• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Interesting UK data. Last week deaths in hospitals was below historical average. If this continues it would suggest that some of the excess deaths seen earlier were accelerated deaths bound to happen this year.

28669080-8343935-image-a-45_1590077798917.jpg

dionysus

Yaldog
pretty sure this theory has been debunked several times, and that's without counting all those countries that went for the "herd immunity" and paid the price.

thing is, the idea that only old people die from corona virus is a myth, or better, they are the ones that die anyway even after weeks in intensive care.
then you have all those stronger and less debilitated people that "only" need several weeks of intensive care to recover..but guess what, if you can give an icu bed to everyone, those people are also going to die, and without lockdowns you can't flatten the curve and thus you can cure all those people that need it.

i mean just look at brazil right now

It hasn't been debunked. What hasn't been proven is if quarantines like we did actually work. The varying levels of lockdown worldwide are not showing any correlation to icu utilization or mortality.

And we didn't run out of ICU beds in NY, NJ, and Connecticut even after we actively took measures to infect the most vulnerable population most likely to need ICU. It is very possible that the net affect of NYs lockdown rules in totality increased the use of ICU and increased death. It protected low risk populations but exposed high risk populations.

My country has developed its own mobile tracker, going live today. I don't know why they just don't issue orange jumpsuits with metal electronic ankle tags instead?

I think you might be wrong. They just don’t care as much about this as you do. Poor people in countries like Brazil deal with the threat of dying a lot more than Americans and Europeans.
Was my impression about Brazilians as well, when I went there for a week.
So to them this new risk is just a part of life. They’re willing to take it. Considering most healthy people can survive this at a very high rate, I just think some groups of people are willing to go on living.

You can say they’re being stupid or whatever, but a lot of people in Brazil don’t have the luxury to sit at home for a month and have their groceries delivered while they watch Netflix all day.
Yep, and this..

Marlenus

Interesting UK data. Last week deaths in hospitals was below historical average. If this continues it would suggest that some of the excess deaths seen earlier were accelerated deaths bound to happen this year.

Or maybe it just implies that social distancing and lockdown measures are reducing deaths from other causes as well.

Majukun

It hasn't been debunked. What hasn't been proven is if quarantines like we did actually work. The varying levels of lockdown worldwide are not showing any correlation to icu utilization or mortality.

And we didn't run out of ICU beds in NY, NJ, and Connecticut even after we actively took measures to infect the most vulnerable population most likely to need ICU. It is very possible that the net affect of NYs lockdown rules in totality increased the use of ICU and increased death. It protected low risk populations but exposed high risk populations.
For your theory to be true it would mean that it doesn't matter if we actually cure people or not, the people that would have died will die and the people that didn't die could have just 'walked it off'. Which is absurd. The mortality rate is low because we can treat people, but the moment you let the virus spread then you lose the ability to treat everyone and the death rate rises.

And again, each and every single country that tried your herd immunity theory ended up having to go to lockdown, and the ones that didn't is Brazil who is currently having like 300k active cases with 20k deaths, so around 6% death rate.

Also why do you say quarantines have not proven to be effective when countries like Italy and Spain have seen a pretty relevant decrease in cases (Italy started lock down on a 6k ish new cases per day if I remember correctly, they have now between 800 and 600 a day) since they started lock downs and quarantines? And they also saw the decrease of mortality when the burden on the hospital system was alleviated.

And also why are you saying that there's no correlation between icu beds available and mortality when Spain was literally digging mass Graves in the highest peak period, when they couldn't give an icu bed to everyone in need?

Last but not least, NY didn't run out of icu beds because they increased their capacity fearing the worst case scenario,it's not really an obscure info it was all around the internet, normal NY capacity would have never sustained that impact, no country or state has enough icu beds to go for the herd immunity strategy...

If those were infinite and you didn't care
at all about a lot of people having to pass several weeks in intensive care (so the economy would still take a hit regardless) and suffer lung damage that might debilitated them for the rest of their lives, then you might try to go for the herd immunity strategy.

But that is not the world we live in.

Majukun

Or maybe lockdowns mean less people on the street so less car accidents, less people at work so less work accidents and so on and so forth?

For care homes of course those have a finite amount of residents, if most of them died the months prior, the ones that follow will have less deaths.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I think you might be wrong. They just don’t care as much about this as you do. Poor people in countries like Brazil deal with the threat of dying a lot more than Americans and Europeans. So to them this new risk is just a part of life. They’re willing to take it. Considering most healthy people can survive this at a very high rate, I just think some groups of people are willing to go on living.

You can say they’re being stupid or whatever, but a lot of people in Brazil don’t have the luxury to sit at home for a month and have their groceries delivered while they watch Netflix all day.

I'll also add that actually total obedience isn't what we want. Total obedience can work if you're willing to seal people off hermetically from the rest of society until the virus is gone, but that doesn't work because people would starve, so the only sensible approach is actually to have a few disobedient people, and they're overwhelmingly likely to be young, to go out and build that herd immunity. You want just enough of them to build up immunity among a low-vulnerability group but not too much that it overwhelms the health services. Different countries will find that balance at different places, and I suspect that this thinking is part of why the UK government's advice for instance has been becoming a bit deliberately vague.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

An interesting article from the 'end of history' chap. I don't agree fully with it analysis of the US though it's probably right that the US telling China how to behave won't work while the US is perceived to be weak (and tbh that is something that probably goes back to 9/11 - in its response to the attacks the US gave up the perceived moral high ground and lost a lot of the global support and the soft power that support generated) - America needs to build itself back into the #1 superpower because Europe sure as hell won't be a superpower any time soon (and I would argue that the weakness of the EU has been another factor in the global shift of power eastwards.

Jezbollah

I see a lot of places taking the temperature of people before they let them in. Is there any point to that? You can be asymptomatic which means no fever. And I figure most people who have a fever know they aren’t feeling well already.

Its usefulness is very limited. The authorities in Wuhan were doing that and thought it would keep the virus within the city limits....

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My county in PA that doesn't have much going on anymore was just annouced to still be in the "Red" phase today. That means we are still under stay at home order with most things closed. This is getting beyond crazy at this point.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
For your theory to be true it would mean that it doesn't matter if we actually cure people or not, the people that would have died will die and the people that didn't die could have just 'walked it off'. Which is absurd. The mortality rate is low because we can treat people, but the moment you let the virus spread then you lose the ability to treat everyone and the death rate rises.

All research on the topic says this virus was spreading in our countries as early as December, and it was definitely here in February, before lockdowns.

And again, each and every single country that tried your herd immunity theory ended up having to go to lockdown, and the ones that didn't is Brazil who is currently having like 300k active cases with 20k deaths, so around 6% death rate.

That's not the way it works bro. The actual mortality rate is the "active cases" PLUS the cases that aren't diagnosed.

Last but not least, NY didn't run out of icu beds because they increased their capacity fearing the worst case scenario,it's not really an obscure info it was all around the internet, normal NY capacity would have never sustained that impact, no country or state has enough icu beds to go for the herd immunity strategy...

NY increased capacity with a bunch of shit it never used. The Javits Center and that Navy ship was mostly empty while they were around. You are either lying or being highly disingenuous. NY was actually never close to running out of beds.

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I see a lot of places taking the temperature of people before they let them in. Is there any point to that? You can be asymptomatic which means no fever. And I figure most people who have a fever know they aren’t feeling well already.
I wondered the same thing when China started doing it and the answer I got us even more true for America.

Many people are pieces of shit. The testing isn't to let them know they're sick, they already know.
With the amount of people who won't wear masks here, it's painfully obvious that many of these fuck heads would still go out while not feeling great.

Majukun

All research on the topic says this virus was spreading in our countries as early as December, and it was definitely here in February, before lockdowns.

So you ARE really saying that ICU tratiment for covid patients is essentially useless, wow, wish all that trained medical personnel knew.
please read about what the situation was in Italy and Spain before they went into lockdown, then tell me everyone who survived thanks to icu treatment would have been equally able to deal with it by walking it off.

That's not the way it works bro. The actual mortality rate is the "active cases" PLUS the cases that aren't diagnosed.
fair enough, but to coincide with your 0,014 percentage number it would mean that basically 2/3 of the entirety of the Brazil populace (140 mln-ish against a total of 210 mln-ish) has or had the virus, and somehow i doubt that.

NY increased capacity with a bunch of shit it never used. The Javits Center and that Navy ship was mostly empty while they were around. You are either lying or being highly disingenuous. NY was actually never close to running out of beds.
pre coronavirus Ny icu capacity was around 1800 units, last time i checked when things were stabilizing (and people were starting to complain they did too much of a good job) the number of people in intensive care was close to 5k

so yeah, they did make use of that increase, sure thank god it was not the shitshow the first model predicted, but that's also thanks to the social distancing and lockdowns you said are not needed.

iconmaster

Banned
Coronavirus updates: Churches plan services; CVS opening drive-thru test sites

"“More than 1,200 pastors have signed the ‘declaration of essentiality’ that we were asked to put together,” said attorney Robert Tyler, one of the lawyers fighting for the right of Lodi’s Cross Culture Christian Center to reopen. “We expect more than 3,000 individual churches to open May 31, with or without permission.”

Christians growing a spine at last. And if they burn down your churches, meet in the parking lots.

The church thing is really baffling to me. Allow services but make sure people spread out or better yet, have services outside. For those Catholics out there, maybe buy some individual solo cups for drinking the blood of Christ instead of the community goblet that Im pretty sure I caught the flu from multiple times when I was a kid.

dionysus

Yaldog

Also why do you say quarantines have not proven to be effective when countries like Italy and Spain have seen a pretty relevant decrease in cases (Italy started lock down on a 6k ish new cases per day if I remember correctly, they have now between 800 and 600 a day) since they started lock downs and quarantines? And they also saw the decrease of mortality when the burden on the hospital system was alleviated.

And also why are you saying that there's no correlation between icu beds available and mortality when Spain was literally digging mass Graves in the highest peak period, when they couldn't give an icu bed to everyone in need?

If those were infinite and you didn't care
at all about a lot of people having to pass several weeks in intensive care (so the economy would still take a hit regardless) and suffer lung damage that might debilitated them for the rest of their lives, then you might try to go for the herd immunity strategy.

But that is not the world we live in.

The severity of the lockdown has no correlation with icu usage and death rates across regions and countries. You are crediting lockdowns for reducing hospitalizations, except icu usage peaked and declined in all kinds of places whether they had extreme lockdowns or not. That is my point. Florida is a prime example of this. Very mild lockdown and very good mortality rates and hospital utilization. Declining hospitalizations even 6 weeks after opening up.

That is how coronaviruses behave. The infect rapidly and then decline.

cryptoadam

Banned
Well its not deadly enough to be the Spanish Flu. But we might still be heading for a larger 2nd wave.

How so?

Why will the virus all of a sudden become way deadlier in the fall? Consider that 40-50%, heck some places even as high as 80% of deaths were in old age homes, we could kick the second waves ass by just not sending it into old age homes.

We also know now a lot more about the virus, we know to social distance, to wear masks, wash our hands. And to top it off we now have millions of tests that we can administer if there are falre ups.

I really don't like this fallacy that corona = spanish flu. Time to stop being its just the flu bro bro LOL. Corona isn't the spanish flu and there isn't anything saying its going to follow the spanish flu pattern. If anything we should compare it to SARS/MERS since those were corona viruses and once we got past those there wasn't a second wave.

And waves are just BS, there is no 1st wave/2nd wave/3rd wave. There is just the virus. Its here. Either we do a good job containing it and limiting its damage or we don't. And until vaccine or herd immunity shows up we will just have to live with the virus the best we can.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

Considering the high percentage of deaths in care/nursing homes, this looks increasingly likely. We may look back and find that the total deaths over the course of 2020 will not be significantly higher than the average year, but they were highly concentrated in March/April and then lagged.

Raven117

Gold Member
So I guess everyone is all on the “second wave” because “just wait two weeks” didn’t meet their devastation expectations.

It is all about containment. Yes, cases will rise. But with some smart testing, social distancing, keeping huge mass gatherings to a minimum (like sporting events and concerts) it will not overload our healthcare system and it will be fine.

The church thing is really baffling to me. Allow services but make sure people spread out or better yet, have services outside. For those Catholics out there, maybe buy some individual solo cups for drinking the blood of Christ instead of the community goblet that Im pretty sure I caught the flu from multiple times when I was a kid.

The Catholic church I go to is planning on going from normally having 600 people in attendance per service to 150 for social distancing reasons, and dramatically increasing the number of services being offered. They have not received permission to open. These days you don't drink the blood most of the time, you just consume the host. I think by the time we finally get permission to open there will be zero cases in my area, and we'll still be social distancing.

How so?

Why will the virus all of a sudden become way deadlier in the fall? Consider that 40-50%, heck some places even as high as 80% of deaths were in old age homes, we could kick the second waves ass by just not sending it into old age homes.

I said its not deadly enough to be the Spanish Flu and it could be BIGGER wave in the fall, not necessarily a deadlier wave. We still arent that close to herd immunity in most places, there will definitely be more resistance to shut downs in hotspots in the fall (at least in the US) and I think we will still be riding the wave of pent up demand for people to return to social gatherings and generally be out in public with other people.

I generally preach the gospel of "I dont know" so I wont sit here and pretend that I am certain of this happening. I'm just saying is I see some signifiers of what could potentially turn into a 2nd wave of infections.

cryptoadam

Banned
I said its not deadly enough to be the Spanish Flu and it could be BIGGER wave in the fall, not necessarily a deadlier wave. We still arent that close to herd immunity in most places, there will definitely be more resistance to shut downs in hotspots in the fall (at least in the US) and I think we will still be riding the wave of pent up demand for people to return to social gatherings and generally be out in public with other people.

I generally preach the gospel of "I dont know" so I wont sit here and pretend that I am certain of this happening. I'm just saying is I see some signifiers of what could potentially turn into a 2nd wave of infections.

I think another flu season could increase the infection waves, but as long as we don't send old people to kill the other old people the deaths should not be as bad.

If there is going to be a so called 2nd wave it will most likely hit the places that did strict lock downs and didn't get as much immunity as other places.

But we will see, like you said we don't know for now. And most things the experts said were wrong so I am a bit skeptical about the same people already predicting the 2nd wave. We have the knoweledge now it really depends on the execution.

Majukun

The severity of the lockdown has no correlation with icu usage and death rates across regions and countries.

except there are? look at the data of sweden vs norway and finland and how differently they handled the pandemic in the early stages
or hoew italy and spain were hit the hardest after going on lockdown too late..same goes for the uk that initially wanted to go for the "speedrun" solution and now they are among the most hit countries.

You are crediting lockdowns for reducing hospitalizations, except icu usage peaked and declined in all kinds of places whether they had extreme lockdowns or not. That is my point. Florida is a prime example of this. Very mild lockdown and very good mortality rates and hospital utilization. Declining hospitalizations even 6 weeks after opening up.
well can't really comment about "all kinds of places" since it's not that well defined of a concept, for florida while not an expert, I can see from the outside that maybe having less then half the population density of some or the more hit states helped.

That is how coronaviruses behave. The infect rapidly and then decline.
i'm no virologist, so i'm not gonna say it's not like that..but i also wanna see some data and citations before accepting this statement

especially since there are countries in europe that experienced a sustained amount of cases for at least 2 months straight

rykomatsu

The 60-70% infected for herd immunity is based on a rapid infection model.

As many places that have done retroactive epidemiological investigations are finding that cases existed at least 1mo. earlier than the first case. For example, Austin, TX found 60 cases in Feb, approximately 1-mo before the first presumptive positive. France also found a case back in December, Bay area I think found one in Jan/Feb.
  • So, on one hand, if you believe the R0 value that has been used to derive the 60-70% herd immunity model, we should be significantly far along the pandemic curve
  • On the other, if you believe the R0 value that has been used to derive the 60-70% herd immunity model is too high (since due to exponential model, there'd be waaaay more cases if the regional epidemics started 1-3months earlier, just not detected) , then the real herd immunity value should be much lower since infectivity is also lower
Without new models being established with new start dates for each region's epidemics, you cannot reasonably make the bolded claim since you're basing it off of information that is out of date and likely wildly inaccurate.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The 60-70% infected for herd immunity is based on a rapid infection model.

As many places that have done retroactive epidemiological investigations are finding that cases existed at least 1mo. earlier than the first case. For example, Austin, TX found 60 cases in Feb, approximately 1-mo before the first presumptive positive. France also found a case back in December, Bay area I think found one in Jan/Feb.
  • So, on one hand, if you believe the R0 value that has been used to derive the 60-70% herd immunity model, we should be significantly far along the pandemic curve
  • On the other, if you believe the R0 value that has been used to derive the 60-70% herd immunity model is too high (since due to exponential model, there'd be waaaay more cases if the regional epidemics started 1-3months earlier, just not detected) , then the real herd immunity value should be much lower since infectivity is also lower
Without new models being established with new start dates for each region's epidemics, you cannot reasonably make the bolded claim since you're basing it off of information that is out of date and likely wildly inaccurate.
Folks have been pointing out how all the data about infection rates and death % is bunk if our "start dates" aren't accurate since the beginning yet people kept sticking fingers in ears.

Mainstream outlets and researchers are reaffirming the suspicion that this started earlier than China's official Dec "first case", but the damage from the propaganda is done. Some people are now forever duped into believing lies like 2%+ lethality and "first cases" as late as February and March lol

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Hey guys,
What's the most recent news on Hydroxychloroqione?

You think that Trump is going to follow through on his threat to overrule Giverners when those in the Tristate don't open up churches today?
Or is he going to slink away, like the shriveled up pussy he is?

cryptoadam

Banned
Hey guys,
What's the most recent news on Hydroxychloroqione?

You think that Trump is going to follow through on his threat to overrule Giverners when those in the Tristate don't open up churches today?
Or is he going to slink away, like the shriveled up pussy he is?

Big study said no benefit, but they didn't use Zinc and it was on critically ill patients. The protocol has always been about Zinc + Zpack + HCQ and early. Once the virus starts replicating and the patients become severly ill the proponents of the cocktail say its useless.

But again since 99.9% of the people who get the virus get better its going to be hard to find un biased data. Thats why I think we get so many different results from different studies. Really sucks if it doesn't work since its a cheap and plentiful oral drug. Compared to resdemisvir which is IV, cost a ton, and Gilead can't even make enough of it.

So do you want him to over rule governors or not? If he does will he applauded him for his bravery for standing up to the governors?

I think Trump will let the courts decide, but he may put out an EO but I doubt it.

cryptoadam

Banned
Joe T. Joe T. Malakhov Malakhov

Some Montreal numbers

GROUPE D'ÂGENOMBRE DE CAS CONFIRMÉS¹RÉPARTITION DES CAS (%)TAUX POUR
100 000
PERSONNES
NOMBRE DE DÉCÈSTAUX DE MORTALITÉ POUR
100 000
PERSONNES
0-4 ans2391,0215,60-
5-9 ans2160,9200,10-
10-19 ans7643,3384,10-
20-29 ans2 56211,0795,4< 5n.p.
30-39 ans2 91012,5885,7< 5n.p.
40-49 ans3 22413,81 158,312* 4,3
50-59 ans2 95512,71 151,34417,1
60-69 ans2 0538,8948,015973,4
70-79 ans2 1689,31 498,3430297,2
80 ans et +6 24326,86 178,71 8031 784,4
Manquant79----
Total23 413-1 133,42 454118,8

80% of our deaths still in old age homes.

For as shitty as we have done and being the epicenter in Canada, less than 20 people under the age of 50 died total. And under the age of 60 it less than 70. And we had something closer to a Sweden lock down than an Italy lock down.

FYI Life expectancy in Quebec is 80.6 years old.

Big study said no benefit, but they didn't use Zinc and it was on critically ill patients. The protocol has always been about Zinc + Zpack + HCQ and early. Once the virus starts replicating and the patients become severly ill the proponents of the cocktail say its useless.

But again since 99.9% of the people who get the virus get better its going to be hard to find un biased data. Thats why I think we get so many different results from different studies. Really sucks if it doesn't work since its a cheap and plentiful oral drug. Compared to resdemisvir which is IV, cost a ton, and Gilead can't even make enough of it.

So do you want him to over rule governors or not? If he does will he applauded him for his bravery for standing up to the governors?

I think Trump will let the courts decide, but he may put out an EO but I doubt it.

I believe there is a newer study (Medcram was talking about it) where it looked like there was a statistically significant improvement of recovery time if you take the Zinc+Zpack+HCQ combo but only before its gets bad enough to send you into the ICU. So they are saying that it looks like it disrupts the replication process but if you are already into ARDS then it wont help you.

ManaByte

The phase I trial in healthy adult volunteers began in April. More than 1,000 immunisations have been completed and follow-up is currently ongoing.

The next study will enrol up to 10,260 adults and children and will involve a number of partner institutions across the country.

The phase II part of the study involves expanding the age range of people the vaccine is assessed in, to include a small number of older adults and children:

• Aged 56-69
• Aged over 70
• Aged between 5-12 years

For these groups, researchers will be assessing the immune response to the vaccine in people of different ages, to find out if there is variation in how well the immune system responds in older people or children.

The phase III part of the study involves assessing how the vaccine works in a large number of people over the age of 18. This group will assess how well the vaccine works to prevent people from becoming infected and unwell with COVID-19.

cryptoadam

Banned
I believe there is a newer study (Medcram was talking about it) where it looked like there was a statistically significant improvement of recovery time if you take the Zinc+Zpack+HCQ combo but only before its gets bad enough to send you into the ICU. So they are saying that it looks like it disrupts the replication process but if you are already into ARDS then it wont help you.

Medcram is my joint. Was this posted today? I know that he hasn't really been behind HCQ. I watched his video about reinfection yesterday.

Ya I saw that study. One thing is it compared Zinc to non Zinc, but HCQ was always in play so there was no control group. So Zinc did improve from HCQ, but it isn't known if thats still worse than nothing/standard care.

But ya if it will work you need the zinc and you need to take it before the cytokein storm hits. From what I understand since the ZINC stops the virus from replicating, once you hit the ICU the virus has already gotten in and done its damage and then HCQ/ZINC isn't going to do anything.

Joe T.

Some Montreal numbers

100 000
PERSONNES
100 000
PERSONNES
0-4 ans2391,0215,60-
5-9 ans2160,9200,10-
10-19 ans7643,3384,10-
Manquant79----

For as shitty as we have done and being the epicenter in Canada, less than 20 people under the age of 50 died total. And under the age of 60 it less than 70. And we had something closer to a Sweden lock down than an Italy lock down.

Well, I've been worked up about this for a long time. The only reason we're still in lockdown and businesses here are being hit this hard is because the municipal, provincial and federal governments all failed spectacularly. Had they been able to take better care of the senior population like Florida, for example, we could have probably cut our deaths by at least 50% and Montreal could have begun easing out of lockdown a month ago.

Liberals south of the border sometimes like to use Canada as an example of where universal health care works, but this pandemic has shown me that the American system is far more capable at handling such an unexpected crisis. We had/have beds for a surge in case numbers, but apparently no medical staff to handle them. Maybe I missed it through all the panic porn, but I didn't see Canada flying doctors and nurses from across the country to help Quebec the way they did it in the US/NY.

Well, I've been worked up about this for a long time. The only reason we're still in lockdown and businesses here are being hit this hard is because the municipal, provincial and federal governments all failed spectacularly. Had they been able to take better care of the senior population like Florida, for example, we could have probably cut our deaths by at least 50% and Montreal could have begun easing out of lockdown a month ago.

Liberals south of the border sometimes like to use Canada as an example of where universal health care works, but this pandemic has shown me that the American system is far more capable at handling such an unexpected crisis. We had/have beds for a surge in case numbers, but apparently no medical staff to handle them. Maybe I missed it through all the panic porn, but I didn't see Canada flying doctors and nurses from across the country to help Quebec the way they did it in the US/NY.

Anyone with half a brain would understand that Canada's health care system as a whole is superior to America's in almost every way. I know you want to do the whole "liberal" schtick, but the main reason for so many deaths in Quebec is because it ravaged old age homes. There was little hope once these places were infected.

The issue wasn't the healthcare system, the issue was how old age homes dealt with this pandemic. Which was piss poor. These places should've been top priority with restrictions but it was too little too late, by the time they reacted so many of them were turned into infection hotspots.

By all metrics Ontario shouldve been the province that got destroyed but it didn't because the right people made the right decisions ahead of time.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Read they figured out that Corona turns off interfeon production in the body, and cytokin cells keep on producing, explains the cytotoxic shock syndrome some experience. They hope this will mean new treatment options..

Malakhov

Banned

Some Montreal numbers

100 000
PERSONNES
100 000
PERSONNES
0-4 ans2391,0215,60-
5-9 ans2160,9200,10-
10-19 ans7643,3384,10-
Manquant79----

Yeah this whole containment was a joke. Sweden is 10.2m population, Quebec is 8.5m population.

Sweden had 32k cases, 3.9k deaths
Quebec had 46k cases, 3.8k deaths

One stayed open, one destroyed its economy

Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom