

Top Bottom