• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cool things Nintendo should do but never will because they are Nintendo

Pokémon Gourmet.

You're on a quest to catch, cook and eat every possible Pokémon.
Ever wondered what a Pikachu tastes like ? Now's your chance !
Gonna Eat 'em All !

Bragr

Banned
Battalion Wars is more a real-time action spin-off but I wouldn't mind a new Battalion Wars either. A new Advance Wars doesn't have to be 2D (although I would totally be fine with that), I just want that kind of turn-based strategy on the Switch. Yes, I am aware of Tiny Metal...but it kinda feels like a more clunky, less well thought through designed game. But it's alright.
Ironically, I had this experience as well with Iron Harvest, a Company of Heroes-clone with a cool setting....but it plays worse than Company of Heroes and the maps aren't as interesting.
You also have Wargroove, which is a straight up Advance Wars copy, but it falls short too. Dual Strike was just the perfect sweet spot, I loved how you could get stars on each level in the skirmish mode, so you got addicted to clearing all the levels and all that, fantastic progression and one of those games it's always easy to go back to even years later. Even now it hasn't really aged much at all.

Hudo

You also have Wargroove, which is a straight up Advance Wars copy, but it falls short too. Dual Strike was just the perfect sweet spot, I loved how you could get stars on each level in the skirmish mode, so you got addicted to clearing all the levels and all that, fantastic progression and one of those games it's always easy to go back to even years later. Even now it hasn't really aged much at all.
Ah, thanks for reminding me of Wargroove. I wanted to check it out but it kinda fell off my radar for some reason.

ksdixon

- Wario 3D platformer where Mario is the endboss
- Mario Kart where new characters and courses are added like in Smash Bros.
- Have classic Nintendo characters like Luigi or Kirby live as villagers in Animal Crossing
- A proper console Nintendogs with deep progression and tons of activities
- Wave Race 3 and 1080 Snowboarding 3 with online leveling systems and leaderboards
- Battalion Wars 3 with online versus modes
- Wii Sports 2 with online modes (can use joycons, wii sports resort counts as a spin-off)
- Revive and give Golden Sun a console treatment
- Star Fox Adventure 2 developed by the Breath of the Wild team
- Anything F-Zero
- Excitebike with online made by the Mario Kart team

That Mario Kart = smash Bros approach is genius.

Zannegan

Hmm... how about a Star Fox that is basically Mass Effect 1 meets Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)? Choose missions, recruit team members, and explore the Lylat system with your own Great Fox, launching Arwings or Landmasters from there as the mission requires.

Vawn

Banned
Nintendo's biggest strength is thinking differently than the other guys.

Nintendo's biggest weakness is refusing to just copy the competition when they're doing something better.

Vawn

Banned
A peach game where she says Mario.

Super-Princess-Peach

WakeTheWolf

Allow you transfer your save data on Animal Crossing. My girlfriend had to replace her switch and lost her island despite asking them to restore it.

Saber

Gold Member
A proper well made pokemon, with great scale and more money invested into to it. Not a lazy, old gen visual cash grab.

Mario is a 18+ game of an old, jaded, alcoholic Mario who’s still grieving for failing to save peach. He gets recruited for one last job as familiar face is running wild.

gameplay is bloody and gory - plays like max payne with a heavy focus on close range weapons like shotguns and fists.

or have reggie take it in the ass.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
I love how salty these threads always are.

It's like me coming to a PlayStation thread asking Sony to finally make a decent controller after 20 years of failing, knowing full well they'll never make anything like that and stick to that retarded button layout.

Ontopic: a pokemon MMO. Have been waiting for that since Pokémon Stadium came out.

emmerrei

Insted of a Mario Kart i would prefer a new Diddy Kong Racing, with a hub-world, bosses and challanges. But yeah, they can get the same idea and transport it on a Mario Kart game. Also because, Mario Kart 8 feels old at this point (released in 2014). It's time for a new chapter.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I wish they came out with more compilations, but since they operate on the "Disney vault" mentality, their old games are trickled out and used to prop up other services.

Enzo88

Have Miyamoto retire.

We'll always remember him for his incredible contributions, but in his old age...

giphy.gif
I really don`t understand this fringe of Miyamoto`s hate. As far as i know, he does not call many shots at all at this point.

sn0man

A Nintendo Princesses brand is a no-brainer. Nintendo wants Mario to compete with Mickey, no reason the Princesses can't also compete.
What about a beat ‘em up with Peace, Rosalena, Pauline, and Toadette?

or a new DK game where Pauline has to save someone from DK?

I think there is more opportunity to allow the female characters to be the stars of games.

myfriendtim

What about a beat ‘em up with Peace, Rosalena, Pauline, and Toadette?

or a new DK game where Pauline has to save someone from DK?

I think there is more opportunity to allow the female characters to be the stars of games.
Dont forget Daisy and Zelda!

Last edited:

Allforce

The fact that they've sold so many millions of Switch consoles and haven't farted out a cheap port of Wii Sports is just bonkers to me.

They could charge 60 bucks for it a d it'll be in the top seller software list for years. People of every age just want their fucking Wii Bowling no matter what the cost is.

Top Bottom