CoroCoro to have a major Pokémon movie announcement that will affect the world

Just got leaked.

In the preview for next month's issue of CoroCoro, it stated that it will include a world exclusive scoop poster for Volcanion and the new movie. However, it also stated this in the little section

全世界を巻き込む重大な発表

"a major annoncement that affect the entire world"

It's worth noting that February is typically the month that the main star of the movie is revealed and the full movie title with it.

Jun 11, 2009
How melodramatic is their marketing-speak normally? Is this most likely to connect to a new game announcement? Volcanion distribution info? A piece of information irrelevant to the games that'll trigger a thread full of driveby posters laughing at nintendo?

Aug 7, 2013
I think it's almost certain to be Pokémon GO.

Pokémon GO is marketed to be a game that you can play anywhere in the world. TPC also has a Super Bowl commercial, which just so happens to be next month. It's obvious that they'll market Pokémon GO there.

L95

Sep 3, 2014
How melodramatic is their marketing-speak normally? Is this most likely to connect to a new game announcement? Volcanion distribution info? A piece of information irrelevant to the games that'll trigger a thread full of driveby posters laughing at nintendo?
I love Corcoro's.... zealousness... in their diction.

Apr 5, 2006
I think it's almost certain to be Pokémon GO.

Pokémon GO is marketed to be a game that you can play anywhere in the world. TPC also has a Super Bowl commercial, which just so happens to be next month. It's obvious that they'll market Pokémon GO there.
A Super Bowl commercial is irrelevant with the theatrical release of the movie.

May 3, 2013
If it's strictly movie related I could see it being a new form or mega evolution for Volcanion.

If it's not directly related to the movie I could see it being an announcement for the last Kalos game.

Sep 19, 2015
It seems like every CoroCoco is filled with this dramatic "GUIZ WE HAZ SKOOP" rhetoric, which so far has been disappointing (though mainly because of extremely sky-high expectations).

Watch this scoop be something as insignificant as Ash marrying Serena.