• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So yeah the first person I know IRL has got it. My friend’s sister, who was a nurse working in New Orleans, tested positive last week. Checked in and she’s doing ok but I’m still worried. He is freaking out, for good reason.

Apparently it was not easily delineated into only old people, she saw all kinds of people suffering from it. IMO there is a lot of bad info out there making people think they have a get out of jail pass when they really dont

My own sister in law is an EMT, she has been on vacation for a week, now they are debating whether or not to go back to work. They have an 8 month old at home so they are making some hard choices.

Stay strong everyone! We’ll make it through this

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
'why florida, mister president?'

tenor.gif

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
You guys completely ignoring the part where the idiot doesn't understand why so many masks are needed?
Not only he doesn't understand it, but then he goes as far to say that they're not being misused, but something more nefarious.

Otherwise, he did well today in the press conference. Walked back Easter, pushed everything to April 30, didn't have a bunch of people huddled up behind him, said some good things.
As usual, he needs to move quicker, take national steps, but on the right track.

Tesseract

Banned
You guys completely ignoring the part where the idiot doesn't understand why so many masks are needed?
Not only he doesn't understand it, but then he goes as far to say that they're not being misused, but something more nefarious.

Otherwise, he did well today in the press conference. Walked back Easter, pushed everything to April 30, didn't have a bunch of people huddled up behind him, said some good things.
As usual, he needs to move quicker, take national steps, but on the right track.

he understands

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Pasedo

Love how the media is trying to drive home the title of the article that THIS PERSON IS 33 WATCH OUT YOUNGER FOLKS. This is a terrible loss as all lives lost with corona virus are but they don't really also go into detail explaining she also had cerebral palsy and some other underlying health issues putting her at high risk. Let's mourn the person not the age.
Yeh man. The media is on overdrive at the moment controlling the narrative to the masses - as it does. I too have seen a surge of news about younger people dying. I suspect it is a scare drive to the younger crowd to keep them in doors as they are the main culprits not conforming to social distancing because they think they're immune.

oatmeal

Banned

1. He understands masks. He also doesn’t understand why they are going missing in New York. Can you explain?

2. He didn’t walk anything back. He had a goal, and now it’s being extended.

Your problem is you have this narrative running in your head that defaults to negative. True TDS.

Tesseract

Banned
Trump’s largest failing is he sometimes bloviates when he doesn’t need to.

“Why Florida”

“Because their needs are different”

Boom. Clean.

he said we were aggressive, it's a way to lean into the same conclusion

he right tho, we were

Last edited:

gamerMan

Here is the plasma transfusion study that Trump was talking about. They are taking the blood from those who recovered from Covid-19 and putting it into patients that have Covid-19. Not enough data right now, but hopefully it works so we can save lives.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
1. He understands masks. He also doesn’t understand why they are going missing in New York. Can you explain?

2. He didn’t walk anything back. He had a goal, and now it’s being extended.

Your problem is you have this narrative running in your head that defaults to negative. True TDS.

1. He literally said that he doesn't understand how they go from 20,000 to 300,000. No masks are going missing. They're being used because there is a massiviely contagious virus spreading through the community at unheard of rates. Dr's and nurses are getting sick and dying, and reusing masks because they don't have them. it's as moronic as moronic could be to make the claims he's making. It's somehow even stupider to defend them.

2. He's walking back the goal. He originally made it sound like more than a goal anyway, but it was a pipe dream. 0% chance of happening. But people defended it as a possibility at first. Now we have people who's hopes have been shattered on at least 3 occasions, (We only have 1 case, we only have 15 soon it'll be zero, etc) how many more times are people going to believe the hope. We learn about the consequences of crying wolf and false hope when we're 3.

he said we were aggressive, it's a way to lean into the same conclusion

he right tho, we were

Like I said a few days ago. Desantis munches on the hole real good, while stupid New York implemented the no rimming policy. A very aggressive butt muncher down in Florida.

Last edited:

Sugarmonkey

Why are so many people in here carrying water for the president? I mean, sure, he has a thin skin, but what's the benefit to you as an individual? I'm not sure what the bridge is between someone dumping on the POTUS and feeling personally slighted as well. Idk, seems weird to be that defensive over someone you don't know.

cryptoadam

Banned
Here is the plasma transfusion study that Trump was talking about. They are taking the blood from those who recovered from Covid-19 and putting it into patients that have Covid-19. Not enough data right now, but hopefully it works so we can save lives.

Is it this one from JAMA?

Batiman

Banned
1. He literally said that he doesn't understand how they go from 20,000 to 300,000. No masks are going missing. They're being used because there is a massiviely contagious virus spreading through the community at unheard of rates. Dr's and nurses are getting sick and dying, and reusing masks because they don't have them. it's as moronic as moronic could be to make the claims he's making. It's somehow even stupider to defend them.

2. He's walking back the goal. He originally made it sound like more than a goal anyway, but it was a pipe dream. 0% chance of happening. But people defended it as a possibility at first. Now we have people who's hopes have been shattered on at least 3 occasions, (We only have 1 case, we only have 15 soon it'll be zero, etc) how many more times are people going to believe the hope. We learn about the consequences of crying wolf and false hope when we're 3.

Like I said a few days ago. Desantis munches on the hole real good, while stupid New York implemented the no rimming policy. A very aggressive butt muncher down in Florida.
Don’t worry. A miracle will come along any day now.

oatmeal

Banned

Trump knows more than you do about what is happening with the masks. It’s not just him curious why masks are coming at high numbers and not fulfilling the needs. Considering the ventilators in warehouses, it’s not a surprise.

I know your answer will be “THEY DONT NEED THEM YET” except they have been saying they do for weeks. It’s a constant source of tension from the media, and Cuomo. Why? Because they want to paint a bad picture of the administration even if they’re lying to do it.

Let’s just say we are fucked and everyone is going to die. Sounds good.

You’re a moron.

Tesseract

Banned

lols, pathetic garbo

Don’t worry. A miracle will come along any day now.

miracles are for losers

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The masks thing is crazy. My mom is organising people to sew homemade masks. Doctors and nurses are wearing them over the surgical masks they use, because they are being told to wear the same mask for a week, so an extra layer of protection certainly helps.

Hospitals are having to ration them out. This lady we know worked the front desk at the ER and was told she didn’t need a mask. Now she is sick, not with corona but something else she caught from working at a hospital.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Remember this?

I hope no hospital is doing something funny with PPE, but its human nature. They think they will need a lot of them so they keep some in stock pile while asking for more.

But I don't dispute the stories abot people being short on PPE, everywhere is. But I also find it funny that counties can send PPE to China and now weeks later China can send that shit back.

Everyone wants as much PPE as they can keep because no one wants people dying under their watch.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Why are so many people in here carrying water for the president? I mean, sure, he has a thin skin, but what's the benefit to you as an individual? I'm not sure what the bridge is between someone dumping on the POTUS and feeling personally slighted as well. Idk, seems weird to be that defensive over someone you don't know.

The opposite can also be true. Why go out of your way to throw criticism at someone you don't know?

Your account was made in 2014, and you just reappeared primarily in this thread, almost a third of the posts your account has ever made are in this thread. You haven't even cleared 200 posts in 6 years, but you are coming to a board to argue with people you obviously disagree with, who you don't know, or you are just an alt sock puppet.

Tesseract

Banned

call it whatever you want

i believe in him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They are pissed, all the articles they wrote in advance saying how opening up on Easter was a disaster and all the deaths they were going to lay on Trumps feet just went out the window.

They complained it was too soon and Trump listened to them and now they will complain he listened to them and changed his timeline. They are truely the enemy of the people.

Which is ironic because the scare stream media were the ones publishing articles saying the Flu was worse, so when Trump repeats it though then he is wrong. When they call it the Wuhan/China virus, and Trump repeats it then he is racist.

But like I said in the other thread Trump gave the media some softballs when he made that announcment because there was little chance he would stick to it. So now they have the red meat they need to write article after article about how Trump is a liar and failure for not opening up again. Its win win for them. Either Trump opens up and more die, or Trump doesn't open up and he is a liar and failure.

The crazy thing is that he didn't even lay it out as a firm timeline. Just a desire. A hope. Framed in the context of him wanting things back to normal by then, but caging it with a "we'll have to see."

Tesseract

Banned
'america's spirit is rising to the occasion'

:messenger_horns:

'a modest sense of frustration and disappointment with light at the end of the tunnel'

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Call out specific posts. I really haven't seen anything that looks like people carrying water for Trump, or at least not without reason. We're all watching the same events and just posting our takes on things. I personally don't think most people in here have some ulterior motive or hidden agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Pretty good press conference. Some really dumb questions from the media. I think the OAN person asked the same question twice?

I don’t really agree with his assessment on masks. We should be cranking out whatever supplies our medical professionals need and in whatever numbers they want. Hopefully production is able to spike up soon.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Man I wish the politics people would take their shit to the politics board....

I come to this thread for updates and numbers, not people having a pissing contest over Trump or against him. Fuck politics, fuck the economy, human lives are what matter here right now. Jesus this thread sucks now

Sugarmonkey

The opposite can also be true. Why go out of your way to throw criticism at someone you don't know?

Your account was made in 2014, and you just reappeared primarily in this thread, almost a third of the posts your account has ever made are in this thread. You haven't even cleared 200 posts in 6 years, but you are coming to a board to argue with people you obviously disagree with, who you don't know, or you are just an alt sock puppet.

Hmm. If you are already suspicious that I'm an "alt sock puppet", there isn't much I can do to persuade you otherwise. And you are right. That post was 75% criticism and 25% genuine curiosity. To be honest, I'm not much of a forum poster. I usually browse for information, but don't post. I also went over to read Resetera, and recently came back because I don't agree with much over there either.

I'm here now because I'm trying to stay informed without digesting the media. And for the most part, it was valuable to me. Recently there has been a lot of stuff I don't like, so I say so. I'm not abovehaving my opinion changed, but to be honest many in this thread are so short fused and salty, it's not really possible to have a conversation that doesn't turn into people stroking out over their political side losing.

Trump leaves a lot to be desired, and I don't care for him. I'm also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and put aside my misgivings and root for him if he makes it happen. I'm not sure many in here would say the same for the "other side". Would you?

If you think I don't also deserve to be here, then please recommend some news sites that aren't propaganda, like CNN and Fox News. Serious request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom