• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra Rogue Corps is coming to Switch!

Michele

you.
gRbGMSw.png

Feels like a monkey's paw wish: a new Contra, but it's of the overhead variety.

I'm at least interested to see who's working on it, but otherwise...not excited for this, at the moment.

As someone who liked Neo Contra, I find this to look decent.

Not a fan of the goofy shit like the Panda but I guess when a character like Fang exists, it's not out of line so much as not what I'd have wanted to see more of.

SALMORE

Well ... it plays like how you would imagine Contra in 3D , but i hope the artstyle was more colorful / anime

But i will definitely get it

NeoContra was a tight japanese arcade style experience to the core.

This on the other hand looks like generic twinstick shooter with Contra license slapped on.

Shame.

At least I'll have the Contra collection.

It definitely looks ugly and cheap as fuck but I can't say the shooting gameplay snippets shown in the trailer don't have potential.

Or should I say, it doesn't look like it's going to be Legacy of War Redux. :messenger_winking:

zenspider

Game of Show right here.

I'm very optimistic this will continue in the tradition of brilliant failures to ressurect the franchise since Appaloosa murdered it.

Konami's 'Red Band' trailer captures the vibe they're going a lot better than the direct. Hard Corps meets NEOContra. Fucking unreal move.

Belmonte

Contra Legacy of War remake?

I'm very hyped for this one! I don't like how they are going with more cartoony characters, like the Panda. Contra Hard Corps had Fang and Browny but the game has more of a 80/90s anime, cool as shit, vibe instead of cartoon.

But it isn't like this can't work! It is cartoon but a good cartoon! Lots of explosions, Contra style action and bullets flying everywhere like it should be.

Please, someone tell me it isn't a Switch exclusive.

Orenji Neko

So down for this, and to find out the Anniversary Collection is to be available today...motherfuck! Sent this trailer straight to my brother who has always been my player 2 on these games. Time to meet up and shoot shit up together once again.

Belmonte

Game of Show right here.

I'm very optimistic this will continue in the tradition of brilliant failures to ressurect the franchise since Appaloosa murdered it.

Konami's 'Red Band' trailer captures the vibe they're going a lot better than the direct. Hard Corps meets NEOContra. Fucking unreal move.

Wow! I changed my mind. It feels more like a comic than a cartoon. Even the Panda is cool!

Last edited:

Pejo

Was hoping based on the title that it would be like Hard Corps: Uprising. Still looks fun but it's not what I hoped.

Tesseract

Banned
looks dope, shattered soldier basically maxed out what you can do with 2.5d so i'm down with a different perspective

CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS is a twin stick, third-person action game drawing upon its roots in fast and focused combat developed for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (STEAM). From the director of CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS and CONTRA: HARD CORPS, Nobuya Nakazato instills more than 25 years of franchise pedigree into CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS with enormous crazed enemies, over-the-top violence, and a cast of diverse playable characters that add to the irreverent tone of the game.

Belmonte

CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS is a twin stick, third-person action game drawing upon its roots in fast and focused combat developed for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (STEAM). From the director of CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS and CONTRA: HARD CORPS, Nobuya Nakazato instills more than 25 years of franchise pedigree into CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS with enormous crazed enemies, over-the-top violence, and a cast of diverse playable characters that add to the irreverent tone of the game.

Now I can be at peace! Nobuya Nakazato is a Contra legend! And I don't need to buy a Switch!

KOMANI

KOMANI
Ok, so I’ve read one article that clearly says Konami is developing it. I think it’s the fox engine because it has that toy soldier look to it, but with the fox engine’s hideous textures. If they just improve on the resolution of the textures, it wouldn’t look so ugly.

Oh, he worked on the story for Vandal Heart

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
Both the standard and the day one edition will feature a reversible cover from legendary illustrator Tom DuBois, creator of several iconic KONAMI game cover art including CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS, OPERATION C and several renowned Castlevania titles.

• PVE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online* in multi-player
  • PVP – Create custom matches (private mode) for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 1vs4 players*
  • Local Couch CO-OP modes with up to 4 players**

Source

Last edited:

Holammer

Some people seem to be excited over this, what am I missing? Crazy pills? Brain parasites? Without the Contra branding this would be Indiegala monday fodder.

Barakov

Graphics do look rough but I like the Hard Corps style they're going for. Also the action looks pretty bombastic so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

brap

Banned
lmao all those dislikes on the trailer

Some people seem to be excited over this, what am I missing? Crazy pills? Brain parasites? Without the Contra branding this would be Indiegala monday fodder.
I REMEMBER CONTRA FROM BEING A KID SO I AM EXCITED AND I CLAPPED. I LOVE NINTENDO.

Shaqazooloo

Yeah the graphics looked rough (coming from someone that generally doesn't care) but i'm down for playing a gun wielding panda!

SALMORE

it's canon btw ! the story set after the 3rd one

I'll wait for a direct gameplay footage then I'll judge

Top Bottom