• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cool things Nintendo should do but never will because they are Nintendo

Indeed. Everyone has quoted me that and it’s good to know others know it exists. I’ve heard it isn’t a great game. Maybe I should check it out.

Played it in an emulator a while back, it's strange even by Nintendo standards, but probably would play a sequel or successor that's more recognizably Nintendo if that makes sense. To me it lacked a certain Nintendo feeling to it and I dropped it as a result

Neil Young

First off, I'm fine with the Switch as a system
Except for the stick drift..that shit is real and I handle my electronics like I'm holding a baby with brittle bone syndrome.

First cool thing: Actually provide top tier online services.

They need to tar and feather the people responsible for EVERYTHING online related and especially the E Shop. Pure garbage and no excuse when their prior systems did it better. They have the money to pour into r and d but...they don't. Nintendo SHOULD HAVE invented gamepass with their catalog and we all would be subscribed.

Second cool thing: Make more games and a good Pokemon game.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love more than one Mario, Zelda, Kart game per console. Again, they have the money, don't release many games, how about they step up the production? I know Mario, Zelda, Kart get praised as the best of the best, but, let's be honest...they could do a lot more in these games. The most sickening example is Pokemon. More money than God and they drop a turd on their fanbase.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo is on track to make millions (breath of the wild 2, big Mario games) but yes no next gen console is questionable, N64, GameCube, Wii mini’s MIA is questionable.

lock2k

Banned
- Wario 3D platformer where Mario is the endboss
- Mario Kart where new characters and courses are added like in Smash Bros.
- Have classic Nintendo characters like Luigi or Kirby live as villagers in Animal Crossing
- A proper console Nintendogs with deep progression and tons of activities
- Wave Race 3 and 1080 Snowboarding 3 with online leveling systems and leaderboards
- Battalion Wars 3 with online versus modes
- Wii Sports 2 with online modes (can use joycons, wii sports resort counts as a spin-off)
- Revive and give Golden Sun a console treatment
- Star Fox Adventure 2 developed by the Breath of the Wild team
- Anything F-Zero
- Excitebike with online made by the Mario Kart team
I really like your ideas.

Choosing between a male/female and transgender Link
8zXR9Wt.png

Jeeves

I really don`t understand this fringe of Miyamoto`s hate. As far as i know, he does not call many shots at all at this point.
Officially he doesn't really, as far as I know. But he has influence and people at the company listen to him out of respect. It sounds like he's rather possessive of his creations and might be the reason why Paper Mario games are now kept within strict creative bounds, and you also have stuff like his decision to make Star Fox Zero require gamepad controls for no good reason. Put it together with stories from the past of people like Koizumi having to basically sneak lore tidbits into Zelda games under Miyamoto's nose because he was so against having much of a story...again, to say he's done great work would be an understatement, but it sounds like he's a bit overbearing and sometimes holds people and projects back from their full potential.

And those examples are just what we hear about, I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more stories like these that are untold.

reptilex

Banned
- Wario 3D platformer where Mario is the endboss
- Mario Kart where new characters and courses are added like in Smash Bros.
- Have classic Nintendo characters like Luigi or Kirby live as villagers in Animal Crossing
- A proper console Nintendogs with deep progression and tons of activities
- Wave Race 3 and 1080 Snowboarding 3 with online leveling systems and leaderboards
- Battalion Wars 3 with online versus modes
- Wii Sports 2 with online modes (can use joycons, wii sports resort counts as a spin-off)
- Revive and give Golden Sun a console treatment
- Star Fox Adventure 2 developed by the Breath of the Wild team
- Anything F-Zero
- Excitebike with online made by the Mario Kart team

Hum Wario, which they actually already did in 3D, just doesn't work in 3D (see Wario World) and Mario Kart 8 already had added new characters and courses after release. Also F Nintendogs, Wii Sports and Degenerate Crossing. Excitebike is not interesting and obsolete.

You're a teen are you?

Hum Wario, which they actually already did in 3D, just doesn't work in 3D (see Wario World) and Mario Kart 8 already had added new characters and courses after release. Also F Nintendogs, Wii Sports and Degenerate Crossing. Excitebike is not interesting and obsolete.

You're a teen are you?
I will rain hellfire upon you if you diss Wario World in my presence again.

Pallas

Gold Member
Do something with earthbound, port the original first two games to the NES/SNES virtual consoles, make a earthbound collection with all 3 games, then maybe make a new installment in the series.

PanzerAzel

They tried to give Metroid to a different studio, then they took it back and gave it to Retro. Retro had to restart Metroid development completely.
Moon Studios has proven themselves capable with the Ori games, two of the most brilliant 2D platformers ever created, this other studio Nintendo deemed suitable to handle the property obviously wasn’t.

If they gave it to Moon we’d be getting one of the best 2D Metroids ever made, I’ve no doubt.

Bragr

Banned

You're a teen are you?
A teen who wants a new Excitebike? Wario World was outsourced, it would work perfectly well if the right people got their hands on it. Mario Kart 8's DLC is a whole different concept than the Smash Bros. updates, and games like Nintendogs has just scratched the surface of what they could be, and even if you don't like that game, it's a huge franchise that could be a 10 million + seller on the Switch.

Ten_Fold

Miiverse should come back, it was pretty damn cool an would work well on the switch imo.
Golden Sun for the switch
Pokémon game that doesn’t look like an early 360 game.
Decent online system, I’m sorry but the eshop, an the lack of just apps like Netflix, churchyroll is wack.
better hardware, look I don’t want PS5/series X levels for the switch, but at least try to get it to Xbox one or base ps4 levels so it does seem so out dated.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Bring forward VC purchases from Wii/WiiU. Release massive VC library on Switch.

Release a Prime Video app for Switch.

Add achievements or some kind of meta score to Nintendo account.

Eternal Darkness 2.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Those are all great ideas O.P.

Nintendo has shown though, time and again, those Japanese mufucka's are anything but conventional. They'll make you beg for shit you've already bought and make you love games you never even asked for.

Last edited:
Honor Miyamoto and thank him for his servics and then show him the door.

Nintendo output would improve 100% and young devs over there will finally be allowed to breath new life into their old IPs and produce new ones.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
A new Custom-Robo...

I mean come on that thing could of been a new Pokemon if they just did it right, customisation of parts mixed with fights that felt like virtual-on just worked really well...

They just needed to double down on the world and you could of legitimately had a Gundam Build Fighters before Build Fighters was a thing.

Enzo88

Honor Miyamoto and thank him for his servics and then show him the door.

Nintendo output would improve 100% and young devs over there will finally be allowed to breath new life into their old IPs and produce new ones.
I see more and more people working at Nintendo showing up on here, sharing the ins and outs of the company and how is currently run, in details. Thanks.

borborygmus

Moon Studios has proven themselves capable with the Ori games, two of the most brilliant 2D platformers ever created, this other studio Nintendo deemed suitable to handle the property obviously wasn’t.

If they gave it to Moon we’d be getting one of the best 2D Metroids ever made, I’ve no doubt.

Ori has nothing special going for it other than the Disney-ish story. Gameplay wise it's extremely run of the mill.

I see more and more people working at Nintendo showing up on here, sharing the ins and outs of the company and how is currently run, in details. Thanks.
Nope, just basing my opinion on the various sources that say he's the one who messed up the Paper Mario/Star Fox games with his opinions on story and side characters and shoehorning in motion controls and an unfun Tower defense Mini game.

MagnesG

Banned
Nope, just basing my opinion on the various sources that say he's the one who messed up the Paper Mario/Star Fox games with his opinions on story and side characters and shoehorning in motion controls and an unfun Tower defense Mini game.
That was a long time ago. What about Splatoon and Arms? You thought he's the one who spearheaded those?

That was a long time ago. What about Splatoon and Arms? You thought he's the one who spearheaded those?
His title is creative fellow, and speaking of Splatoon he wanted it to be about Mario characters ie YET ANOTHER MARIO SPINOFF!

"Nintendo's upcoming competitive paint shooter, Splatoon, could have been another Mario game, the company's iconic game designer and senior managing director Shigeru Miyamoto has said. “There were heated debates over who the main character should be [in Splatoon],” Miyamoto told Edge magazine in an interview (via MCV). “Whether it should be Mario, or the squid. When we talked about the possibility of it being Mario, of course we could think of the advantages: anybody would be willing to touch it as soon as we announced that we had a new Mario game. But at the same time, we had some worries. If it were Mario, we wouldn’t be able to create a new IP.”"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-considered-making-splatoon-a-mario-game/1100-6422026/

And you'd be naive if he's not consulted on any new IP or any change in an old one.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
His title is creative fellow, and speaking of Splatoon he wanted it to be about Mario characters ie YET ANOTHER MARIO SPINOFF!

"Nintendo's upcoming competitive paint shooter, Splatoon, could have been another Mario game, the company's iconic game designer and senior managing director Shigeru Miyamoto has said. “There were heated debates over who the main character should be [in Splatoon],” Miyamoto told Edge magazine in an interview (via MCV). “Whether it should be Mario, or the squid. When we talked about the possibility of it being Mario, of course we could think of the advantages: anybody would be willing to touch it as soon as we announced that we had a new Mario game. But at the same time, we had some worries. If it were Mario, we wouldn’t be able to create a new IP.”"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-considered-making-splatoon-a-mario-game/1100-6422026/

And you'd be naive if he's not consulted on any new IP or any change in an old one.
You just don't understand, all of this only further solidifies that he's only there as an advisor not the one doing the decision. Still, with all the past successful games that he's done why do you think he's not qualified for the job?

And for the record I like what he did with Star Fox, well not Paper Mario though. I understand the reason and I still don't like it. Doesn't mean he's not the creator the Mario creator though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom