• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Time stamped it.

So Texas % of positives didn't increas in May, even as testing increased. But then all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago as June started the % of positives increased along with testing. Now what happened in the last 2 weeks? hmmmm.

Consider that Texas reopened at the end of April/beginning of May I don't think the re opening lines up with the increase in %, but the riots certainly do.

But CNN and MSNBS and WAPO will tell us that its all on the church goers and people get hair cuts. The Virus is Woke and it knows to not infect any rioters.

Our beaches opened as well mang.

DeSo

Banned

You all need to get better sources.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned

You all need to get better sources.

Like the BBC lol.

But you are right CNN is flaming garbage.

Everyone knows FOX is right leaning.

Has anyone been able to explain how states that did not have a lock down in USA have lower death tolls than neighboring states that did lock down?

Because it seems like a statistic that should be plastered over every Sweden vs rest of Scandinavia discussion
probably because they are not gaint population center like Chicago and New York

Nymphae

Banned
Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-10-41-03-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-06-27-at-10-42-43-AM.png

cryptoadam

Banned

But but protest had nothing to do with it.

I wont say that young people going to bars to drink and get laid didnt play a part too but lets not be daft and pretend weeks of riots are not pushing things. At least if something happens at a bar or salon you shut it down. No one would dare suggest that these riots stop though.

milestone reached

vbvFl4e.png

plenty of hours left in the day so numbers will continue to climb for Brazil

sLaYqL4.png

here are States and Florida carrying the weight

cFceQcq.png

Joe T.

Reuters are biased and agenda driven?

Reuters is as bad as the rest. An example I'll throw behind a spoiler since we're deviating from the virus.
In a combative news conference, Trump backed off from his Monday statements explicitly denouncing the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and white supremacists for the violence that erupted at a “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, and reverted to his weekend contention that “many sides” were to blame.

Trump later said, “I think there is blame on both sides and I have no doubt about it,” adding that there were “very fine people” on both sides.

Except he did condemn them and Reuters intentionally omitted that in order to help smear Trump with a lie. Reuters has no problem joining the rags that deceive us every day. Their content needs to be viewed with as much skepticism as other major sources.

More on topic, Reuters printed this beauty in April:

To quote Sharyl Attkisson:
Reuters and other new outlets claim President Trump tapped a "former Labradoodle breeder... to lead U.S. pandemic task force." They imply the official, Brian Harrison, is unqualified and blame him for supposed slowing the U.S. coronavirus response.

The stories from multiple outlets appear on the same day.

However, Harrison never led the coronavirus task force. Additionally, while he did briefly own a family business raising Labradoodles, he has also served three administrations in high level posts and was not plucked from dog breeding obscurity to serve on the pandemic task force.

The anti-Trump news is a very real problem because it's intentionally deceiving people all over the world with stories that should never be given the green light to get published. When they do get published by a source like Reuters they get picked up by a long list of other major sources and they "flood the zone" giving the casual observer the impression that these sources can't all be wrong - except they are. Often. If you're exercising any degree of skepticism towards the news, and absolutely everyone should, then you know today's outlets have lost a great deal of credibility.

A random person with access to the internet shouldn't be able to debunk press stories from "respectable" sources in under a minute.

-----

The anti-Trump news is a very real problem because it's intentionally deceiving people all over the world with stories that should never be given the green light to get published. When they do get published by a source like Reuters they get picked up by a long list of other major sources and they "flood the zone" giving the casual observer the impression that these sources can't all be wrong - except they are. Often. If you're exercising any degree of skepticism towards the news, and absolutely everyone should, then you know today's outlets have lost a great deal of credibility.

A random person with access to the internet shouldn't be able to debunk press stories from "respectable" sources in under a minute.

I think I have learned not to trust any news media.

I watch enough Fuck China News because it entertains me to see how one sided the reports are but to be fair, them vs official news coming out of China balances out.

I can't name one news network that does not lean into one side or has no agenda. But US Mainstream News is alarmingly bad, might as well choose a youtuber that matches your way of thinking and watch that as news.

I don't think these people care that they can easily be debunked

Reuters is as bad as the rest. An example I'll throw behind a spoiler since we're deviating from the virus.

Except he did condemn them and Reuters intentionally omitted that in order to help smear Trump with a lie. Reuters has no problem joining the rags that deceive us every day. Their content needs to be viewed with as much skepticism as other major sources.

More on topic, Reuters printed this beauty in April:

To quote Sharyl Attkisson:

Seems like just a couple months ago we celebrated hitting that 1 million milestone. Great to have you back

milestone reached

vbvFl4e.png

plenty of hours left in the day so numbers will continue to climb for Brazil

sLaYqL4.png

here are States and Florida carrying the weight

cFceQcq.png

Seems like just a couple of months ago we celebrated 1 million cases. Great to have you back here with the solid updates

egocrata

Banned
I think I have learned not to trust any news media.

I watch enough Fuck China News because it entertains me to see how one sided the reports are but to be fair, them vs official news coming out of China balances out.

I can't name one news network that does not lean into one side or has no agenda. But US Mainstream News is alarmingly bad, might as well choose a youtuber that matches your way of thinking and watch that as news.

I don't think these people care that they can easily be debunked

listening to someone that you agree with already is the single worst way to understand what is going on.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I can post BBC's fact rating if you'd like

Look for the thread Evolution of the woke BBC (I’m on my phone so linking is a pain in the arse). I did some comparisons over time to show how the BBC went from showing lots of factual news on the news homepage, lots of stories to give a good solid overview, to a small number of stories and a lot of opinions with a fucktonne of “this is what you should think”.

listening to someone that you agree with already is the single worst way to understand what is going on.

agreed

My saying you may as well follow a youtuber that thinks like you, is called the easy way, most people live in that type of bubble, that is why the mainstream media gets away with such huge lies, because no one is going to challenge them on it because they love the bubble. It is hard to try to understand the other side of things for most people.

I would agree with you it would be best if you could open your mind to many different perspectives.

But I can't really agree that you'll always learn much if the person you listening to is just focused on propaganda. But if you can find someone who has a different view point and they are honestly living that and expressing that yeah you can learn and understand that perspective because that voice would come accross as natural.

It takes courage and work to step outside your bubble most people can't do it. Most people are so deep into their beliefs that it becomes their identity. You love being that person you love feeling that your ways are the right ways. It takes a lot of work to look outside of that shit you are in and see what harms you might be taking part in just because your side is right and the other side is so wrong. Yeah the bubble is easy and people shouting at you from the other side makes it easy to justify staying in that bubble.

I no longer even feel like I belong to a political party anymore, most of that change happened when I returned to NeoGAF and reading a lot of posts from the other side. I get where they are coming from.

Still I have to remain mindful that I am not so woke, and could just be resentful of some shit and could still have many blindspots.

it takes work

10 million holy shit

to be fair if China came out and said their real numbers are 10 million I would not blink an eye at this point, I would believe it.

Still for some reason seeing it as a worldwide number is still impressive just because it is amazing they are willing to test that much. In another 6 months I am not sure if this will still feel impressive.

cryptoadam

Banned
Its really funny.

I barely see anyone wearing a mask and no one bothers them. And i live in MAGA country in Canada with all our french Trump lovers....NOT.

Petey-o

FOX is biased but at least they have opposing views and are up front about their conservative bias.
Okay, so they're upfront about being garbage.

edit: Wtf America, why the fuck are people so against wearing a goddamn mask. I swear so many of you people are brainwashed.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Okay, so they're upfront about being garbage.

edit: Wtf America, why the fuck are people so against wearing a goddamn mask. I swear so many of you people are brainwashed.

Why? Because ma right to die as I see fit of course. Those fuckheads don't realize that they aren't supposed to wear masks to protect themselves, but to protect others. The result:

HPmL74f.png

US is now trending towards 500.000 deaths by corona (if a second lockdown happens NOW) by end of the year. But it's just a flu, bro. Just a flu. Annual actual flu deaths in the US: 25.000 to 50.000. Flu deaths in the US during the 1918 Spanish flu (the thing that killed 50 million people worldwide): 675.000.

And we haven't even begun to understand the longtime consequences of Covid-19. Could kill you within three years even if you only had mild symptoms, cause it's attacking EVERY SINGLE PART of the body. We have had people with the virus in their brain stem. Plus immunity through antibodies seems to be temporary for around three months. And then you can get it again. Great stuff. There's a pretty good chance that masks will be required for the rest of our lives. The only thing that keeps it in check is distance. That's why less dense states and countries are slower to be infected (but it will eventually reach everyone nevertheless). Cold doesn't kill it, heat doesn't kill it. Worldwide numbers are accelerating and could reach close to a billion infected by end of year.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't really understand how a country like India, with 1.4B people all crammed together like sardines, with a lot of very poor areas, can have only 16,000 deaths. Russia has only 9,000 deaths? It looks like they've tested really hard (128K per million population), so did they just find everyone who had it before it could spread?

Are some countries just flat out lying about their numbers, or did we pump ours up?

NoviDon

Why? Because ma right to die as I see fit of course. Those fuckheads don't realize that they aren't supposed to wear masks to protect themselves, but to protect others. The result:

HPmL74f.png

US is now trending towards 500.000 deaths by corona (if a second lockdown happens NOW) by end of the year. But it's just a flu, bro. Just a flu. Annual actual flu deaths in the US: 25.000 to 50.000. Flu deaths in the US during the 1918 Spanish flu (the thing that killed 50 million people worldwide): 675.000.

And we haven't even begun to understand the longtime consequences of Covid-19. Could kill you within three years even if you only had mild symptoms, cause it's attacking EVERY SINGLE PART of the body. We have had people with the virus in their brain stem. Plus immunity through antibodies seems to be temporary for around three months. And then you can get it again. Great stuff. There's a pretty good chance that masks will be required for the rest of our lives. The only thing that keeps it in check is distance. That's why less dense states and countries are slower to be infected (but it will eventually reach everyone nevertheless). Cold doesn't kill it, heat doesn't kill it. Worldwide numbers are accelerating and could reach close to a billion infected by end of year.
Hopefully it mutates into a weaker strand like the Spanish flu eventually. That could take months or years though. We definitely need that to happen to, because with all the anti vaxers and no mask warriors it's not gonna just end with a cure.

ManaByte

I don't really understand how a country like India, with 1.4B people all crammed together like sardines, with a lot of very poor areas, can have only 16,000 deaths. Russia has only 9,000 deaths? It looks like they've tested really hard (128K per million population), so did they just find everyone who had it before it could spread?

Are some countries just flat out lying about their numbers, or did we pump ours up?

We know for a fact the US deaths were pumped up because they were counting things like heart attacks as COVID deaths. There are lawsuits going on about that now.

cryptoadam

Banned

Too many fatties and killing old people

DrAspirino

Banned
We know for a fact the US deaths were pumped up because they were counting things like heart attacks as COVID deaths. There are lawsuits going on about that now.
The thing is that covid-19 actually covers a lot of death causes. For example, a person could effectively die of a heart attack due to covid-19, because the virus, among the classical respiratory syndrome, causes blood clots and renal failure.

So yes, if a person has diabetes, renal disease, respiratory problems, cardiac problems, obesity, hypertension and dislipidemia, it has high chances of dying from the exacerbation of those previous comorbidities..

Since the USA has one of the highest indexes of obesity and cardiovascular diseases in the world, its no surprise that the death toll there is so high.

prag16

Banned

HPmL74f.png

Is this post satire? You realize you posted a "cases" graph, not a "deaths" graph, right? Deaths are still trending down and have been for months. 500k by the end of the year? What are you smoking? Masks for the rest of our lives? Lol fuck off.

As soon as death rates weren't scary enough as they have been in decline for a while, media pivoted to using cases as their fearmongering centerpiece. Yet the people who are wise to the dishonesty going on are the ones who are brainwashed, sure. Tell yourself that.

This "long term consequence" stuff has actually fallen mostly out of the media fearmongering rotation, probably because it's so anecdotal and not proven to be widespread at all. Same with this "kawasaki-like" nonsense in kids they tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to link with COVID.

You are all useful idiots and are being played. The virus is real, but it is being taken advantage of by bad actors. Maybe it's just to hurt Trump. Maybe Bill Gates is trying to play God. Maybe something else is going on. But you even have the CDC estimating an infection fatality rate of 0.26% which is only marginally higher than the seasonal flu, and we're ready to totally destroy our way of life for this. They scared the shit out of everybody to the point that almost everybody bought in over such a short period of time.

I hadn't seen this until today, but this scientist thinks the lockdown has already caused an obscene number of deaths. I'm willing to go with Hanlon's Razor here and will not assume this was done on purpose, but as I said, nefarious interests are definitely taking advantage.

prag16

Banned
Shit I never knew Italy was part of the kill seniors program.

Maybe thats where Cuomo got the idea. Isn't he Italian?
If I recall correctly Italy was one of many places where the median age of death was firmly above the overall life expectancy. Wouldn't surprise me.

Is this post satire? You realize you posted a "cases" graph, not a "deaths" graph, right? Deaths are still trending down and have been for months. 500k by the end of the year? What are you smoking? Masks for the rest of our lives? Lol fuck off.

As soon as death rates weren't scary enough as they have been in decline for a while, media pivoted to using cases as their fearmongering centerpiece. Yet the people who are wise to the dishonesty going on are the ones who are brainwashed, sure. Tell yourself that.

This "long term consequence" stuff has actually fallen mostly out of the media fearmongering rotation, probably because it's so anecdotal and not proven to be widespread at all. Same with this "kawasaki-like" nonsense in kids they tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to link with COVID.

You are all useful idiots and are being played. The virus is real, but it is being taken advantage of by bad actors. Maybe it's just to hurt Trump. Maybe Bill Gates is trying to play God. Maybe something else is going on. But you even have the CDC estimating an infection fatality rate of 0.26% which is only marginally higher than the seasonal flu, and we're ready to totally destroy our way of life for this. They scared the shit out of everybody to the point that almost everybody bought in over such a short period of time.

You do realize that 0.26% of the American population is 858 thousands deaths ?

I hadn't seen this until today, but this scientist thinks the lockdown has already caused an obscene number of deaths. I'm willing to go with Hanlon's Razor here and will not assume this was done on purpose, but as I said, nefarious interests are definitely taking advantage.

3NnAtMd.png

Nothing says 'scientist' quite like graphs with no values on the axis that look like it's drawn by a six year old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom