• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

segasonic

And yet it's been 15 days since the daily new case numbers started rising again and 37 days since the George Floyd mass gatherings began, and daily deaths continue to trend downwards.

hfd823p.png

XGnJFyx.png

Two more weeks?
You think reality doesn‘t apply to you? Of course deaths will spike as well.

sinnergy

All those young people won’t get in contact with people aged 40 and up ! I wish you luck USA. I hope for a miracle you won’t hit 300k deaths after this is said and done.

its better to curb early, so that you can manage the virus, we Europeans will be enjoying , the cinemas , sports and drinks at the bars!

they just have to keep flights from and to the USA banned.

Last edited:

Sejan

If the new cases lean toward younger patients, as some evidence suggests, it’s possible that we won’t see a big spike in deaths (if older people can largely stay away from younger patients).

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Coronavirus Outbreak Continues To Accelerate In Arizona, Positivity Rate Nears 25%

Please take this seriously. It's a virus. It may kill you. Please wear a mask and wash your hands.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I'm just sharing the data and my observations. I'ts been quite a long time since many states started opening up again (the White House first posted their guidelines for reopening on April 16th) and almost 40 days since George Floyd's death triggered mass protests and gatherings, and yet the Coronavirus daily new death numbers continue to trend downwards even as more testing reveals lots more cases.

Those are the facts. If deaths start spiking again I'll be more concerned, of course, but we're not seeing any indication that they will at the moment.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It seems to do more than make some sick... It's having an effect on organs in some patients, especially the younger ones.

And I heard on a podcast (can't remember which one) that they're trying blood cleaning (like dialysis) to help... Since it seems ventilators are doing more harm than good.

segasonic

I'm just sharing the data and my observations. I'ts been quite a long time since many states started opening up again (the White House first posted their guidelines for reopening on April 16th) and almost 40 days since George Floyd's death triggered mass protests and gatherings, and yet the Coronavirus daily new death numbers continue to trend downwards even as more testing reveals lots more cases.

Those are the facts. If deaths start spiking again I'll be more concerned, of course, but we're not seeing any indication that they will at the moment.
Average time until death is 18 days.

US cases started increasing around 18 days ago. So there is a high risk that deaths will increase this week:

SLeCkUj.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

US cases started increasing around 18 days ago. So there is a high risk that deaths will increase this week:

SLeCkUj.jpg

That's from the China study, right?

I'm pretty sure that number is starting from the date of hospitalization.

Both hospitals took patients with the most severe symptoms of Covid-19 from across Wuhan until Feb 1. During that time, 137 patients were discharged and 54 died. The study found that the median time to discharge was 22 days, while the average time to death was 18.5 days.

Chaplain

As more and more evidence continues to roll out, my hunch that the CCP virus was released for some ulterior motives continues to solidify:

"[Norwegian virologist Birger] Sørensen is therefore quite confident that the virus has originated in a laboratory. “I think it’s more than 90 percent certain. It’s at least a far more probable explanation than it having developed this way in nature”, Sørensen responds... “The only place we are aware of where an equivalent virus to that which causes Covid-19 exists, is in a laboratory. So the simplest and most logical explanation is that it comes from a laboratory. Those who claim otherwise, have the burden of proof,” Sørensen says." (7/1/20)

Last edited:
Hydroxychloroquine is actually turning out to be a miracle drug. Thank god "scientists" politicized it and ran with a story about a woman killing her dementiated husband with fish tank cleaner to smear it. What would we have done if 50% of the people who died had actually survived?

A team at Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan said Thursday its study of 2,541 hospitalized patients found that those given hydroxychloroquine were much less likely to die.

Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System, said 26% of those not given hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 13% of those who got the drug. The team looked back at everyone treated in the hospital system since the first patient in March.

"Overall crude mortality rates were 18.1% in the entire cohort, 13.5% in the hydroxychloroquine alone group, 20.1% among those receiving hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 22.4% among the azithromycin alone group, and 26.4% for neither drug," the team wrote in a report published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.

It's a hell of a lot more impressive than Remdesivir at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Wearing a mask is not enough people, try to avoid large gatherings and when you go out in public to work/ get groceries please keep mindful of how close you are to people. Also, don't touch all kind of shit. South Korea did just fine with the virus when people started taking it seriously. It's like your parents always taught you when growing up "better safe than sorry".

Wearing a mask is not enough people, try to avoid large gatherings and when you go out in public to work/ get groceries please keep mindful of how close you are to people. Also, don't touch all kind of shit. South Korea did just fine with the virus when people started taking it seriously. It's like your parents always taught you when growing up "better safe than sorry".

You have an immune system, use it or lose it. I want every virus that is not an std. I wanna be the Ash Ketchum of the flu, gotta catch them all. If I could make a living catching viruses I'd do it just so that I could brag about having had more viruses than anyone else.

You have an immune system, use it or lose it. I want every virus that is not an std. I wanna be the Ash Ketchum of the flu, gotta catch them all. If I could make a living catching viruses I'd do it just so that I could brag about having had more viruses than anyone else.
How cute of you. Go ahead and personally infect yourself with the virus then. Natural Selection will take it's course

I doubt you even know how the immune system works. Go ahead and infect yourself on purpose just so you can show Neo Gaf that you are so much smarter.

All the statistics I've seen suggest almost no chance of dying at my age. I'm a healthy weight, and I run three times a week. Me being afraid of the coronavirus would be ridiculous and if the swedes are correct I should get it to build herd immunity. But even that is speculation because they really haven't had time to study the virus.

Don't live in fear, it's bad for your immune system. I think I've already had it but if I knew someone that did I'd invite them to cough all over me. I bet if a super model had covid you'd not worry and lick every inch of her if she let you not worrying about the covid. Most men would do it just to say they did.

Jooxed

Gold Member

SLeCkUj.jpg

nah, working in a health care facility, the lives we lost happened very quick within 48 hours.

The Brazilian Genocide

My name is Gabriel, and I come here with a plea. COVID-19 cases are killing thousands by day. The president, Jair Bolsonaro, its cue to this saying that coronavirus is nothing. He is now forcing my city to reopen ALL things, including schools with kids.

This is gonna be a true genocide. I believe that until the end of the year more that 2 million people will die. I write here, for someone, please, Interpol, Press, to HELP us. See the Yugoslavia genocide of the 90's. It's the same. Only MUCH bigger.

He needs to be stopped. I will leave a video where he basically says that nothing will be done. Please... I don't want to die.

Vai pra janela bater panela.

All the statistics I've seen suggest almost no chance of dying at my age. I'm a healthy weight, and I run three times a week. Me being afraid of the coronavirus would be ridiculous and if the swedes are correct I should get it to build herd immunity. But even that is speculation because they really haven't had time to study the virus.

Don't live in fear, it's bad for your immune system. I think I've already had it but if I knew someone that did I'd invite them to cough all over me. I bet if a super model had covid you'd not worry and lick every inch of her if she let you not worrying about the covid. Most men would do it just to say they did.
Who is saying Im living in Fear? Just taking the necessary precautions, simple as that bro. I do that all the time in my life now. I used to be young, dumb and reckless. Almost got myself killed a few times before back in high school. While dummies went out to the bars, got sick and spread it in my state, I can drink in the comfort of my home with my friends just fine.

sinnergy

Deaths are already rising in current worst affected states...

pfuYeWN.jpg

nelPvz7.jpg

eEFHoD2.jpg
Find it very sad, that this thread looks like its in a state it was back in January, very alarming . Ignorant people doing like there is nothing wrong , just flu , don’t take my freedom .

if you don’t accept you are witnessing a one‘s every 100 years world changing event . And start taking it seriously, it will turn into a complete shit show.

ThE whole world has 6 months experience now, start acting you learned something in those 6 months .

Last edited:

Liljagare

Spanish flu took 60 million in a couple of years. Let’s hope our technology advanced world society won’t let it get this far.

That is what I think alot of people still don't get yet, years.

Even if we get a vaccin tomorrow, it will still take ages before everyone gets a dose. Meanwhile, this disease isn't going away by itself in most nations, so why not follow guidelines and do your best to prevent people getting it?

sinnergy

That is what I think alot of people still don't get yet, years.

Even if we get a vaccin tomorrow, it will still take ages before everyone gets a dose. Meanwhile, this disease isn't going away by itself in most nations, so why not follow guidelines and do your best to prevent people getting it?
Yup. USA lost more lives with the Spanish flu than with the Second World War. 500 - 850 k died.

I honestly fear a second spike in the UK despite Pubs taking as many precautions as possible.

Idiots will mingle when drunk and spread it to vulnerable people.

Most won't die from it of course, but there will be deaths that can and should be prevented.

Opening up too early for Pubs and Cinemas. Those should be the last things to open until we know for certain that the cases are manageable for the NHS.

The cases do look low but they suspect at least 8K a day are being infected and we haven't even had 10% of the population infected yet.

I just pray that no one else has to die from people not taking precautions with social distancing. :(

Birdo

Banned
My sister tested positive again, so was sent home from work.

I guess it sticks around in your body even after symptoms have gone.

Last edited:

sinnergy

My sister tested positive again, so was went home from work.

Yes , is known as far back as January in China , but it seems it’s hard to understand for the rest of the world . Seems we have to witness it first a couple of times 🤣 very exhausting.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
My sister tested positive again, so was sent home from work.

Shouldn’t she of got a negative result before even going back to work? Most workplaces I’m aware of require you to show your no longer infectious

Birdo

Banned
Shouldn’t she of got a negative result before even going back to work? Most workplaces I’m aware of require you to show your no longer infectious

I don't know. I assume so.

There we so many cases at her workplace, that it almost feels pointless for them to try and contain it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
if you don’t accept you are witnessing a one‘s every 100 years world changing event . And start taking it seriously, it will turn into a complete shit show.

The problem (?) is that for a once-in-100-year world changing event, the death numbers aren't really all that high in the grand scheme of things. As an entire country, we're currently at 105% total mortality compared to the three year average. A large part of this is New York City alone which is at 208% (!!!) of their three year average, followed by New Jersey at 143%.

Florida is currently at 100%, meaning it's exactly in line with the average.

All signs indicate that this shit peaked in April like most countries. A second wave may happen, I don't know, but what if it doesn't? What if we come in at a total mortality rate of 105% or even less when all is said and done? What will the doomsayers say then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even hospitals, like the one I work at, aren’t requiring a negative test. You’re essentially told to self isolate until symptoms have been resolved for 5 days. We do 10 days for return to work. About 50% of our hospitalizations are from 2 local nursing homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom