• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I turned on the TV and there’s a second memorial for George Floyd. They just had one yesterday. There are tons of people there and no social distancing. I know people that had to delay weddings or couldn’t have funerals and they are letting this happen.

JordanN

Banned
Seriously, what the fuck is the government doing?

eOEee5e.png

They keep locking down businesses, but not the protests?

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member

eOEee5e.png

All part of the plan see, once all the protestors throw themselves off the covid cliffs they'll be no one left to stand in the way of the white supremacist world. Trump probably ordered it so culls Biden voters too. /s

cryptoadam

Banned

eOEee5e.png

What dining will look like when Toronto restaurnts will reopen.

I bet restaurtants are gonna have to limit their customers, have social distancing, lose business, spend money on re purposing their whole place, hire temp takers etc....

But massive protests a-Ok

cryptoadam

Banned
Anyone know whats going on in China?

HAven't seen NTD news or Epoch times pop up in my YT feed in a while. About 1.5 weeks ago last I saw was some outbreaks in Harbin and some other cities with concerns in Wuhan. Then it seems like they mass tested in Wuhan and no one was infected.

Do they still have lock downs there or its pretty much gone?

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
What dining will look like when Toronto restaurnts will reopen.

I bet restaurtants are gonna have to limit their customers, have social distancing, lose business, spend money on re purposing their whole place, hire temp takers etc....

But massive protests a-Ok

You've spent many months following, and made thousands of posts about this virus, so you should be pretty knowledgeable by now.

Do you believe the virus spreads as easily outdoors, as inside?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
You've spent many months following, and made thousands of posts about this virus, so you should be pretty knowledgeable by now.

Do you believe the virus spreads as easily outdoors, as inside?

In hot humid weather, nope. DHS told us this months ago, remember bleachgate. Ya everyone ignored the real story. If you an still be spaced out reasonably and aren't cramming 1000's of people into a space. Virus also does live longer underneath surfaces that are out of the sun or in shadows.
Do you still stand by that whoever organized the protest They should face financial consequences if people get sick?

cryptoadam

Banned

Genetic variations may be what causes different people to suffer from different symptoms of the coronavirus, according to a new study by European scientists, The New York Times reported.

The study, which has not been peer-reviewed yet, is the first to find a strong statistical link between genetic variations and COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus.

Variations at two spots in the human genome are associated with an increased risk of respiratory failure in COVID-19 patients, according to the study. Patients with Type A blood were linked to a 50% increase in the likelihood in needing to get oxygen or go on a ventilator, reported the Times.

Oddly enough, variations in ACE2, the protein to which the virus attaches itself on the surface of human cells, did not seem to make a difference in the severity of the virus.

cryptoadam

Banned
What if theres a super spreader at one of those memorials for GF?

Pretty much all your CV comes from super spreaders,70% of people don't spread it once they get it. If someone in that church had it oh boy its gonna be feasting time for Corona Chan.

I guess we'll have to wait another week for a sharp increase in cases to confirm this but I don't have much faith in the current increase being an unexplained anamoly.

Roufianos

This is crazy. Looks as if the rules don't apply to BLM here in London. It shows you the cowardice of the British authorities:
29298868-8394281-Vast_crowds_of_people_packed_into_Parliament_Square_London_today-a-117_1591460814567.jpg

Thousands of Black Lives Matter protesters pack into Parliament Square and Anthony Joshua leads march in Watford - despite Priti Patel urging activists across UK to stay away and avoid dangers of crowds

I guess BLM is more important than containing the spread of a supposedly deadly virus.

Fucking disgusting and retarded. I saw a study saying the Liverpool v Atletico game just before the lockdown directly resulted in 50 deaths. I wonder how many black lives this demonstration is going to cost?

#BLM yet let's get out and spread a deadly disease which they're twice as likely to die from. American cops aren't a threat in London, corona is.

Think half of this is SJWs just trying to grapple the daily news back from the coronavirus, probably can't stand the fact that nobody's listening to them now we have real problems.

Chittagong

Gold Member
As discussed here last week UK finally records a sub-100 day on Sunday

29326106-8396469-image-a-17_1591536280403.jpg

I am getting tfo in a week and a half when the demonstration spread starts to kick in.

yeehaw

Banned
Welp, it finally begins.

3wzdAgf.jpg

Idiots wanted their protest, now they're going to get it. Watch thousands of people suddenly get ill or even drop dead because of Coronachan.

4chan-coronachan-nice-ass-dance.gif

These people don’t care about corona or peace. I went to a protest to counter protest. I grabbed a fatties mask and pushed them down. People started following me and I was jumped by BLM and antifa thugs. “Peaceful protest”, sure. I was brutalized by “peaceful” thugs for exercising my rights as an American.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
So he blames it on a mostly asian community.

Yet Trump us racist for saying it came from China.

Well if he blamed it on a KFC then he probably would be cancelled.

cryptoadam

Banned
I guess that says that the cases have gone down a bit?

Our cases have been in the 200's for days, today 8 deaths which is an all time low (but these numbers will be re adjusted with date of death rather than reported). We were peaking in the 700-1000's and last week we were in the 400-500's so there is a good decline trend. Also province has been open since May 11th and my city since the 25th.

The chart is our deaths, so you can see a big decline since the peak. You can also note the darkers colors are our old age homes which make up the vast majority of deaths, like 80%+. The small little lighter colors are deaths outside old age homes.

I have to queue to buy bread but it's OK to be cramped in with thousands of other people? No wash facilities, no alcohol gel, no toilets...

If there's no second wave or increase in cases due to the riots, then we can open back up again, right?

Pantz

Gold Member
It's a small sample pool compared to the rest of the states but Oregon hit it's highest number today of 146 new cases. Up from a recent low of 18 back on May 26th. Supposedly this is results pre-protests and could be more as a result from Memorial Day. Keeping an eye on it to see how big it spikes in the next weeks.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Welp, it finally begins.

3wzdAgf.jpg

Idiots wanted their protest, now they're going to get it. Watch thousands of people suddenly get ill or even drop dead because of Coronachan.

The danger is that these guys will be going to the grocery stores, shops, banks, etc. and getting people who were being careful sick. It's why we can't just leave it up to people's own discretion.

Willful delusion, ladies and gents. Where the ideological reasons behind failing to socially distance apparently have a bearing on whether you spread corona.

TBH, he's probably right. The virus incubates for 4-7 days, and it usually takes people 5-7 days to get sick enough to come into the hospital. IIRC, the protests started last week so it would be highly unlike an uptick on Friday would be due to those. Next Friday will be more telling.

I lost my 2nd Aunt yesterday in the space of 5 days to coronavirus. They were my dad's eldest sisters.

Its a hard loss for us because my family is all overseas in South Africa so we can't even attend their funerals.

Look after one another. Show love to your fellow neighbour and family. You don't know when you will lose that opportunity to show kindness to someone else close to your or your friend down the street.

This has to be a lesson to us all to show compassion and kindness wherever you go regardless of religion, race or background.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Norwegian scientist Birger Sørensen has claimed the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is not natural in origin. The claims by the co-author of the British-Norwegian study—published in the Quarterly Review of Biophysics—are supported by the former head of Britain’s MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove.

The study from Sørensen and British professor Angus Dalgleish show that the coronavirus's spike protein contains sequences that appear to be artificially inserted.

They also highlight the lack of mutation since its discovery, which suggests it was already fully adapted to humans. The study goes on to explain the rationale for the development of Biovacc-19, a candidate vaccine for COVID-19 that is now in advanced pre-clinical development.

Sørensen told NRK that the virus has properties that differ greatly from SARS, and which have never been detected in nature.

ZbDcWFO.gif

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Forbes is misquoting the published paper and conflating it with an interview he did. His actual published paper simply explains why he thinks current vaccines attempts will fail and why he thinks his own might succeed.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I lost my 2nd Aunt yesterday in the space of 5 days to coronavirus. They were my dad's eldest sisters.

Its a hard loss for us because my family is all overseas in South Africa so we can't even attend their funerals.

Look after one another. Show love to your fellow neighbour and family. You don't know when you will lose that opportunity to show kindness to someone else close to your or your friend down the street.

This has to be a lesson to us all to show compassion and kindness wherever you go regardless of religion, race or background.

Condolences, bro.

Ar¢tos

Genetic variations may be what causes different people to suffer from different symptoms of the coronavirus, according to a new study by European scientists, The New York Times reported.

The study, which has not been peer-reviewed yet, is the first to find a strong statistical link between genetic variations and COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus.

Variations at two spots in the human genome are associated with an increased risk of respiratory failure in COVID-19 patients, according to the study. Patients with Type A blood were linked to a 50% increase in the likelihood in needing to get oxygen or go on a ventilator, reported the Times.

Oddly enough, variations in ACE2, the protein to which the virus attaches itself on the surface of human cells, did not seem to make a difference in the severity of the virus.
So men, blood type A, bald and non-smokers are the most fucked by the virus, according to science.

JordanN

Banned
Something I've noticed about the masks: how many people are actually changing them or wearing new ones every time they go outside?

Because I was walking past a few houses the other day and saw that people left their masks hanging inside their car. That gives me the impression that people are simply reusing them. :messenger_confused:

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Something I've noticed about the masks: how many people are actually changing them or wearing new ones every time they go outside?

Because I was walking past a few houses the other day and saw that people left their masks hanging inside their car. That gives me the impression that people are simply reusing them. :messenger_confused:

No big problem with that tbh - it's about preventing movement of droplets, the expulsion at a distance. Realistically people can't afford to change them every 5 minutes, we're not in surgeries, and yeah you'll touch things and touch the mask, such is life. However, if other people aren't touching your mask then it's not too big a problem. The key thing is that you're protecting others from your droplets, and if they do the same, job done.

Well, I guess that question about outdoors infectivity will be answered in a couple of weeks. Based sjws taking one for the science.

Its less effective outdoors but that doesnt work when you are packed into the street with 10k other people shoulder to shoulder.

I hate to say it, but I think any chances of returning to pre-COVID normalcy in this calendar year just went out the window (its debatable if it was ever a possibility before)

Raven117

Gold Member
My bet is that the protests will give the bump up in cases to keep covid alive and well until fall where will get popped again with that and the flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom