• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cordelia and Female Robin confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors

Oddish1

I'm guessing Female Robin is basically a costume switch and plays the same as Male Robin. Weird Cordelia is going to be the game's pegasus spear unit, thought for sure they'd give it to Caeda as a token Shadow Dragon gesture.

Korigama

I just plain don't like Female Corrin. I much prefer the Male version. But I'm in the miniscule minority and it sucks.

Robin is okay. Unless she's paired with Chrom. Then it's weird.
If anything, pairing female Robin with Chrom makes more sense than any of his other options, and makes the story that much more personal. Sumia is adequate, assuming the player went with male Robin, I can somewhat picture Maribelle I guess, they waited entirely too late for Olivia (a shame, as their supports are good), and I still have no idea what they were thinking having Sully be an option.

ryseing

Cordelia being in the game has me more interested, but I do wish they would have chosen more games to pull characters from. I need Lute :(

I love Lute, but man she's a deep pull. Not even top 5 from her game.

Cordy's one of my favorite Awakening characters so excite. Her design is so good that it's on the cover of the Awakening art book.

If anything, pairing female Robin with Chrom makes more sense than any of his other options, and makes the story that much more personal. Sumia is adequate, assuming the player went with male Robin, I can somewhat picture Maribelle I guess, they waited entirely too late for Olivia (a shame, as their supports are good), and I still have no idea what they were thinking having Sully be an option.
Wait Sully was an option for Chrom? I must have missed that. Sumia is still a good option though. But poor Cordelia.

I'm more into Male Robin and Lucina myself but that's just me. Especially when putting Smash Bros. and the win quotes of Female Robin to Lucina. She sounds so uptight.

Korigama

Wait Sully was an option for Chrom? I must have missed that. Sumia is still a good option though. But poor Cordelia.

I'm more into Male Robin and Lucina myself but that's just me. Especially when putting Smash Bros. and the win quotes of Female Robin to Lucina. She sounds so uptight.
She is, yeah, but other than personally just not buying the two of them as a potential couple, Sully is the worst possible mother for
Lucina
(not really a spoiler, but I'm not in the mood for anyone getting on my case for it) in respect to stats and skill inheritance aside from letting Chrom marry the random, nameless village girl. The interactions between female Robin and Lucina couldn't be more different from Smash 4 (where she couldn't be more out of character, particularly if accounting for a Robin who married Chrom).

She is, yeah, but other than personally just not buying the two of them as a potential couple, Sully is the worst possible mother for
Lucina
(not really a spoiler, but I'm not in the mood for anyone getting on my case for it) in respect to stats and skill inheritance aside from letting Chrom marry the random, nameless village girl.
Random, nameless village girl needs more love!

Put her in Warriors!

I honestly didn't know about Sully. That's really interesting. When I buy the game again one day I'll take a closer look at that. Still probably won't pair Chrom and Sully but just to be informed.

Still, Male Robin × Lucina for me.

PK Gaming

I just plain don't like Female Corrin. I much prefer the Male version. But I'm in the miniscule minority and it sucks.

Robin is okay. Unless she's paired with Chrom. Then it's weird.

You should get into other RPGs where the male option is the default 99.99% of the time

Lucina
(not really a spoiler, but I'm not in the mood for anyone getting on my case for it) in respect to stats and skill inheritance aside from letting Chrom marry the random, nameless village girl. The interactions between female Robin and Lucina couldn't be more different from Smash 4 (where she couldn't be more out of character, particularly if accounting for a Robin who married Chrom).

Minor nitpick, but Sully is one of her better mother's from an efficiency perspective.

Korigama

Minor nitpick, but Sully is one of her better mother's from an efficiency perspective.
Really? That's the opposite of everything I've read (from the limitations in classes passed on in general to not being able to learn and pass down Galeforce).

Draxal

Really? That's the opposite of everything I've read (from the limitations in classes passed on in general to not being able to learn and pass down Galeforce).

Galeforce isn't really efficient in a low turn count game.

Olivia is a great mom for Lucina, but doesn't work at all in ltc unless your murder everybody.

PK Gaming

Yes. it's one of those things people are have been blatantly wrong about for years.

1) Class limitations are irrelevant because Lucina starts with her best class (Paladin).

2) The process of passing down Galeforce to Lucina requires an unrealistic amount of grinding before she joins (since she joins automatically at the end of chapter 13).

3) Having Lucina manually learn Galeforce is completely unnecessary. It compromises her offense and she doesn't need it to dominate as a unit. The 30+ level requirement effectively means you need to grind of you want to make use out of it in the main game.

4) Galeforce is overrated, straight up.

5) Sully passed down good growths, base stats and Discipline to Lucina. She's the polar opposite of Olivia, who actually weakens Lucina due to her low stats.

Draxal

So is Tharja but where is she?

Remember Tharja is one of two enemy npcs that converted to heroes in Awakening (non spotpass).

She might start on the villain side again.

I'm guessing Female Robin is basically a costume switch and plays the same as Male Robin. Weird Cordelia is going to be the game's pegasus spear unit, thought for sure they'd give it to Caeda as a token Shadow Dragon gesture.

They're going to make Caeda a swordy.

Golnei

Echoes really should have a presence in this game.

It was probably too close to its development, like ALBW for Hyrule Warriors. It might have a chance to be represented by at least Alm and Celica in DLC or a rerelease, but there's already a lot of other ground to cover if the DLC ventures outside Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon.

Nobody likes male Corrin.

They don't, but if it's going to essentially be the same character as the female version, it's not exactly a taxing inclusion.

Linkark07

Banned
Well, I'm glad Fem Robin got in. But this also means Male Corrin will probably get in, meaning that the roster will consist mostly of Fates/Awakening characters.

Reki

Cordelia! Yes!

Now waiting for Libra, Gaius, Tiki, Owain, Setsuna or Oboro. Not the most popular ones (except for Tiki) but I'd love if they include any of those.

Cordelia! Yes!

Now waiting for Libra, Gaius, Tiki, Owain, Setsuna or Oboro. Not the most popular ones (except for Tiki) but I'd love if they include any of those.

Hasn't Tiki all but been confirmed at this point? If not, she's such an obvious choice from FE1.

Golnei

Cordelia! Yes!

Tiki's as good as confirmed with the amiibo. Gaius has a good chance if they're doing a classic thief as well as/instead of ninjas and/or maids/butlers, as he's the most prominent of any in the games they're covering.

WilGrieve

Cordelia is cool...FRobin, eh.

This cast is looking duller and duller as time goes on. Still gonna buy it, because Hyrule was great...hoping we can get a season pass with Elibe, Magvel and Tellius packs.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sweet, Cordelia was my avatar wife in Awakening and their marriage was one of the best thing I liked about the game.

I was sure Shiida (apparently that's the PAL name only, so Caeda for most folks) would be revealed as a playable Pegasus Knight before Cordelia, not that I really mind.

Roster is ever so slightly more interesting with this, so still not very.

Junahu

So... are we actually getting any Shadow Dragon characters at all, or is it just going to be Boy-Lucina and Young-Tiki?

Hylian7

It's good to see a lance-using Pegasus Knight in now, which should make things interesting with more than just swords and magic (albeit much less magic than swords).

I know it's kind of beating a dead horse, but I really feel like not pulling from the rest of the series is a missed opportunity. There's so many cool characters that are well known in the series that they are just kind of throwing out the window. They did say that MOST characters would only be from FE1, Awakening, and Fates, right? So I would hope that would imply there might be a few exceptions, and maybe DLC for characters from some of the other games. There's characters I was really hoping to see in this game back when it was announced.

I was sure Shiida (apparently that's the PAL name only, so Caeda for most folks) would be revealed as a playable Pegasus Knight before Cordelia, not that I really mind.

Roster is ever so slightly more interesting with this, so still not very.

Yeah I'm actually surprised Caeda isn't in (at least not announced yet). She's kind of an iconic character for the series, other than Marth of course. She was in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

ASaiyan

Banned
I thought FemCorrin was officially canon but now that FemRobin's in too I'm just confused, lol.

I'll agree on the "Hinoka > Cordelia" posts, but it's a Musou game, so as long as she's fun to play it doesn't matter too much.

Reki

Hasn't Tiki all but been confirmed at this point? If not, she's such an obvious choice from FE1.

Tiki's as good as confirmed with the amiibo. Gaius has a good chance if they're doing a classic thief as well as/instead of ninjas and/or maids/butlers, as he's the most prominent of any in the games they're covering.

Yeah, it would be weird if they don't include her, she even made it to TMS.

I am actually surprised that they added Female Robin since Male Robin really is more popular. Still nice regardless. Also Cordelia is a good pick but I wonder if we will see any of the Pegasus sisters aka the Whitewings at all.

Netto-kun

Until they shown more characters from Shadow Dragon I'll just call this game "Fire Emblem Awakening X Fates Warriors + Marth and a couple of original characters that I don't remember the names of".

One good thing with adding Cordelia/Tiamo to this game is that the person who keeps spamming about her to the official Japanese FEW Twitter account can finally stfu. Oh and she is the first revealed playable character to use a lance as weapon.

Edit: Did anyone mention that if a character falls in battle during a stage you can't use the character again? So..."permadeath" in this game?

Top Bottom