• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consolevania (Scottish videogame comedy) enters Season 5.

Jaymageck

You may or may not have heard of Consolevania - the Scottish videogame series created by Robert Florence and Ryan MacLeod, also of BBC 'VideoGaiden' fame.. If you're unfamiliar, here's a wee snippet from their old days - an Oblivion review.

If your humour lays on the cruder side, they're also responsible for little videos like this one about Reggie and J. Allard.

Anyway, long story short, these guys were doing funny games stuff way ahead of the competition. Last year, they brought back the series on Patreon and had a great run of 10 episodes and a Christmas special. After a month break, they're already back in 2018 for a 5th season, with the first episode out today!

If you're interested in surreal games comedy, particularly games comedy from my home country of funny accented people, I can't recommend them enough. This would be as great a time as any to get on the Consolevania bandwagon.

https://www.patreon.com/consolevania/posts

Last edited:

ilfait

It's got to be said that the Consolevania has earned its reputation; this is just an amazing drive, and I can recommend it wholeheartedly, albeit with one small reservation: while the Consolevania handles like a dream on tarmac, it's not the show you'll want to be driving if you're looking to race... on bananas!

Thanks for posting this.

Top Bottom