• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Core PS Gamers. If and when would you commit to PC gaming?

Whats the tipping point of making PC gaming your major hub?

• Recently converted to PC

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • I will convert only if tons more PS first party games go PC

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • I will convert based off recent official porting strategy (ports trickle in slowly like 1/yr)

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Not going anywhere. Will stick to PS no matter what PC strategy Sony does

Votes: 126 62.7%
  • Other

Votes: 42 20.9%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not saying you have to fully 100% switch over (just about everyone multiplats some amount). But lets say youre a main PS gamer now, at what point would you switch to PC?

But a major list of possible PS games might come to PC at some point (probably handled by Nixxes). But that list includes all kinds of unreliable listings of other games that are cancelled or not shown up yet.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Expecting to upgrade my PC next year.

I will play Xbox and other PC exclusives that interest me, but keep ps5 as main console.

It's not like they will throw brand new blockbusters simultaneously on PC. So far the games are all at least 2 years old.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
taylor swift GIF

When the more recent graphics cards become more widely available and when I can kinda put my pc into a "console" mode. I want to leave it essentially in a UI that looks like a console since it would be in my cabinet with my other consoles.

I hate the UI designers of PC software makers. Look at that piece of shit Steam. It looks like shitty driver software for some off-brand mouse.

But anyways I have a gaming PC. If I can get it on Playstation. I rather play it there. When Cuphead wasnt on PS, I bought it on PC. Didnt end up playing till it released on PS. And bought it there.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
The only reason to prefer a console over a gaming PC would be for console exclusives (which are starting to be brought to PC more frequently), or finances, or friends with consoles playing games without cross-play. There is no other reason to want to stay with a console instead of a (good) gaming PC.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
The only reason to prefer a console over a gaming PC would be for console exclusives (which are starting to be brought to PC more frequently), or finances, or friends with consoles playing games without cross-play. There is no other reason to want to stay with a console instead of a (good) gaming PC.
Does 'not giving a shit about playing games on a PC' count?

I play only on PS5 with a PC for VR titles.

I’d probably be more likely to quit gaming altogether than move to PC full time.

Given that there seem to be fewer and fewer games that interest me every year, the end may be coming.

I love tooling around in Google Earth VR though, that will keep me occupied in the event nothing interests me game-wise.

jonnyp

Not saying you have to fully 100% switch over (just about everyone multiplats some amount). But lets say youre a main PS gamer now, at what point would you switch to PC?

But a major list of possible PS games might come to PC at some point (probably handled by Nixxes). But that list includes all kinds of unreliable listings of other games that are cancelled or not shown up yet.

When Sony stops making consoles or if they for some strange reason start to release first party games simultaneously on both PS and PC. Until then I will buy consoles to play their first party games and not waiting 3 years for them to eventually drop on PC.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
It's common sense. I suppose I could add "lack of common sense" to the list of reasons to prefer the console. But way to get triggered by my comment. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Why do you think I'm triggered? I'm thanking you for the clarity around the rules. Calm down.

Kenpachii

I could go console if they actually build premium systems that push 120+ fps at 1440p with ultra settings in games + keyboard + mouse solutions and open up there OS so i can use it as pc.

Last edited:

radewagon

PC gaming is .... cumbersome. I have a decent gaming PC. Nothing great, but it can run modern games well enough. I rarely find the need to actually use it for gaming. Console gaming is just a much simpler proposition. I buy a game and, for the most part, I know that it will run fine. Tweaking settings is annoying and I'd gladly trade some performance in order to not have to bother with it.

Imtjnotu

I have my beefy gaming PC and my ps5 and switch

I'll never fully convert on pc due to current pricing on chips.

A console is easy to game on for less money

TrueLegend

My self-esteem could never be low enough to commit to PC gaming. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I have high standards.
I dont think you even know what high standards mean, how would you if you have never experienced any such thing. Also do you have self-esteem to begin with?

On post: I am committed to wherever the best experience is I dont care about platform but usually thats PC.

Last edited:

Barakov

This would only be a issue for me if I can't find a PS5 before stuff Demon's Souls Remake and the newest Ratchet and Clank come out on PC. I think both of those are quite a bit further off.

Well, I already own a beefy gaming PC but I almost always prefer my PS5 for various reasons. Cyberpunk, I played on PC though, for example.

But for me to abandon Playstation entirely? Yeah, if every single PS exclusive came out on PC day 0, I probably wouldn't see the reason to own the console anymore. Can't ever see that happening though, they'll keep porting games later down the line after a generation or so.

Last edited:

nowhat

How about - as a programmer I spend most of my waking hours in front of a computer already, when I want to kick back I need a change in scenery? Not a valid reason? Just checking as you seem to be the highest authority in the matter.

Graciaus

How about - as a programmer I spend most of my waking hours in front of a computer already, when I want to kick back I need a change in scenery? Not a valid reason? Just checking as you seem to be the highest authority in the matter.
Computer with an HDMI or Displayport plugged into a TV with a controller = console.

Tommi84

When you sponsor me a highend PC rig which means: NEVER.

But maybe not never go to Xbox if the strategy of Sony is horribly worse. For now though, I'm pretty fine and safe :D

martino

As expected, very few will switch. This is an enthusiast forum so if the pros of PC gaming were important to someone they would already own and use one. Among the general public even fewer will switch.
Of course and only clown or people with too much emotion clouding their judgement can "fear" that.

nowhat

Computer with an HDMI or Displayport plugged into a TV with a controller = console.
Other than messing with settings and driver/Windows updates. And I'm not able to buy a game at work, have it download in rest mode (the console only sipping power while doing that) and be ready to roll when I get home. Rest mode in general (you just can't suspend a computer to the same extent and have it work as well in my experience), as I do pretty much only single-player that's vital to me.

I'm aware a PC can be superior in terms of tech. But it's not as hassle-free, there's no denying that. I might end up playing an inferior version of $GAME - I don't care. I just want to play the game with minimal/no amount of extra work.

Graciaus

Other than messing with settings and driver/Windows updates. And I'm not able to buy a game at work, have it download in rest mode (the console only sipping power while doing that) and be ready to roll when I get home. Rest mode in general (you just can't suspend a computer to the same extent and have it work as well in my experience), as I do pretty much only single-player that's vital to me.

I'm aware a PC can be superior in terms of tech. But it's not as hassle-free, there's no denying that. I might end up playing an inferior version of $GAME - I don't care. I just want to play the game with minimal/no amount of extra work.
My experience: Hit download and play. Most games auto configure and work perfectly fine. If you don't want to deal with the small portion that don't then sure don't bother. But the massive library, emulators, mods and fan patches more then make it worth it for me.

You can remote download but I've never used it. There are just as many updates on consoles as on PC and they can all be done automatically.

Fahdis

Lol, what are people talking about in here that PC is hard to use?

- Download a Storefront (steam is good enough)
- Download DS4 Windows or use Xbox Controller Plug and Play (for any other client if they don't support controllers officially yet)
- Update Drivers for your GPU every other month
- Buy and Download game
- Play it like a console on Ultra Settings

What's the issue?

Top Bottom