• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contes de mon Ass – People who want to whine about ACU do so ITT for no reason

Yesterday, the PS4 version of Assassin’s Creed: Unity received a huge 2GB update. This highly anticipated update for Ubisoft’s open world game was meant to fix its performance issues, however it seems that the patch did more – or should we say removed more – than that.

For starters, we can confirm – after witnessing with our own eyes – some really broken reflections. After upgrading the game to the latest version in PS4, there were some flickering reflections in Arno’s house. Not only that, but those reflections seemed of a lower quality than those we enjoyed before patching the game.

dLfX3VT.png

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor...ins-creed-unitys-visuals-after-latest-update/

Update:

Seems like this is a bug in the PS4 version for one area only.

I've tried.
Seems the patch introduced a lighting bug in that particular location, PS4 version.
There are no downgrades elsewhere and the frame rate is still sub 30fps.
Makes no sense at all as a downgrade since the problems weren't in a closed enviroments to being with.
I'll update with my screens in a minute.

Before:
p3y7L0f.jpg

After:
xDJZaJk.jpg

ekim

The lighting seems to be completely different. I just bought the game on X1 and it's still downloading and I hope the downgrade isn't too huge.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So to get more FPS they just downgrade the shit out of the game :lol

gogogow

Surely they are not that stupid? They are under fire and they pull this shit? Maybe they'll offer another free game...

Fuck it. This is the end of the line. Unless this is a bug I'm going to be getting onto Ubi about a refund. PBR was a big draw to me and it looks like they took it out.

So buying that game is even less of an option.

I know Ubi has a lot of great devs and some games are performing great. But please Ubi, don't fuck up Rainbow Six.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The Dark Souls II treatment!

"Problem solved! Take out all the lighting, lads!"

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Were these areas FPS black holes before? Because if they weren't it would seem to be an error rather than deliberate.

Jack cw

How is it a rumor? Is the patch not out live or something?

It's a trade-off for better performance, right? Right?

Well, technically they said, they improved framerate on PS4 by reducing the server request priority and not that they toned down effects in order to achieve it. Sneaky Unisoft.

R&R

So last year we got 900p > 1080p graphics upgrade patch for Black Flag...this year we got an 900p = 900p graphics downgrade patch for Unity. Progress...lol.

But seriously WTF! So we are at a point where patches no longer update/fix games but actually downgrade them??!?!

Nibel

I'm wondering: is the lighting in interiors changing depending on the day of the time? Is there a day and night cycle?

I can't believe this downgrade to be really true.

bosseye

I'd probably be a bit pissed off if I'd bought the game and then found an update stunted the visuals that perhaps I'd been really enjoying up til then....

Top Bottom