• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoroCoro to have a major Pokémon movie announcement that will affect the world

JoeM86

Just got leaked.

In the preview for next month's issue of CoroCoro, it stated that it will include a world exclusive scoop poster for Volcanion and the new movie. However, it also stated this in the little section

全世界を巻き込む重大な発表

"a major annoncement that affect the entire world"

It's worth noting that February is typically the month that the main star of the movie is revealed and the full movie title with it.

Pappasman

"Pokemon are real."

CYjQjdFWAAASRVl.jpg

How melodramatic is their marketing-speak normally? Is this most likely to connect to a new game announcement? Volcanion distribution info? A piece of information irrelevant to the games that'll trigger a thread full of driveby posters laughing at nintendo?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
It obviously won't be NX related, so if it's a game announcement then it'll probably be Pokemon Z for the 3DS

wmlk

I think it's almost certain to be Pokémon GO.

Pokémon GO is marketed to be a game that you can play anywhere in the world. TPC also has a Super Bowl commercial, which just so happens to be next month. It's obvious that they'll market Pokémon GO there.

L95

How melodramatic is their marketing-speak normally? Is this most likely to connect to a new game announcement? Volcanion distribution info? A piece of information irrelevant to the games that'll trigger a thread full of driveby posters laughing at nintendo?

I love Corcoro's.... zealousness... in their diction.

Busaiku

I think it's almost certain to be Pokémon GO.

Pokémon GO is marketed to be a game that you can play anywhere in the world. TPC also has a Super Bowl commercial, which just so happens to be next month. It's obvious that they'll market Pokémon GO there.
A Super Bowl commercial is irrelevant with the theatrical release of the movie.

If it's strictly movie related I could see it being a new form or mega evolution for Volcanion.

If it's not directly related to the movie I could see it being an announcement for the last Kalos game.

Hopefully they've sold live action film rights. The time is now, game adaptations about to blow up... Pokémon could be massive if done properly.

chrono01

Our entire lives have been us living inside Pokeballs. When we die, it's actually our Master releasing us into the real world.

It seems like every CoroCoco is filled with this dramatic "GUIZ WE HAZ SKOOP" rhetoric, which so far has been disappointing (though mainly because of extremely sky-high expectations).

Watch this scoop be something as insignificant as Ash marrying Serena.

Top Bottom