• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't accept the fact this is happening because some chink ate some bad bat meat.
This isolation is killing me man.
Cool it with the racist rhetoric.

I have a few Chinese American friends in Twitter and they are badaas. They're even defending calling it the Chinese Virus and calling out the government.

The Chinese protesters are also awesome. Wish we could swap them with our asshat Antifa douchebags.

Blame the Chinese government, not the people.

Grinchy

Banned
I'd rather eat grass then bat.
_111366566_gettyimages-544305655.jpg

Ew, you'd eat grass first and then eat bat?? :lollipop_wink_tongue:

GamingKaiju

I mean it's all about percentages.. Italy has something like 0.13% of their population with the 'rona, USA is still only like 0.025% or something tiny. We'll get there, give us time! We're growers not show-ers!

I hope you guys don’t get massive numbers but I think the momentum of Corona has already it’s not going to be pretty.

So the 500000 people who volunteered to help the NHS, the thousands of doctors and nurses who came out of retirement and the rapidly organised community groups delivering supplies to the vulnerable don’t count as ducking awesome? I’d say this crisis has shown that we’re actually not so bad.

The British spirit 💪 The nation asks and the public answers. 🇬🇧

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

So the 500000 people who volunteered to help the NHS, the thousands of doctors and nurses who came out of retirement and the rapidly organised community groups delivering supplies to the vulnerable don’t count as ducking awesome? I’d say this crisis has shown that we’re actually not so bad.

Everyone on my street here in Bristol was applauding and cheering the NHS at 8 PM. I think this was across the whole country. Pretty moving.

Last edited:

holygeesus

Banned

nbcjr

I agree with China but I don't think Iran is lying, their numbers are matching up with other countries. I don't think Iran has anything to gain from lying either unlike China.
When do we start demanding reparations from China now?

USA and soon to be Italy have surpassed them in infected.

O1ehnVs.png

It would look really awkward if we go back to buying Chinese products when our own countries are unemployed.
They are already buying masks and everything else from China.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Any good easy for beginners to understand online resources you'd recommend for newbies to learn more about basic car knowledge and maintenance and troubleshooting?

I wouldn't know much about that to be honest, I don't need anything like that myself. But are you in the UK? Because Haynes manuals were always very good here and they have a website. And Tradetec have a website where you can put in your registration number and it'll give you the exact types and quantities of engine oil, gear oil and engine/radiator coolant your car needs. Could be worth a look. There are also loads of forums out there for almost every make of car you could imagine, where people talk problems out together. And of course, your car will come with a manual which will tell you all the basics about checking your fluid levels (oil, coolant, etc...), tyre pressures, wheel nut torque settings and all that stuff.

The problem I was referring to is that most people pay no attention to even these most basic things. These things get ignored from one year to the next, only checked either during service work or during the MoT.

Nymphae

Banned
Well no, I thought it was a funny name for the chinese.

I think it's quite a bit less severe than the N bomb.

Similar to the controversial reappropriation of the word "nigger," the word "chink" has sometimes been used in a positive manner.[19] For example, Leehom Wang, a Taiwanese American musician, named his Asian hip-hop fusion genre chinked-out to neutralize the term. Eventually, Wang hopes the term will become "cool".

Take it back my Asian brothers.

TindalosPup

Figured I'd leave this on this thread because this recording was just released by Weird Al a short while ago on YouTube because of the outbreak

Sorry if this was already posted (I ain't scanning 322 pages to see if someone else did)

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone on my street here in Bristol was applauding and cheering the NHS at 8 PM. I think this was across the whole country. Pretty moving.

While that was a nice sentiment, and NHS workers are the heroes that we need right now, I couldn't help but notice the amount of people out in the streets rubbing shoulders during the applause. Not keeping any kind of distance away from each other... Which maybe wasn't very smart.

But it was a nice idea to show NHS workers that we respect them and are grateful.

Setzer

Yeah passing away in your 20s from asthma is perfectly normal. Seriously what have you to gain from every retarded post you have made in this thread?
It isn't normal but it's an underlying condition and the media fails to mention these little details when reporting it. Just like the perfectly healthy 39yr old woman who the media reported as dropping dead from supposedly having the virus. I'm tired of the media reporting on these cases without having all the facts just so they can spread fear.

And the feeling are mutual about every post you've made in this thread.

Last edited:

Joe T.

betrayal betrayal I just want to thank you for the much needed positivity in this thread. It would be much more depressing reading this if you hadn't brought some positivity in here. I hope, in the end you will be right about the things you say.

I think it's important for everyone to remember that the media tends to focus on the negative aspects of stories, sensationalizing anything they can and often omitting relevant details - sometimes very important ones - that would undercut their narratives. That's as true in political stories as it is with every other topic, such as this virus. Always try to dig deeper and don't do what apparently 50%+ of the population does by reading only the headlines or first paragraph (source: Washington Post/Media Insight Project).

This virus is a serious issue that warrants our attention and will require temporary changes to the way we live, but it's not the doom and gloom the media makes it seem.

Alebrije

When do we start demanding reparations from China now?

USA and soon to be Italy have surpassed them in infected.

O1ehnVs.png

It would look really awkward if we go back to buying Chinese products when our own countries are unemployed.

Interesting how the recovering rate in the US is so low compared to Italy or China...think decades of fast food and conservatives reduced defences on US people

Interesting how the recovering rate in the US is so low compared to Italy or China...think decades of fast food and conservatives reduced defences on US people

I am sure that will play some factor, but the biggest is time. It takes around 30 days to recover here, and most people in the US will have likely only gotten it a couple of weeks ago.

Did I read it right? 27,709 cases in the US alone in the last 24h?? :messenger_face_screaming:

I am showing around 14.5K. Where did you see 27K?

Last edited:

lukilladog

So.. just imagine you want to take over the world. Nukes won't cut it. They lack deniability and people have defences against them, and of course they'll nuke you back. So how about biological warfare. You've got a virus. Now the thing is you want it to only take out your enemies rather than yourself. How would you go about engineering that? It's tricky. You'd need to have it target particular races. Now China is ethnically pretty homogenous, moreso than any of the other major players, so it can just go with "everything but Han Chinese please" - maybe a milder impact on their own and a harsher impact on the rest. Alternatively, they may wish to keep Africa running as they have been working on turning Africa into cheap labour for their middle classes to exploit so maybe just white people.

Thing is, even if it doesn't kill us off, just keep releasing in steady streams and it'll debilitate us so much through effort in fighting it, it'll put so much friction in the economy as to kill it. It's similar to the cyberwarfare carried out by Russia and China. Sure they'd like some secrets if they can get them but the constant swarming of any server that goes online isn't just about what they can get, it's about making the effort of securing stuff so onerous as to make Western businesses uncompetitive due to the extra friction. So we in the West will have to put enormous effort into keeping people healthy, and eventually our economies get crunched into oblivion.

In short, nuke China.

No way man. There is more genetic diversity between individuals than between groups, including China. So if a considerable portion of the Chinese have natural antibodies that can deal with this, a considerable portion of USA population has it too. It would be just a wash of human lifes and resources, I hope the ccp is not this stupid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom