• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

That's one way to spin it.
So AA, LOD are a no-go while changes in effects as DOF and blur are perfectly fine? I don't get it, both alter the image and result in an image that doesn't reflect the actual gameplay. Just look at the images posted by Shikari, I've platinumed I:SS but never did it look like that.

Adjustment in DoF and blur aren't a big deal. Higher quality effects are different. What is there to understand? Again, the quality of effects, AA, everything in fact is the same, you are just able to adjust the focus of DoF and the position of the camera, and add some standard filters...

Would you be ok if people only posted photo mode screenshots with no added DOF or effects? Because those screenshots would be 100% gameplay.

Well, it's not like i'm trying to dictate how this thread should be, don't get me wrong. It's merely a suggestion to keep it purely gameplay related..
But to answer your question: no, i would rather just see what you would see while playing the game. I also think the coolest images are the images where you can position the camera where you want. And i think photomodes in general are a very cool addition to the features of a game. But the perfect Consoles screenshot thread for me would be just a screenshot while playing the game.

Adjustment in DoF and blur aren't a big deal. Higher quality effects are different. What is there to understand? Again, the quality of effects, AA, everything in fact is the same, you are just able to adjust the focus of DoF and the position of the camera, and add some standard filters...

Well it's been a tough day for some guys. Titanfail failing to change the fate of the Bone, PS4 selling 7 million,etc. (don't have the heart to go on piling the misery). It will take time for salty fanboys to get over the shock, Pls understand

Well it's been a tough day for some guys. Titanfail failing to change the fate of the Bone, PS4 selling 7 million,etc. (don't have the heart to go on piling the misery). It will take time for salty fanboys to get over the shock, Pls understand

this has nothing to do with the screen shot thread

C'mon guys, let's stop with the fighting and post more shots...

1978462_10152119969677620_8485856389426403794_o.jpg

Delsin: "Kids, this is the story of How I Met Your Mother..."

1974393_10152119969992620_9045035419480236861_o.jpg

1614042_10152119970467620_3476146646742046667_o.jpg

Caayn

You don't get what I'm saying. I'm well aware of the differences between DoF, AA, blur, etc and the effect they have on an image.

People are using double standards, either be okay with changes to an image or don't be. What currently is going is "Hey I don't like the changes photo modes gives/allows in the image of game A as they alter the image. But I love the photo mode in game B, that also gives/allows changes in the image of game B". It's a double standard. Especially when you've got people claiming that they're against photo mode because it alters the image, basically every reaction to a Forza 5 shot in this thread.

I honestly don't mind photo mode shots in this thread. But I do mind the double standard some of you guys have.
What does this has to do with the topic at hand?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
C'mon guys, let's stop with the fighting and post more shots...

1978462_10152119969677620_8485856389426403794_o.jpg

Delsin: "Kids, this is the story of How I Met Your Mother..."

1974393_10152119969992620_9045035419480236861_o.jpg

1614042_10152119970467620_3476146646742046667_o.jpg

The top one is fantastic, great composition. You familiar with the artificial concept art thread? I would love to see what the top one looks like in that mode.

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
You don't get what I'm saying. I'm well aware of the differences between DoF, AA, blur, etc and the effect they have on an image.

People are using double standards, either be okay with changes to an image or don't be. What currently is going is "Hey I don't like the changes photo modes gives/allows in the image of game A as they alter the image. But I love the photo mode in game B, that also gives/allows changes in the image of game B". It's a double standard. Especially when you've got people claiming that they're against photo mode because it alters the image, basically every reaction to a Forza 5 shot in this thread.

I honestly don't mind photo mode shots in this thread. But I do mind the double standard some of you guys have.
What does this has to do with the topic at hand?

i think the biggest difference between forza and infamous is that forza shots are entirely not representative of gameplay, while infamous looks like that minus the DOF which is not detrimental to the screenshots.

Fantastic shot! I can't wait to try out the photo mode over the weekend. Anyways here is a FFXIV PS4 shot to break up things a little bit (this game is the reason I've yet to try out the photo mode.) I think I'm a level 24 during this shot, but level is synced down to 19 due to the low level dungeon.

ilkkTcTGUpSCf.jpg

this one is amazing , I think I'll use it as wallpaper . Thank you

Haha thanks! Already plat the game but tempted to go through it again just for photo mode opportunities!

i think the biggest difference between forza and infamous is that forza shots are entirely not representative of gameplay, while infamous looks like that minus the DOF which is not detrimental to the screenshots.

Also this is absolutely correct. There is zero loading from when you enter or exit photo mode and its pretty obvious that the only change that happens when you exit is either your filter or your DOF fades away. The game looks that good.

Haha thanks! Already plat the game but tempted to go through it again just for photo mode opportunities!

Also this is absolutely correct. There is zero loading from when you enter or exit photo mode and its pretty obvious that the only change that happens when you exit is either your filter or your DOF fades away. The game looks that good.

There isn't a person here who says it doesn't look as good. It seems people forgot how to read. Everything can be asked and said in a rational reasonable way. It's a crying shame that some people have such silly reactions to normal questions (not you by the way).
I'll leave it at that.

Turbo

Neo Member
I know. Still, it's not how the game looks while playing.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a problem and it looks great. But i do come in here to look what games look like while playing.
You can allready see people thinking it's how the game looks when you play it.

I thought about this too, but if a person does think that way, they should also question why the change in dof or blurring would help enhance their gameplay session in any way.

In my opinion, that would really be a bad idea ( imagine the constant change or blurring when you play). If anything it would be too distracting.

On a minor note (and offtopic), I completely forgot I had an account, feels weird to post again.

I thought about this too, but if a person does think that way, they should also question why the change in dof or blurring would help enhance their gameplay session in any way.

In my opinion, that would really be a bad idea ( imagine the constant change or blurring when you play). If anything it would be too distracting.
They wouldn't know it was changed (if they never played the game before). They'd only consider that if it had "photomode" typed above it. I think that would be a good solution anyway. Like the post above me.

Every game needs photo mode similar to I:SS. No replay videos, no exiting the game; just play the game and seamlessly compose screenshots when the user see fits.

what platform is the trials screenshot from and what the heck is the second game?

EDIT: Disregard the 2nd part. Both are from trials, just curious which platform because the IQ looks meh
PS4, using the app method.

It is indeed nothing special to look at, those areas are two 'secret' areas, the first is a hidden squirrel area and the second is a hidden game of tennis!

Every game needs photo mode similar to I:SS. No replay videos, no exiting the game; just play the game and seamlessly compose screenshots when the user see fits.
Yes. It's a great feature. You can really appreciate the work that they did on all the details. And you can take a much better look at what exactly happens in certain events. Just stopping time and taking a good look around is awesome.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
For me, this is the best part. No exiting, no press start and go through a menu, it's literally a click away. It's like I'm using Cheat Engine. :lol

Top Bottom