Control |OT| The power of the gun 'n' the palm of your hand

Hostile_18

Jun 7, 2015
UK
The amount of written stuff is insane... You wouldn't pay attention to the content.
Well you'd streamline it and put it in downtime parts.

As you say there is loads of written content which isn't ideal as it leads to stop/start gameplay.

sertopico

Oct 30, 2012
www.youtube.com
Yes you are right, at the same time you don't really have to read the stuff you collect immediately after collecting it. Personally I clean up an area and then I dedicate myself to the reading. :)

Reactions: Hostile_18

SALMORE

Aug 22, 2018
Bahrain
I’m a huge fan of all remedy games and I’ve just started this.

Awkward question - please excuse me if I’m way off base (as I’ve said I’m not far into the game), but does this game have a kind of satanic tone?

It just seems kind of disturbing in a kind of subliminal way and I can be a little sensitive about this topic so I was wondering if other players could comment to either reassure or confirm my initial impression?

I played it late at night (and in an exhausted state so it could well just be my own sensitivity here).
No ! i didn't see anything " satanic " or " Illuminati " in the game , unlike Borderlands 3

first patch is out now , installed it last night , the game is much better now specifically in combat ( i have the normal PS4 ) 😉

Reactions: Skyfox

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
So good that they take place in the same universe.

Finding those docs linking them together was one of the coolest moments in the game for me

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Kinda bummed the expansions don’t arrive til next year

Was hoping to at least get the first one by Christmas

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Really good article explaining all of the connections. Had no idea Quantum Break basically takes place in the same universe too. AWE’s and the Bureau get mentioned in it.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
So good that they take place in the same universe.

Finding those docs linking them together was one of the coolest moments in the game for me
Man
Do I have to read about Alan Wake now? It’s been so long since I’ve played that game that I don’t remember the story nor how it ended

Last edited:

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Man
Do I have to read about Alan Wake now? It’s been so long since I’ve played that game that I don’t remember the story not how it ended
You just need to know that AWE is an abbreviation for "Altered World Events". For those who want to correlate it to Alan Wake: the events at Bright Falls are explicitly referenced and defined as an Altered World Event, and the clicker and/or lake/cabin as Object of Power / Altered Items. The Bureau of Control investigated the events, including interviewing Wake's wife. Wake is assumed to be trapped in another dimension.

So fucking cool

sertopico

Oct 30, 2012
www.youtube.com
Really good article explaining all of the connections. Had no idea Quantum Break basically takes place in the same universe too. AWE’s and the Bureau get mentioned in it.

I always thought it was going to be like this. That is the best way to connect different games one with another and give a sense of continuity to things which apparently have nothing in common. Clever move.

slade

Sep 30, 2005
Beat the game yesterday. This was a nice TPS with a good story. I hope there is a Control 2 somewhere down the line.

I've got most of Remedy's games in my backlog. If Alan Wake is half as trippy as this, I've waited way too long to play it.

Stitch

Nov 26, 2006

– Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content

– Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu

– Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu

:messenger_sunglasses: :messenger_ok:

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014

– Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content

– Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu

– Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu

:messenger_sunglasses: :messenger_ok:
About damn time

cormack12

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2013
Anyone know if the patch fixed the issue where guns couldn't be upgraded for no apparent reason?
Yeah, I think it was constructing 'pierce' that was bugged.

PROGRESSION FIXES
A number of issues to do with progression have also been fixed with the Control 1.03 update. These include times when a player could not acquire “Pierce Charging Efficiency” and “Spin Grouping Efficiency” upgrades. There was also an issue that prevented players from activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade. Other issues affecting player progression in several missions have also been fixed.

Read more at https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/594077-control-1-03-update-patch-notes-september-10#bI1XhgmPtCJAQBEi.99