• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoroCoro Pokemon Info: New Zygarde Forms, New Anime (XY & Z)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
O7q4cHb.jpg

Zygarde 100%

I don't know how to feel about Satoshi Greninja...

Pokemon Adventures is amazing yes.

But honestly, my joke is that Ash got to the point where they can't just use bullshit legendaries to beat him, they have to use the only POkemon to ever get banned from all tiers of play on Smogon

Yeah, pretty much. The writers will actively do whatever it takes to prevent the poor kid from becoming a champion, because status quo, lol.

Joqu

Uh, I really don't like those Zygarde forms. Oh well.

Z should really be New 3DS exclusive ala Crystal on GBC to give some new life to that engine that most agree needs a tune-up, also Iwata said they intended to make more New 3DS exclusives and we've seen none sine Xenoblade 3D, there's no better choice.

It shouldn't be exclusive but I'd definitely like to see some New 3DS enhancements on the next Pokémon game. I don't really mind how the games look but the performance and the lack of full 3D still annoy me.

I'm not expecting any though. I just hope Game Freak improves on things on Nintendo's next handheld.

Whoa mega Sceptile, for sure I had in my mind it would be Mega Charizard Y that Satoshi would have instead. I presume this is gonna go down in the league where he faces off against Shota. Explains the lack of grass pokemon in his team, but seriously he's now gonna have 2 dragon pokemon and released a fully evolved one before. Wish I could what you mean by this Greninja form??? Guy is getting OP.

Still gonna lose to Tierno though haha, the hate will be strong.

Edit: Just seen the scan, looks better than I imagined it would be.

yami4ct

It might be something like that, but this one is just too different.
Maybe just a costume like pikachu for the 6th gen starters? (I really want to see some 6th gen megas)

It looks like more than a costume, as the head changes look physically part of Greninja. It's weird. I still doubt that they designed a whole form or the mega around Ash. New model event pokemon for the game or anime-exclusive seems most likely to me.

I also doubt we'll get any 6 gen megas until gen 7, but we'll see. Anything could happen.

Hydrus

It's supposed to look a bit like ash and his clothing. The question is why.

GameFreak takes quite a bit of time to make new games and to adopt new hardware. To think that they're not only going to do Z, but RGB remakes in the same year and do those RGB remakes on new handhelds seems really farfetched to me. Possible? Yes, but not likely.

Well wasn't that the case with Black & White 2? XY was being made by a different team for 3ds while the other made BW2 for DS. I don't think its too farfetched!

It looks like more than a costume, as the head changes look physically part of Greninja. It's weird. I still doubt that they designed a whole form or the mega around Ash. New model event pokemon for the game or anime-exclusive seems most likely to me.

I also doubt we'll get any 6 gen megas until gen 7, but we'll see. Anything could happen.
Diancie crying right now

Crayolan

It's only just now hitting me, looking at Zygolem, that the boxart legendaries of both gen 3 and 6 have the same color schemes: red, blue, and green. How perfect that the gen 3 remakes were made in gen 6.

Also it may be nothing but it looks like Satoshi Greninja's additions take Zinnia's color scheme? Though it's more likely that that has nothing to do with the games and is just an anime thing. The changes look too minor to be a mega.

Whoa mega Sceptile, for sure I had in my mind it would be Mega Charizard Y that Satoshi would have instead. I presume this is gonna go down in the league where he faces off against Shota. Explains the lack of grass pokemon in his team, but seriously he's now gonna have 2 dragon pokemon and released a fully evolved one before. Wish I could what you mean by this Greninja form??? Guy is getting OP.

Still gonna lose to Tierno though haha, the hate will be strong.

the anime is probably making sure everyone knows that everyone is a better dragon master than iris was

Joqu

Yeah, if that Greninja ends up being in the games it's going to be like Spiky-eared Pichu and end up being a one-off IMO.

I'm not expecting them to keep the cosplay Pikachu around in future games either, are you guys?

yami4ct

Well wasn't that the case with Black & White 2? XY was being made by a different team for 3ds while the other made BW2 for DS. I don't think its too farfetched!

They were different teams, but XY were a year after BW2. To think that they're not only going to release 2 sets of games in a single year, but adopt new hardware is farfetched to me. They aren't going to cut Z off that quickly and they don't pick up new hardware that quickly. In fact, I would not be surprised if Gen 7 is still 3DS.

Diancie crying right now

Shit. I totally did forget Diancie. Honestly, she's not a very memorable legendary and she's not a very memorable mega. I'll rephrase, I don't think we'll see any regular gen 6 pokemon get megas until gen 7. It might happen, but I just don't bet on it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dog Zygarde is pretty cool.

Since Zygarde apparently derives from Norse mythology stuff, guess Doggy Zygarde is probably tied to that too?

brinstar

that seems like Mega Greninja to me, but that they can't say anything until the game is announced, just like Mega Mewtwo Y was "Awakened Mewtwo" before XY were announced.

Does the article literally say it's called "Satoshi Greninja" or does it just say it resembles his clothing?

Zygarde is Loki and his children.

Blobby is a baby snake
Wolf Forme is Fenrir
Snake Forme is Jormungandr
Giant Forme is Loki himself

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gotta say I'm not digging Zygarde's new formes. They look nothing at all like the base design, and I always thought the character was a reference to Jormungandr in Norse Mythology anyway.
God, Greninja is the Blaziken of this gen.
Greninja is a good design though.

Or rather, it was. This Satoshi Greninja is hideous.

Blobby is a baby snake
Wolf Forme is Fenrir
oh this makes more sense

Nanashrew

Banned
Not the first time Ash ever became a Pokemon. there was one time with a young witch girl and turned him into a Pikachu.

Ash is special. He's been in prophecies.

ash_ag

It almost certainly will. There is no doubt about that whatsoever.

It will certainly be featured, but I'm having a hard time imagining it as the mascot Pokémon at the moment. Even leaving design out of the equation (since I suppose the 100% form could be used for a single version -- and there may even be other forms for a paired release), I find it suspicious that the anime would cover it to such extent before the games even release.

that seems like Mega Greninja to me, but that they can't say anything until the game is announced, just like Mega Mewtwo Y was "Awakened Mewtwo" before XY were announced.

Does the article literally say it's called "Satoshi Greninja" or does it just say it resembles his clothing?

So Ash has to megas? Cause the poster clearly shows Mega Sceptile

man i still hate the fact thats how he lost in DP anime, ash was actually alright in the DP series and then the writers feel like they had to throw some hacker whos team was full of legendarily pokes

at least it wasn't as bad as BW
Yeah they just made Ash stupid in Best Wishes when he was pretty competent in Diamond and Pearl.

I like him in XY. A lot of episodes show him actually training his Pokemon during downtime, ignoring whatever shenanigans the other characters are getting into.

Hmm... the info that we have now sure seems to suggest that Pokémon Z is the next game, but I still feel like they just can't go back to making a simple "third version" after what they did with Black 2 / White 2.

But if it's XZ / YZ like some are speculating, then what would the mascots of them be? This ain't no Black Kyurem / White Kyurem situation -- we've got three new Zygardes!

Just hoping for something surprising.

yami4ct

Perfect Zygarde reminds me of MegaZord. Soon Pokémon will have a cockpit so you can control them directly.

Pilotable pokemon? It's been done.

Besides Human/Pokemon fusions, I honestly can't think of much the anime hasn't done, haha.

Hmm... the info that we have now sure seems to suggest that Pokémon Z is the next game, but I still feel like they just can't go back to making a simple "third version" after what they did with Black 2 / White 2.

But if it's XZ / YZ like some are speculating, then what would the mascots of them be? This ain't no Black Kyurem / White Kyurem situation -- we've got three new Zygardes!

I still think we might see XY and Z as our version names. Maybe XY will feature a Xerneas/Yveltal fusion? Who's to say the forms we've seen today are all the surprises we've got coming.

Zalman

I'm stoked. Do they usually reveal the main form for the third game through the anime? Or am I remembering this wrong? I'm guessing the Pokémon Go announcement pushed this one a little bit, but I would've expected to see the game announcement before the anime one.

Keyouta

I really do not like the art and just the general design of perfect Zygarde. I don't know, it feels too simple and blocky? It looks really off.

ChrisD

I really do not like the art and just the general design of perfect Zygarde. I don't know, it feels too simple and blocky? It looks really off.

I'm not feeling Gigagarde either, but that second form is great. Gotta' take the bad with the good.

JoeM86

I'm stoked. Do they usually reveal the main form for the third game through the anime? Or am I remembering this wrong? I'm guessing the Pokémon Go announcement pushed this one a little bit, but I would've expected to see the game announcement before the anime one.

Nope. Last time this happened was in 2008 with Giratina Origin Forme being revealed for the movie before Platinum was revealed.

brinstar

So Ash has to megas? Cause the poster clearly shows Mega Sceptile

Well you can have two Megas, you just can't use them at the same time. :p

My guess is new region. The NPC with the strange souvenir in X/Y seemed to hint towards this.

Kenai

Blobby is a baby snake
Wolf Forme is Fenrir

I was wondering about the theme for the forms since there were so many seemingly random ones but this makes a lot of sense. I also want to pet Wolf form very much.

Also glad to see Sceptile get some love since he's probably my favorite starter evo Mega. Mega.Charizard is cool and all but they already have a spinoff with its Mega as well as it being in Origins.

In a game with Cosplay Pikachu and other types of dressup contests I am gonna hold off reading too much into Satoshi Greninja but that is pretty random.

ash_ag

Best Wishes Season 2 started along with the release of B2W2, so the new season debuting so much in advance is a first. Granted, they've only started using "seasons" only with Best Wishes, so it's not like this breaks any formula of sorts.

Joqu

Do they still have that weird television show that gets all the announcements? I really want some game news, I hope we don't have to wait too long because of Pokémon Go.

Perfect Zygarde is Perfect

Ya'll are just tripping, hard

No, you're perfect. :mad:

Wait.

Zalman

Assuming they're going with Z now and not sequels like in last generation, it'll be interesting to see how much has changed. BW2 was great because it was essentially a brand new game unlike previous "third versions".

Flowmoney

I hope they make gen 7 and include Z as end game content to explore the past region again. Pokemon X and Y felt like they lacked end game content , having Z with minor changes to story doesn't sound too exciting.

JoeM86

I thought you threw your theory out the window? :p

It's back! It originally was reveal in August/September reveal for early 2016 game, and it's now September and this happens so...

It seems weird to add new forms to Zygarde. Can he change at will?

As long as it stays only in the anime/movie, I'm kind of ok with this.

These will be in the games. Nothing like this is exclusive to anime/movie

Top Bottom