• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

betrayal

Banned
Italy deaths down a scootch

Deaths +662
Cases +6153

The cake decline was a lie

Only for those who have no idea about statistics and trends. Absolute numbers are worthless.

The second last column are the daily new cases. The last column is the development of deaths. It is important to look at the percentage changes.

nkni54r.png

What annoys me the most is the way that the alarm bells in January were ignored by nearly all the governments worldwide.

Look at the timeline, January China announces a new strain SARS outbreak. Within days it locks down an entire province of 50 million people, and there is NO UN coordinated response spoken about. The US (well everyone knows that Trump has diminished America's leadership position so that it is almost nonexistent anymore, but something should have happened), allies and friendly nations didn't discuss a coordinated response, and the EU did exactly the same.... fuck all.

When you have a look at China in January, see the way the Chinese authorities reacted and then you realise just how many flights had been in and out of China since the beginning of the year, EVERY government has demonstrated nothing but complacence! We dodged a bullet with the first SARS outbreak.. This time, our luck ran out. Due to their complacence and their putting the economy first attitude, the costs once this calms down will be enormous. I am seriously expecting taxation to rise to levels not sen in decades. Most probably to levels that we on here have only ever winced at when reading about.

A coordinated response could have meant that the EU or the US went into immediate lockdown and frontier closures as soon as the first cases were reported. Complete with guaranteed assistance from other nations once the outbreak had been contained. Instead, they did nothing, talked about nothing, let it get a foothold and still did nothing in fear of damaging the economy until it was too late. Now it is everyone for themselves, with like I said massive economical damage worldwide thrown in for good measure.

But that is not all. Once individual countries start bringing things under control like China and South Korea have plus Hong Kong (I will come back to HK in a sec), the frontiers will have to be controlled with an iron rod until a vaccine has been found or other countries can demonstrate that they eradicated it or a medicine is available that renders it nothing more than a common cold. Going back to HK, they got it sorted, then opened the borders, and people brought it again. They have imposed strict quarantines since. China and South Korea also have strict quarantines in place to. All other countries are going to have to do the same. In the EU, the freedom of movement will HAVE to be stopped also. The risk is too high.
Remember, Trump did act on it and being call racist for it by the WHO.

Only for those who have no idea about statistics and trends. Absolute numbers are worthless.

The second last column are the daily new cases. The last column is the development of deaths. It is important to look at the percentage changes.

nkni54r.png

Good post. I think for most people its just difficult to get passed the idea that 600+ people that were alive 24 hours ago, are gone now. People are just wired this way.

I'm hoping people in this thread can stop using China's numbers and whatever it is that they're doing as an indication for how long we expect anything to last here. I'm not sure anyone should trust anything that comes out of China in terms of aggregate numbers and information.
Yep, all we should use are italian numbers to have a proper idea of what to expect.

Leyasu

Banned
I'm hoping people in this thread can stop using China's numbers and whatever it is that they're doing as an indication for how long we expect anything to last here. I'm not sure anyone should trust anything that comes out of China in terms of aggregate numbers and information.

If you are reffering to me. The numbers from China may well be fudged cases and deaths, but their lockdown times are not. It is everywhere that they are starting to slowly go back to normal. Even the doom and gloom merchants of sky news in the UK are reporting on it. If sky could spin a positive into a negative they wouldn't hesitate. Even they can't spin that!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Well, looks like the UK is starting to ask the same questions that a handful of us have been pointing out for awhile: Wuhan coronavirus has likely been out in the wild longer than Official Reports™ are claiming.

A family from East Sussex may have been Britain’s first coronavirus victims, catching the virus in mid-January after one of them visited an Austrian ski resort that is now under investigation for allegedly covering up the early outbreak.
If confirmed by official tests, it would mean the outbreak in Britain started more than a month earlier than currently thought.
As things stand, the first recorded UK case was on January 31, and the earliest documented incidence of transmission within Britain occurred on February 28.
IT consultant Daren Bland, 50, was skiing in Ischgl, Austria from January 15 to 19 with three friends, two from Denmark and one from Minnesota in America.
All three fell ill on their return with classic coronavirus symptoms, and Mr Bland passed on the infection to his wife and children in Maresfield, East Sussex.
EDIT: Austria's first case according to Official Reports™ was February 25th, from two travelers from Italy. Denmark's first case was February 27th. Minnesota's first case was March 7th. Guess all those estimates are out the window, too.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
jesus what a crybaby. hard to watch
See like you tough guys never had problems with breathing a oxidising of your blood that thing makes you weak, which means that you have way bigger problem with breathing and it's really exhausting and emotionally taxing. I woke up with my lungs full of sputum after the surgery and it was not fun at all, especially when all the Fentanyl was out of my system. I was ready to die, again.

Lost my job yesterday.
What, how? Where are you from, if I may ask?

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned

China's lockdown was on January 23. Between the 2nd and 3rd week the peak was reached and from the beginning of the 4th week the new case numbers decreased on a daily basis.
If you leave out the absolute numbers and write "Italy" over the diagram instead of "China", then you wouldn't have to change anything in the diagram and it would still be correct.

Everyone can check this out personally here. Just click on the individual country for detailed charts and graphs and interpolate and superimpose them. This can be done for any country that has imposed a strict lockdown. It will always be the same.

Sugarmonkey

STOP DOWNPLAYING THE NUMBERS DO YOU WANT OLD PEOPLE TO DIE?!? JUST LOOK AT ITAL- oh.

Im sorry, I try to be impartial, but please GTFO with this basura. I'm not sure why we need to constantly mention that the virus isn't as deadly AS PEOPLE NOT GETTING CARE FOR LIFE THREATINING ISSUES BECAUSE THE HOSPITALS ARE OVERWHELMED. That is all.

Leyasu

Banned
He banned traveler from China. Think about it, IF Europe have done the same thing the virus would be pretty much contained. He also never call the virus a hoax.
He did call it a hoax.

it was too late banning people from China. The virus was out in the big wide world from the beginning without doubt. The only response correct would have been a lockdown from the first cases.

Thanks, Chiner

The highly announced rapid coronavirus tests with which the Government wanted to start testing the wider layers of the population to know what the real dimension of contagion is in Spain do not work well. This has been proven by several microbiology laboratories of large hospitals in their analyses of the kits recently arrived from China. The results of these preliminary trials are disheartening: "They do not detect positive cases as expected," says a source who has participated in the tests and asks for anonymity.

The fast tests, manufactured by the Chinese company Bioeasy, based in Shenzhen, one of the technological poles of the Asian country,have a sensitivity of 30%, when it should be more than 80%, these sources point out. One of the microbiologists who has analyzed the Chinese test says, "It doesn't make sense to use these tests." The conclusion of the experts who have evaluated these detection kits is that the current test, the PCR, will have to continue to be used. This is communicated to the Carlos III Institute of Health, under the Ministry of Health.

So we had one report that the number of deaths in Italy are being over reported (attributing almost any death in a hospital involving anything respiratory as being due to COVID-19) now we are hearing they are being UNDER reported.....

I have no idea, numbers are not concrete when things start exploding like this.

Are there a million more undetected cases making the CFR minuscule? Maybe? Are there millions of dead people in their homes waiting to be counted? Maybe? Fuck all.

Edit: This is confirmed, there was nothing from PIE, adding 50 to the total would make the death total 712, or the 3rd deadliest day yet (expected, but not encouraging in regards to treatment progress).

Last edited:
He did call it a hoax.

it was too late banning people from China. The virus was out in the big wide world from the beginning without doubt. The only response correct would have been a lockdown from the first cases.

Quit spreading lies. He said the democrats portrayal of his response is a hoax.

UK update:

CORONAVIRUS: UK GOVERNMENT SAYS 578 HAVE DIED (463 WEDNESDAY), 11,658 CONFIRMED CASES (9,529 WEDNESDAY)

NJ update:

BREAKING: 2,492 new people test positive for #COVID19 in NJ, bringing statewide #coronavirus total to 6,876, @GovMurphy said. Yesterday’s total was 4,402.

NEW JERSEY CORONAVIRUS CASES INCREASE BY 2,492 FROM DAY EARLIER TO 6,876, DEATHS UP BY 19 TO 81 -GOVERNOR PHIL MURPHY

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Here is the reported average age of death in each country. The figures are not all from today, but give a trend.

USA: 80
Germany: 81
China: 79
Italy: 79
South Korea: 74

Only 8-9% of confirmed cases (older number) in South Korea and Italy are over 70 years old.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Im sorry, I try to be impartial, but please GTFO with this basura. I'm not sure why we need to constantly mention that the virus isn't as deadly AS PEOPLE NOT GETTING CARE FOR LIFE THREATINING ISSUES BECAUSE THE HOSPITALS ARE OVERWHELMED. That is all.
9 of 10 people who visit the hospital to get tested for coronavirus -- using up the hospital staff's time and resources -- don't have it. And that's the worst ratio (places like UK, Spain, and Italy). In places like S. Korea they reported that only 2% of people who got tested for coronavirus actually had it.

So who is overwhelming hospitals? By the numbers, it isn't people with coronavirus. I acknowledge the very dire shortages that some countries are facing right now which is exactly why hysteria should be countered by truth.

Jtibh

Banned

I have no idea, numbers are not concrete when things start exploding like this.

Are there a million more undetected cases making the CFR minuscule? Maybe? Are there millions of dead people in their homes waiting to be counted? Maybe? Fuck all.

Edit: This is confirmed, there was nothing from PIE, adding 50 to the total would make the death total 712, or the 3rd deadliest day yet (expected, but not encouraging in regards to treatment progress).

Its becoming harder and harder to keep track on these events.
Chaos is about to kick in.
And who is to say that officals can count every single death every day when there is soo many of them.

Thats why i give props to iran. They just slap on their stomach tell Ali to think of a number and report it. Any number he can think off will be still under the true numbers so he can never be wrong he just tells you at the end of the day thats all he could count. It would take him 2 days to count how many died in the past 24 hours.

Look at it this way, any other possible president wouldn't have the balls to ban travel from China earlier than Trump.

Think of it like this, he banned travel to china.

Yet, Europe was already with thousands of infected, he travelled ban to Europe except to and from the UK, which had the highest growth in infected numbers....so yeah.

Your delusional or naive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom