• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control |OT| The power of the gun 'n' the palm of your hand

Old Retro

I thought it was a great game but not as fantastic as people make it out to be. Also I was watching a bit of The Bold and the Beautiful soap opera and Courtney Hope is in it?!?

MV5BZWEwNDZmNDEtNDQ5My00OTIzLThhZGYtYTQ3Mzg2ZTIzZWM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

The foundation dlc so far is ass. Glad i didnt payed for it and waited for the PS5 version to play it for "free"

Yeah, Foundation isn't great (aside from two segments of it that I mentioned a couple posts up)

AWE is great though, at least check it out before shelfing the game.

----------------------------------------------------

izbGjJC.jpg

PC2.png

Top pic of from my PS5 (performance mode), bottom is from PC at 1440p/Ultra (no RT. no DLSS)

This is a scene where it compares favorably, other than a little detail here and there they don't look that different.

When I turn around and face the balcony, and the trees, this changes a bit, you can see missing reflections on PS5...(pics incoming)

Last edited:

Shmunter

So onto second dlc on PS5. THE Alan Wake chapter. Loving it as have done the whole game.

Was stuck on the light puzzle with the invisible ghoul in the shadows. Tried YouTubing solution but it’s buried in some long play throughs, scrubbing is a pita.

But then remembered PS5 cards carry tip videos. Sure enough there it was. So if your stuck, at least on PS5, try the card tip!

Control Ultimate edition on PS4 or PS5 doesn't include PS4 exclusive Astral Dive suit. You have to buy non ultimate edition to Astral dive suit on PS4.

Absolutely pathetic. Fuck 505 and Remedy.

Control Ultimate edition on PS4 or PS5 doesn't include PS4 exclusive Astral Dive suit. You have to buy non ultimate edition to Astral dive suit on PS4.

Absolutely pathetic. Fuck 505 and Remedy.

Yeah this sucks. I would have assumed that the Ultimate Edition of a game included the pre-order locked outfits, I think there are three of them, right?

Yeah this sucks. I would have assumed that the Ultimate Edition of a game included the pre-order locked outfits, I think there are three of them, right?
No. Tactical gear and Astral dive and that exclusive mission also not included. But if you buy base deluxe edition on ps4, you will get them. Fucking most retarded shit i have ever seen in the game.

regawdless

Banned
After finishing the main game last year and really enjoying it, I now started the DLCs. Alan Wake DLC first. I like the dark atmosphere and the weird story.

Only negative: lot of interesting stuff to read lying around. But it's so much, that I have to force myself to keep reading all of it.

After finishing the main game last year and really enjoying it, I now started the DLCs. Alan Wake DLC first. I like the dark atmosphere and the weird story.

Only negative: lot of interesting stuff to read lying around. But it's so much, that I have to force myself to keep reading all of it.

I like the AWE expansion. It's great. Curious to hear what you think of Foundation, when you get there. Maybe you will like it more than I did.

TriSuit666

Banned

You should have done foundation first, it leads directly from the end of the campaign.

Shmunter

Both expansions welcome, more of a great game. After finishing both I went back to the side missions. Gave up after wittingly them down to basic and boring search missions. Got my fill and satisfied.

Last edited:
Both expansions welcome, more of a great game. After finishing both I went back to the side missions. Gave after wittingly them down to basic and boring search missions. Got my fill and satisfied.

If you ever feel like going back to the side missions, the side missions in AWE give you powerful weapon mods. The Shatter and Pierce ones are especially helpful

Last edited:

Krathoon

No. Tactical gear and Astral dive and that exclusive mission also not included. But if you buy base deluxe edition on ps4, you will get them. Fucking most retarded shit i have ever seen in the game.
This is why I am playing my digital deluxe edition on the PS4.
Screw that first boss in the game. I had enough of him and turned on immortality and gunned him down.

Last edited:

Amory

This game has been a buggy mess for me on PC. Crashes requiring full system restarts, and a weird bug where the title screen will not register any button presses so I have to go through the task manager to quit the game and boot it up again.

I'm having a good time with it when it actually works but I'm not going to be able to get through the game at this rate. It's just too big a hassle.

Amory

Lol so my game crashed immediately following the punch card puzzle in the old boys club questline. I was in the middle of the cutscene with marshall asking me to go find stones or whatever and everything froze up.

Quit out, load back in, and my current main mission is to "talk to marshall". Ok. Lemme go back to the lab where I left her....and she's not there. Ok maybe she's back where I first met her. Nope. Hm. Well the story mentioned she'd be going to the board room with Pope to meet up with me after the mission I was supposed to do, maybe she warped over there.....nope.

She's gone. So I guess that's how my time with control is going to end because I can't progress the story and there's only the autosave file.

It's a real shame how utterly broken this game is when you use gamepass PC. It's really fun. But not fun enough to restart after 6 hours.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
So both bundles are on sale on the Xbox store for 11,99€, both Ultimate Editions, with the second one being 'Series X / S', I assume it's this one that has all the enhancements?

Also played it on PS4 Pro, incredible game. Loved the narrative, the art design and the atmosphere.

skit_data

Replaying Control on PS5, the Ultimate Edition. Platinumed it back on PS4 and while the performance was abysmal I still found the game to be one of the better games released closer to the end of last gen and really unique in its aesthetics and tone. I bought the season pass for it on PS4 but never played the Alan Wake expansion, so it feels pretty nice to have something entirely new in the game to check out. I even bought Alan Wake Remastered to try to make the most of it.

I feel it's pretty underrated tbh, barely anyone I know have played it, so I try to spread the message. It's arguably the best game ever included in PS Plus Essential, as far as I can remember (Demon's Souls for PS3 being the only one I can think of that matches it).

It's so damn good, now with some more horsepower backing up the insane physics (I'm actually a bit surprised they could get it working to extent it did on those last gen boxes, but then again TotK just proved you can have pretty complex physics on even weaker hardware). Remedy has pretty much become one of my favourite studios based solely on Control, really looking forward to what they will bring with Alan Wake 2 and the sequel to Control.

Oh, and having Porcupine Tree blasting as the credits roll om the main story is just *chefs kiss*.

EDIT: Oh dammit, that's what I was gonna ask:
Is it "necessary" to play Alan Wake before the AWE expansion?

Last edited:
Top Bottom