• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cordelia and Female Robin confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors

Neoxon

I suppose this means that Male Corrin is also in (likely on Hoshido's side, to contrast with Female Corrin being on Nohr). Makes sense considering that both Corrins have Amiibos.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't go back & give Female Robin an Amiibo. Oh well.

WonderzL

Banned
I actually love the roster. If they focused on games in Hyrule Warriors, we could have gotten weird characters like Groose instead of Iconic Characters A Zelda Game Must Have

I actually love the roster. If they focused on games in Hyrule Warriors, we could have gotten weird characters like Groose instead of Iconic Characters A Zelda Game Must Have
Except a majority of the series was in Hyrule Warriors. You had representation for Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and eventually Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, and Link Between Worlds.

This looks like a mish mash of the last two games not including Echoes plus Marth cause he's the poster boy for Fire Emblem.

Cordelia is cool I guess, a better choice e for Pegasus knight than most of the other options (people saying Hinoka...why? She has a cool design but the personality of a plank of wood). Thank God they didn't choose Sumia.

No use griping about the lack of pre-Shadow Dragon characters either. We all know it's bullshit, but they've made it clear the older games aren't a priority. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Except a majority of the series was in Hyrule Warriors. You had representation for Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and eventually Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, and Link Between Worlds.

This looks like a mish mash of the last two games not including Echoes plus Marth cause he's the poster boy for Fire Emblem.
That was only after DLC was added to the game. At release only 3 games were represented. Expect Ike, Roy, and Lyn as DLC.

That was only after DLC was added to the game. At release only 3 games were represented. Expect Ike, Roy, and Lyn as DLC.
Well yeah cue the "eventually" in my post.

But still three games is better than two plus one hero purely there cause he's the face of the story.

But obviously we don't have all the characters yet so we'll see.

But still three games is better than two plus one hero purely there cause he's the face of the story.

They announced a Young Tiki Amiibo. Im sure they'll be at least a few SD characters, but those are rather unexciting announments since SD isn remembered fondly.

WonderzL

Banned
Having Phi is definitely not a focus on Skyward Sword, besides enemies etc. This is clearly a more game-focused Warriors.

Nice to see Cordelia in the game, especially as she's a flying lance user so we do have a new look at a different weapon for the game.

Don't mind F!Robin in the game as I'm more or less expecting her to just be an alt skin but hopefully she does have an impact with the story. I also kinda would like to see M!Corrin in the game with an impact to the story as well.

Now we need to see some thieves & archers for the game...

Oh and I really want to know if the Robins can have support conversations with each other... It'll be great.

Draxal

I mean, you don't think this game is going to get a ton of dlc?

NSESN

Making less popular games DLC instead of the characters from Fates and Awakening is pretty stupid. People that only like old games won't buy anyway because of the base roster while fans from the new games will have no problem with it because the main cast is already in.
Cordelia and Tharja would make much more money as DLC.

Draxal

Making less popular games DLC instead of the characters from Fates and Awakening is pretty stupid. People that only like old games won't buy anyway because of the base roster while fans from the new games will have no problem with it because the main cast is already in.
Cordelia and Tharja would make much more money as DLC.

to be honest, I think the dlc will be setting based.

So you will have a tellius and elibe dlc, but not sure about the rest.

Jezan

Probably because the developers have already outright stated that this is the case. Also because this game wouldn't even exist in the first place without Awakening and Fates.
Those games wouldn't exist without Fire Emblem 7 because it placed FE on the map outside of Japan, which it was helped by Roy because he was in Smash before people knew anything about FE. And then a little impulse by Ike in Brawl. So yeah they deserve a spot as much as anyone from Fates or Awakening.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Can't say I understand why anyone would want either Robin or Corrin in the game
They're among the most popular characters. Here's the top 20 from Awakening and Fates from the character poll as an example.

1. Lucina: 42,875
2. Tharja: 29,540
3. Camilla: 25,766
4. Chrom: 23,803
5. Corrin (female): 19,599
6. Cordelia: 14,362
7. Azura: 14,198
8. Robin (male): 14,149
9. Takumi: 12,662
10. Leo: 12,175
11. Henry: 12,131
12. Nowi: 10,571
13. Donnel: 10,479
14. Robin (female): 10,387
15. Lon'qu: 10,002
16. Tiki (adult): 9,794
17. Gaius: 9,465
18. Felicia:: 9,121
19. Elise: 8,962
20. Niles: 8,703

Now if you really want to be surprised, here was the Persona 4 poll: http://gematsu.com/2015/02/fans-vote-top-persona-songs-persona-4-golden-characters

1.) Yosuke Hanamura
2.) Chie Satonaka
3.) Tohru Adachi
4.) Yu Narukami (Protagonist)
5.) Naoto Shirogane
6.) Kanji Tatsumi
7.) Nanako Dojima
8.) Rise Kujikawa
9.) Yukiko Amagi
10.) Marie

Yu is barely even a character.

They're among the most popular characters. Here's the top 20 from Awakening and Fates from the character poll as an example.

Now if you really want to be surprised, here was the Persona 4 poll: http://gematsu.com/2015/02/fans-vote-top-persona-songs-persona-4-golden-characters

1.) Yosuke Hanamura
2.) Chie Satonaka
3.) Tohru Adachi
4.)Yu Narukami (Protagonist)
5.) Naoto Shirogane
6.) Kanji Tatsumi
7.) Nanako Dojima
8.) Rise Kujikawa
9.) Yukiko Amagi
10.) Marie

The first list saddens me greatly. Yikes.

I'm okay with the second list a bit. There are some choices I'd definitely move around.

NSESN

to be honest, I think the dlc will be setting based.

So you will have a tellius and elibe dlc, but not sure about the rest.
The problem is that these games aren't successful enough to make a lot of people buy the DLC. What can sell more:
Cordelia, Tharja and Gaius or Julia, Sigurd and Seliph?

Korigama

1.) Yosuke Hanamura
2.) Chie Satonaka
3.) Tohru Adachi
4.)Yu Narukami (Protagonist)
5.) Naoto Shirogane
6.) Kanji Tatsumi
7.) Nanako Dojima
8.) Rise Kujikawa
9.) Yukiko Amagi
10.) Marie

Indeed. While there's a gap between male and female Robin (even though the latter is more popular among Smash players), it's nowhere near comparable to the difference in reception between female and male Corrin. A lot of people seem to confuse, "I don't understand why anyone would want this character here" with, "I don't want this character here".

Indeed. While there's a gap between male and female Robin (even though the latter is more popular among Smash players), it's nowhere near comparable to the difference in reception between female and male Corrin. A lot of people seem to confuse, "I don't understand why anyone would want this character here" with, "I don't want this character here".
It still sucks though. Ah at this point I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud. But oh well. My purchase depends on whether or not they add him in and if he contributes to the story.

Darn waifus...

NSESN

The gap is only small because of Smash I think. I think the lack of good male patners in Awakening is the fault.

Chrom

I was sure Shiida (apparently that's the PAL name only, so Caeda for most folks) would be revealed as a playable Pegasus Knight before Cordelia, not that I really mind.

Roster is ever so slightly more interesting with this, so still not very.

in europe they've recently abandoned the name shiida in favor of caeda as that's the name used in tms and fe heroes, her most recent appearances. it seems like they're trying to move away from shiida as it's a bit silly to give her that name while also maintaining caeda, so if she's in fe warriors i suspect they'll continue to use caeda as her name

Draxal

The problem is that these games aren't successful enough to make a lot of people buy the DLC. What can sell more:
Cordelia, Tharja and Gaius or Julia, Sigurd and Seliph?

I'm a jugdral whore, we're not getting jugdral in this game. Elibe and Tellius is what is going to happen.

If Hector isn't wildly swinging his Wolf Biel around in this game, they've messed up.

He'd probably end up being given Armads anyway (unless they choose to give him multiple weapons, i've not been following this one that closely).

She's very likely the most popular Pegasus Knight in Fire Emblem in general these days.

She was in the choose your legends poll at any rate.

Shows how mediocre the choices are for pegasus knights, huh

Draxal

She's very likely the most popular Pegasus Knight in Fire Emblem in general these days.

I don't know, Caeda still is miss fire emblem to alot of japanese fans, but amongst the west i can see that.

They definitely gave her a ton of love in Fire Emblem Heroes (except for her original art).

Giga Man

So, are we getting two Robins but one Corrin? Seems unfair, but then again, Corrin got two amiibo while Robin got one.

Ideally, they could introduce male Corrin with a Hoshidan crew and female Corrin with a Nohrian crew.

Oboro, pls.

CazTGG

...Okay, Robin I understand but I don't remember Cordelia being too popular among the Awakening crowd or fans in general, usually she was overshadowed by Lucina and Tiki (either one).

Speaking of, it's looking more and more like we aren't getting a manakete/laguz outside of Corrin's weremanakete.

Draxal

...Okay, Robin I understand but I don't remember Cordelia being too popular among the Awakening crowd or fans in general, usually she was overshadowed by Lucina and Tiki (either one).

Speaking of, it's looking more and more like we aren't getting a manakete/laguz outside of Corrin's weremanakete.

Nah, Cordelia always did well in the Awakening and overall polls. She's one of only 3 Fire Emblem Characters to get 1/7-1/8 scales (along with Tharja and Camilla).

Busaiku

She got special DLC.
A figured.
And Fates had a character based off her.
Plus her daughter is also popular.

She's a good choice if I'm being honest.
Figures don't necessarily mean a character is more popular.
Characters far more popular than her have not and will not get one.

Not to say she's not popular, but that's just not an indicator of that.

Top Bottom