• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Has anyone been paying attention to the NFL? There have been, I believe, two teams who have dealt with the rona (Patriots, Titans), but virtually every week there are other teams that get false positives in the fake tests. Just this week it was the Colts. Last week it was the Jets and Saints. The week before that it was the Texans and Vikings. Etc. They're doing tons of tests and this has been so common that it really makes me think why we never hear about this with the testing regime they've put into place.

This has been going on all season despite a major problem apparently being "fixed" in August.

Of course we know about this because these people are re-tested. Yet, how many positive cases are actually real outside of the NFL? How many "super spreader" events are just returning a bunch of false positives? Why has the media not written one word about this, considering our society is literally riding on these fake tests?

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Imagine going back in time to October 2019 and showing people this bit of Orwellian horseshit:

Seriously, imagine explaining this.

The stupidest thing is that they can't enforce it at all so it's fucking idiotic to say it's "banned".

Its basically just the government pretending to have influence and control.

They may as well say "we're banning people from thinking of the number 7". OK.

Is it really a ban if they literally do nothing to enforce it?

So sick of shit like this being framed as a "ban" on something when they haven't a hope in hell of actually stopping people from doing the thing. Nor should they!

Joe T.

Imagine going back in time to October 2019 and showing people this bit of Orwellian horseshit:

Seriously, imagine explaining this.

These orders and the uncritical news stories around them serve as conditioning for the sheep. Anyone that doesn't resist that garbage is hopelessly lost.

Quebec has a somewhat similar order in place where you're simply not allowed to invite anyone over to your private residence for any purpose unless it's an emergency/necessity, police handed the option to request warrants in minutes should they get word that you're not abiding by those rules. My family and friends definitely aren't following it and the reporting that claims thousands of people have called the police on their neighbors already is just comedy.

banning sex!?

tenor.gif

Gp1

215 days at sea
32424356.jpg

"As COVID-19 made frequent port visits unsafe, Stout competed the first modern Mid-Deployment Voyage Repair (MDVR) period at sea, spending a week executing scheduled maintenance and preservation to maintain mission readiness while deployed. Throughout the deployment, Stout’s technicians executed depot-level repairs on vital engineering and combat systems equipment."

Joe T.

Another legal victory against government measures, this time in Germany:

• Court noted infections in Germany stem from beyond food and drink industry
  • It said closing bars would be a 'disproportionate encroachment on freedoms'
  • It comes after Angela Merkel warned the country was heading for 'disaster'
German authorities must now decide if they want to take the issue to a higher court to force bars and restaurants to close.

CloudNull

Banned
It has now been over a month since Sweden saw in uptick of Covid Cases but yet the deaths have not moved. Still flat lined. How much longer do we need to wait? Oh and before you bring up the Netherlands their deaths are increasing, same with Germany, and Russia.

rJKd1XB.png

RsjOeI7.png

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
I feel like the whole narrative is falling apart. Bidens emails and the Covid scam show just how far they have gone to try and control us.

Not to mention the fact a 80 year old carrot got it and was better in 3 days. People don’t want to admit that they were wrong but there is only so much more evidence. We as a country fucked up.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Numbers appear to be rising again? back to ~70k daily cases / ~1k deaths last couple of days..

Last edited:
Also, looks like Nick Saban got a false positive too

Why isn’t anyone talking about this!
I’ve noticed the relatively surprising number of false positives. In the NFL the have a relatively small number of positive tests to begin with. Of those positives, definitely more than 10% have appeared to be false positives based on retesting. I am a bit surprised nobody ever talks about the implications of that for the broader public.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I’ve noticed the relatively surprising number of false positives. In the NFL the have a relatively small number of positive tests to begin with. Of those positives, definitely more than 10% have appeared to be false positives based on retesting. I am a bit surprised nobody ever talks about the implications of that for the broader public.

I think it’s far more than 10% considering we hear about the positive tests because the teams have to put the player on a list, shut down facilities, etc. I think it’s more like 50%-70% honestly. We will see as the season goes on but to date the only team with a significant number of “real” cases was the Titans yet a quarter of the league has gotten false positives.

But we only know this because these people are closely tracked both by the media and the tests, most people with a positive test just get told to stay home and get harassed by the government in the form of “contact tracing”.

It is interesting how every the there is a sort of closed form, unintentional experiment WRT Rona, the scenario is never near the doomsday that Fauci, Gates, the media, Cuomo , etc claim. Everyone has forgotten about Diamond Princess for example, where the virus basically burned out at 20% prevalence and about .38% of infections died (all but one over 70). But here we see what hunks of shit the tests are, but lets keep using them to destroy society.

Last edited:

o__O

The solidarity trial is yet another instance where they go in with no control group, no placebo group, no diagnostic confirmation of infection to begin with, and then declare facts about a drug based on their shoddy methodology.

It is being trashed pretty heavily by people who do this job for a living, but I guess it got the media their headlines, so it served its purpose.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

So sick of this "going to look different this year!" nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The US mortality rate from COVID-19 is now the worst among the developed world, after being lower than many other badly affected countries early on.

Early in the outbreak, the U.S. mortality rate from Covid-19 was lower than in many other hard-hit countries, including the U.K., Spain and the Netherlands, according to the report Monday in the Journal of the American Medical Association. But as spring turned to summer, the U.S. largely failed to embrace public-health and policy measures that have helped other countries reduce death rates.

If U.S. deaths after May 10 had occurred at the same pace as in Spain, the U.S. mortality rate would be 47% lower, with 93,247 fewer people dying, the report found. More than 100,000 fewer Americans would have died if the U.S. had the same mortality rate as the Netherlands.

The U.S. leads the world in total coronavirus deaths, with 214,776 as of Monday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

I fear this dance will continue until there's a safe vaccine and more effective treatments are developed or discovered. For some reason so many Americans continue to refuse to do something as trivial as wearing a mask, while our federal government still doesn't have a solid contact tracing program (unless you work in the White House).

The US mortality rate from COVID-19 is now the worst among the developed world, after being lower than many other badly affected countries early on.

America was doing awesome from May 10th (the date arbitrarily picked by the Bloomberg article) until the week of June 8th or so. What could possible have happened around May 25th that changed things?

But I'd bet BadBurger is so proud to find an article that he can use to blame Trump and the US as a whole, instead of the part of the population who decided COVID response wasn't important anymore. At least up until they can write articles like this one.

This is especially rich coming from someone who used to swear that death rate was irrelevant.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Also, looks like Nick Saban got a false positive too

Why isn’t anyone talking about this!

it’s bullshit this isn’t covered more. Regular people aren’t tested multiple times across days. High profile athletes or coaches do under their covid protocols and there’s been multiple false positives with little coverage.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This won't come as a surprise to most: Study: Heightened susceptibility to misinformation linked to reduced mask wearing and social distancing

The abstract begins with "Misinformation about COVID-19 is a major threat to public health."

People with a poor understanding of quantitative information are more likely to endorse myths about COVID-19 and those who believe such misinformation are less likely to follow public health guidance such as wearing a mask in public, according to new research. The study appears in the journal Royal Society Open Science.
“Misinformation has been one of the major focal points of our research since early 2018. Misinformation about COVID-19 has rapidly become a significant problem, with the WHO declaring an ‘infodemic’ and people setting fire to mobile phone masts because of conspiracies surrounding 5G networks,”
The most consistent predictor of susceptibility to COVID-19 misinformation, however, was performance on the numeracy tests. Those tests did “not merely measure mathematical ability” but instead assessed “the ability of individuals to understand and use quantitative information more broadly,” the researchers noted.
The study, “Susceptibility to misinformation about COVID-19 around the world“, was authored by Jon Roozenbeek, Claudia R. Schneider, Sarah Dryhurst, John Kerr, Alexandra L. J. Freeman, Gabriel Recchia, Anne Marthe van der Bles and Sander van der Linden.

The journal article is pretty short (as far as they go) and the information presented clearly. What I found interesting was that a conservative political association didn't increase susceptibility to misinformation in the UK or US, but it did in every other country included in the study. Yet in the US an aversion to mask wearing, refusal to socially distance, and a rejection of clear and obvious data regarding the viruses spread, are all things that are only endorsed by the conservative party here in the 'States.

cryptoadam

Banned
This won't come as a surprise to most: Study: Heightened susceptibility to misinformation linked to reduced mask wearing and social distancing

The abstract begins with "Misinformation about COVID-19 is a major threat to public health."

The journal article is pretty short (as far as they go) and the information presented clearly. What I found interesting was that a conservative political association didn't increase susceptibility to misinformation in the UK or US, but it did in every other country included in the study. Yet in the US an aversion to mask wearing, refusal to socially distance, and a rejection of clear and obvious data regarding the viruses spread, are all things that are only endorsed by the conservative party here in the 'States.

lol dude.

85% of infected people wear a mask according to the CDC.

Just a few post above you there is video of leftist woman march with no social distance.

Its a virus good luck with controlling it. Its coming back hard in Europe and Canada.

US high deaths is most likely due to being an unhealthy fat country. There was a study a few months ago that said age and health is the determining factor in mortality and not lockdowns.

Just listen to Cuomo who said fear of the virus is worse than the virus itself and its the same thing as the flu.

diffusionx

Gold Member

how is it misinformation if it’s true lmao

Chaplain

"Wuhan, the city at the center of the coronavirus pandemic, had the most tourists of any Chinese city during a public holiday in October. Wuhan is overcoming its pandemic past and benefiting from its hero-city status to become a top travel destination." (10/17/20)

Kenpachii

"Wuhan, the city at the center of the coronavirus pandemic, had the most tourists of any Chinese city during a public holiday in October. Wuhan is overcoming its pandemic past and benefiting from its hero-city status to become a top travel destination." (10/17/20)

Hope the goverment over there farms a lot of money, won't take long before west is going to seize China's assets world wide when right wings get into power.

FireFly

The solidarity trial is yet another instance where they go in with no control group, no placebo group, no diagnostic confirmation of infection to begin with, and then declare facts about a drug based on their shoddy methodology.

It is being trashed pretty heavily by people who do this job for a living, but I guess it got the media their headlines, so it served its purpose.
There is a control group, but it consists of those receiving the standard treatment, rather than nothing, since it would be unethical not to treat coronavirus patients. As I understand it the hospitals themselves are responsible for making the diagnosis of a coronavirus infection, as it is an opt-in trial. If there are significant methodological flaws, they should be detected when the study is peer reviewed for publication in a medical journal.

Jezbollah

Job losses as a direct result of the decision by the Northern Ireland Government to enforce a ultra draconian lockdown.

And after, when the blame game starts, the Northern Ireland Government will blame it on the UK Government by not providing enough financial support to Northern Ireland.

That is the state of the politics of COVID19 in the UK at the moment. Scoring political points is a bigger priority to managing this pandemic.

Jezbollah

I got to speak to my friend's eldest daughter yesterday (a Nurse). Shes already given some really good insight into how they've dealt with Covid (that I've posted here before). Shes told me the same as this trend - the hospital admissions down south is minimal. The three biggest hospitals in Essex have around 40 patients each. Well under capacity. And in all the cases she has seen, the treatment framework means much, much greater rate of recovery, with a fraction of more invasive treatment required compared to the big outbreak earlier ths year. She believes the big concern at the moment at a high level is getting both Covid and Flu at the same time - that could fuck you up (in her own words).

So worth it to get a flu jab in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom