• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

But, but...overburdened hospitals, no space in ICU’s. The suuuuurge is coming!
Depending on where you're at, it is. Here in southwest Michigan we're getting pretty fucked up.

But it's more than just bed capacity - it's staffing. When the Eastern side of the state was getting hit hard last Spring, nurses and doctors from other parts were able to come in temporarily. When every place is getting hit hard, there's not much extra to go around.

I'm not some "doom poster". I still go to the gym 5 days a week, have my Kindergartener attend a program for his education with a bunch of other kids since the schools are closed, and I'm one of just a few at my office choosing to work on-site.

But I'm not an idiot or Covid denier, either. I do the mask shit and have avoided gathering with older and fat friends and family. Haven't seen my dad since father's day (he's really healthy, but is almost 70 and has had blood clotting issues in his leg. Haven't seen my mom since March (she's 63, has emphysema and COPD).

There's nothing cool about trying to downplay any of this shit, but there's little constructive to letting it consume you. But there's also no reason to sugarcoat this shit unless you have some weird agenda or are comforted by your own distortion of reality.

Our government's lack of response is fucked. Our social safety net is a joke.
Our hospitals are getting beaten down.
People are getting sick and dying.

"Protect the vulnerable" is as useless a meme as the Republicans mantra of "repeal and replace" of Obamacare. It's a sentiment that sounds fine, but backed up by empty platitudes and pedalled by those who will be fine either way.

At least there's light at the end of this tunnel with all the vaccine and immunity news coming out.
Life goes on.

Depending on where you're at, it is. Here in southwest Michigan we're getting pretty fucked up.

But it's more than just bed capacity - it's staffing. When the Eastern side of the state was getting hit hard last Spring, nurses and doctors from other parts were able to come in temporarily. When every place is getting hit hard, there's not much extra to go around.

I'm not some "doom poster". I still go to the gym 5 days a week, have my Kindergartener attend a program for his education with a bunch of other kids since the schools are closed, and I'm one of just a few at my office choosing to work on-site.

But I'm not an idiot or Covid denier, either. I do the mask shit and have avoided gathering with older and fat friends and family. Haven't seen my dad since father's day (he's really healthy, but is almost 70 and has had blood clotting issues in his leg. Haven't seen my mom since March (she's 63, has emphysema and COPD).

There's nothing cool about trying to downplay any of this shit, but there's little constructive to letting it consume you. But there's also no reason to sugarcoat this shit unless you have some weird agenda or are comforted by your own distortion of reality.

Our government's lack of response is fucked. Our social safety net is a joke.
Our hospitals are getting beaten down.
People are getting sick and dying.

"Protect the vulnerable" is as useless a meme as the Republicans mantra of "repeal and replace" of Obamacare. It's a sentiment that sounds fine, but backed up by empty platitudes and pedalled by those who will be fine either way.

At least there's light at the end of this tunnel with all the vaccine and immunity news coming out.
Life goes on.
I generally agree with most of what you're saying. But "protect the vulnerable" isn't some meme. You're literally doing it yourself, so I don't know why you would think that.

Last edited:

turnbuckle

I generally agree with most of what you're saying. But "protect the vulnerable" isn't some meme. You're literally doing it yourself, so I don't know why you would think that.

It's a meme as a strategy.
Individually we can do this, but as a policy it's as empty as the unenforceable mask mandates. If it's what we're already doing, why do people keep parroting that's what we should have been doing? If it's what we're already doing, why are so many thousands a day still dying?

It's a meme. It's a meaningless mantra because it's already what common sense people are doing. I see a lot of those vulnerable at Trump rallies, and a lot of encouragement from Covid deniers for them.

It's so disingenuous. Many of the same people calling for that "strategy" root for a guy telling these vulnerable that they're not.

It's a meme. A useless deflection in place of a real response.

turnbuckle

Guys, we've got to protect the vulnerable. It's the only way to get through this. Life has to go on.

In the next breath:

Fuck what ya heard - I'm seeing my family for the holidays. Fuckin sheep.

Guys, we've got to protect the vulnerable. It's the only way to get through this. Life has to go on.

In the next breath:

I mean it’s still just a recommendation. The vulnerable still get a choice here. If they want to shoulder the risks, so be it. People should be going into these interactions with open eyes. It is a problem when people think “oh there’s no risk” or “it’s just a hoax”. No there is risk. People shouldn’t be deluded about that. But they should be allowed to take on that risk if they choose to. Much like choosing to smoke or get fat. Health choices should be up to the individual.

turnbuckle

Am I reading this wrong?
To me this reads that a strict lockdown was most effective in containing the virus.

After testing 9 million people, there were 0 symptomatic cases and 300 asymptomatic ones.

Since it's been repeated here often that there's some prevalence in "false positives", particularly in asymptomatic cases, I could be convinced that those 300/9,000,000 positives were false.

What am I missing?

And no, I'm not calling out for some Wuhan style lockdown.

But how is this showing their lockdown wasn't effective?

Saruhashi

Banned
Italy and France both have mask mandates and their cases and deaths keep going up.

Oh well the problem isn't the masks, its the people who don't obey. Just ignore that it keeps failing to prevent spread and double down on them. Make sure you wear your mask you pulled off the floor of you car that you have worn for a week straight. And best mask usuage is to have it around your chin 90% of the time and make sure you touch it over and over again.

Said it from the beginning that there was not enough information being put out there to ensure that masks would be successful.

Just assume that the public are really dumb and then lay everything out in plain and simple terms.

What is a mask?
What is it made of and how does it fit?
How many do you need for say a week?
How do you clean them and how often?
How do you safely dispose of them?
When is it time to get new masks?

Where are masks available and what brands etc are officially endorsed by governments or healthcare organizations?

Some dirty bastard at the office keeps leaving their, presumably used, mask in the mail area and you'd assume thats a huge risk but nobody seems to care that much. Isn't it basically a potentially covid contaminated rag that some asshole has decided to just leave lying around?

If somone doesn't have a mask or lost their mask is there somewhere they can just get a free and effective mask?

"Just wear a fucking mask" doesn't cover it. Getting to the stage now where its cold in a lot of the western world and people will be covering nose and mouth with scarf and snood etc but those don't count right? Or do they?

The number of people I see going around wearing a mask but with their nose not covered is fucking hilarious.

So like you have these mask mandates that are supposedly the most important thing ever but also they cannot be arsed to actually properly inform the public.

We have 24 hour news channels but they can't dedicate loads of time to just properly and constantly informing the public?

"Just wear a mask! It's the most important thing you can do right now!"

OK. I hear ya but honestly I still have a ton of questions here. Materials. Disposal. Effectiveness. Possible negative or counter productive effects.

"LOL OMG these Covid deniers am I right? Shut up and just wear a mask! It's science."

Said it from the beginning that there was not enough information being put out there to ensure that masks would be successful.

Just assume that the public are really dumb and then lay everything out in plain and simple terms.

What is a mask?

Where are masks available and what brands etc are officially endorsed by governments or healthcare organizations?

Some dirty bastard at the office keeps leaving their, presumably used, mask in the mail area and you'd assume thats a huge risk but nobody seems to care that much. Isn't it basically a potentially covid contaminated rag that some asshole has decided to just leave lying around?

If somone doesn't have a mask or lost their mask is there somewhere they can just get a free and effective mask?

"Just wear a fucking mask" doesn't cover it. Getting to the stage now where its cold in a lot of the western world and people will be covering nose and mouth with scarf and snood etc but those don't count right? Or do they?

The number of people I see going around wearing a mask but with their nose not covered is fucking hilarious.

So like you have these mask mandates that are supposedly the most important thing ever but also they cannot be arsed to actually properly inform the public.

We have 24 hour news channels but they can't dedicate loads of time to just properly and constantly informing the public?

OK. I hear ya but honestly I still have a ton of questions here. Materials. Disposal. Effectiveness. Possible negative or counter productive effects.

"LOL OMG these Covid deniers am I right? Shut up and just wear a mask! It's science."
This is 100% the truth for the mask debates. Some masks work all the time. Some are good some of the time. Some are useless. They all need to be worn properly and clean or disposed of appropriately. A dollar store mask is not going to do any good for anybody and believing that they’re a damn hazmat suit is going to actually make things worse.

You’re right that you would think the news pushing this shit would take a few minutes every hour to inform people about this if they actually gave a damn about helping people.

turnbuckle

I mean it’s still just a recommendation. The vulnerable still get a choice here. If they want to shoulder the risks, so be it. People should be going into these interactions with open eyes. It is a problem when people think “oh there’s no risk” or “it’s just a hoax”. No there is risk. People shouldn’t be deluded about that. But they should be allowed to take on that risk if they choose to. Much like choosing to smoke or get fat. Health choices should be up to the individual.

It's messy. I don't really agree, but if pressed on it I'd certainly agree with components of it.

I mean, I'm doing all the things a vulnerable person shouldn't be doing so it's easy for me to say "freedom of choice". I'm in good shape with a secure job and a kid who I couldn't imagine forcing home schooling on.

It's just a lot of do as I say, not as I do. And the lack of a focused strategy and government support means that "choice" is stripped from many who should take it. Both my parents are considered "working poor" (my dad makes less than minimum wage...) and without assistance they're both still working. Scares the shit out of me, especially my mom (greeter at Meijer) who comes in contact with people every day.

It's hard for us all out there and I don't begrudge anyone against lockdowns for legitimate reasons (economic, mental health, children, etc). But people lose me when they pull their tinfoil nonsense. Especially those who I know don't believe it, but hope to convince others like this is some kind of team sport. Anything to own the libs

Saruhashi

Banned

In the next breath:

OK. That's a fair point but why doesn't the family have the choice to say "yes we will take the risk" or "no you cannot visit us"?

Again, there is a responsibility to inform the public instead of trying to shame or mock or berate them.

"Yes you can go drinking with your buddies and go shopping etc but if you are doing that then you MUST be careful and not visit grandma."

People will ignore the rules anyway but if you can get a clear message across on how to actually and competently protect the elderly then maybe people will follow the steps.

Just think about how many lives we would have saved if we could have just cut the covid deaths of people older than 75 in half.

Yet we are in this weird spot where people are not allowed to go to restaurants and need to wear masks everywhere but grandma caught covid at the nursing home and died anyway.

Or everything is locked down but granny needs her groceries and the government never bothered to implement a safe ordering and delivery service for the elderly so I have to do it myself and go and buy the stuff and bring it over to her and ... oops.

Lockdowns don't work if the elderly have no choice but to shuffle round to the supermarket that sees thousands of people every day going thorough and touching everything etc. Sure you and I might get lucky and be one of those asymptomatic cases but if some 80 year old needs to go to the supermarket once a week with the rest of us then they are fucked.

So the next logical step is OK we need to have everyone stay home and we'll have the government deliver one food package to each home once per week. We know exactly what demographic is dying though. So we just do that for them and we can cut those deaths right down.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's a meme as a strategy.
Individually we can do this, but as a policy it's as empty as the unenforceable mask mandates. If it's what we're already doing, why do people keep parroting that's what we should have been doing? If it's what we're already doing, why are so many thousands a day still dying?

It's a meme. It's a meaningless mantra because it's already what common sense people are doing. I see a lot of those vulnerable at Trump rallies, and a lot of encouragement from Covid deniers for them.

It's so disingenuous. Many of the same people calling for that "strategy" root for a guy telling these vulnerable that they're not.

It's a meme. A useless deflection in place of a real response.

Well those people at Trump rallies are, you know, human beings that can make their own decisions. I don't think Cuomo or Whitmer has any more right to tell a 75 year old they can't go outside than they have a right to tell me that. Point is we have enough data to know who the at-risk are, and the focus should be on making sure they have the resources and we don't put policies into place that put them directly in harm's way, as Cuomo did in the spring.

If a 75 year old wants to see their family for the holidays that is their prerogative, I would rather see my family and have a good time during Thanksgiving and die 3 weeks later than be locked inside an old folks home with uncaring staff and total isolation indefinitely.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned

What is a mask?

When I went to the hospital and clinic they forced me to wear a brand new mask handed to me with tweezers. Even if i had a mask i had to take a new one.

If you want mask mandates it should at least be like that where single use masks are given anytime you enter into a place..

But nah wear panties on your face and call it a day.

Saruhashi

Banned
So how did those 300 get infected ? Or for that matter, how did Trump get infected if people without symptoms cannot infect others ?

It's a good question. What are your thoughts?

If coughing and sneezing are symptoms and also the main way that the virus spreads then what really is going on with the idea that asymptomatic spread is as big of an issue.

It seems like someone without symptoms would have to be in very close and extended contact with other individuals to be able to spread anything.

I would like to see a lot more data on the actual causes of spread and infection.

cryptoadam

Banned
But OTOH CDC just said yesterday asymptomatic spread is a big thing

But a few days before that nature said estimating is difficult.

Anyways china tested 10 million people in 10 days lol. Sure Jan.gif

• LOL
Reactions: CZY

WoJ

In the next breath:

So here is my response to this. My father in law had a heart attack last summer. Is a smoker. Just had a kidney removed because there was a possible cancerous growth on it (turned out to be benign) this past Tuesday. He had his prostate removed for prostate cancer a decade ago. He's 63 years old and even though he's not over 70, I'd say he's in the high risk group. Especially coming off of surgery. Because he just had this surgery we decided to not get together this year as a family in case someone were asymptomatic and could transmit COVID to him. I haven't gone to visit him post surgery, but if I did I would wear a mask (even though I hate masks and think cloth masks do little to nothing) out of respect for him. The decisions that myself and our family are making around being careful around how often and how we interact with him are protecting the vulnerable. He is also staying home and not going out unless absolutely necessary. HE is making that choice though.

My parents are 67 years old and in good health from a height/weight standpoint, but have high blood pressure and cholesterol (genetics, not from diet or obesity). They believe the risk to them is very low and have gone about their business as normal as they can. They hate masks but aren't science deniers. Heck, my mother probably knows more about masks and their effectiveness than most of the people talking in the public about them because she spent her career in a hospital and the last decade of her career working for the Department of Homeland Security analyzing biological weapons in labs. She thinks the response to COVID is over the top and ridiculous and believes her and my dad's risk factors are low enough to live their life as normal as possible. I don't see anything wrong with this choice and can't really fault them for doing so.

My mother-in-law literally calls my wife two or three times a week with some COVID related story. It's either "you're not going to believe these people I saw in public not wearing masks", or "Do you remember so and so? Well, they're big Trump supporters and they got COVID. Serves them right!" or "I saw on the news that 250,000 people have died! Well at least we got Trump out of office, things will get better!". I'm not exaggerating. This is how she is looking at COVID. She thinks masks will save us all.

I use these three examples to point the various viewpoints we have in the world on COVID. At the end of the day, people have to make choices. If the government came out and said "Hey, here are the death rates of COVID by age group. Here are the other health conditions that make you high risk. We are closing large gatherings until we have a better sense of this virus. The vulnerable should self isolate and here are the recommendations we have to help protect them" I'd be more open to all this.

Instead we have these universal mask mandates that are now asking people to wear masks in their own home, outside, and while playing football games in some places. It's not in any way framed "this virus is deadly to select people, these are things we need to do to keep them safe". It's framed as "this is the black plague". Maybe it's different other places, I am basing my opinion on what I see from leftists like my MIL (who in general is grossly uninformed on how anything in the world works), my governor, and the data and facts coming out of places like NY and Sweden.

If maybe we were empowered to protect the vulnerable instead of treated like children and scolded people wouldn't be so resistant to everything.

WoJ

But OTOH CDC just said yesterday asymptomatic spread is a big thing

But a few days before that nature said estimating is difficult.

Anyways china tested 10 million people in 10 days lol. Sure Jan.gif

Forgive me if I am skeptical of the CDC. What's the study that now supports this? They now say masks help prevent you from catching COVID too? I'm not saying it's NOT true. But it seems all the evidence points to the contrary, especially the Danish mask study. Didn't the WHO say a couple months ago that asymptomatic transmission is very rare? What have they found that is different and caused that conclusion to change? Where are the actual studies and science that support this? Or are they just throwing darts at the wall to try and find answers that support the rise in cases we are seeing?

When I see articles like this and have questions about them people automatically go to "SCIENCE DENIER!!!!!" No, not at all. But when you keep changing course on what does work vs. what doesn't work and offer nothing to support that I get skeptical when it impacts my day to day life the way COVID has. I realize science evolves and changes over time, and that could very well be the case here. But if that is the case then we the public deserve to see "the science" since it is guiding our "leaders" to make life altering decisions that impact everyone in society in extremely negative ways.

It's a good question. What are your thoughts?

I think it's important to distinguish between presymptomatic and asymptomatic patients even though you cannot tell them apart from how they look or even with a PCR test. Everyone who becomes symptomatic has been most contagious for the 2 or 3 days before when the shedding of viral particles is at its highest. They have no symptoms but will still cough and sneeze regularly like anyone and things like singing or loud talking increase their infectiousnesss greatly. If symptoms occur there is less virus produced but spread more actively through constant coughing.

And for a lot of people the symptoms never come and after that period of a few days the disease gets dealt with by the body and they stop being a danger of infection. These people will keep testing positive on a PCR test for a week or two, your typical asymptomatic case.

At the Trump events they used Abbott fast testing which should be able to detect people who are in the contagious presymptomatic stage. Either it was a false negative or maybe too much time had passed between the test and that person meeting Trump and their level of infection had increased.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Am I reading this wrong?
To me this reads that a strict lockdown was most effective in containing the virus.

After testing 9 million people, there were 0 symptomatic cases and 300 asymptomatic ones.

Since it's been repeated here often that there's some prevalence in "false positives", particularly in asymptomatic cases, I could be convinced that those 300/9,000,000 positives were false.

What am I missing?

And no, I'm not calling out for some Wuhan style lockdown.

But how is this showing their lockdown wasn't effective?

It goes well beyond the lock down.

First, you have to ask yourself: do I trust the reporting? The math is impossible, that they'd only find 300 asymptomatic cases out of 9 to 11M people in the span of 10 to 19 days (those numbers varied from source to source which in itself raises questions). Let's forget that for now because this is focusing on the close contacts of those asymptomatic cases.

If you do believe it then lock downs are irrelevant because the big takeaway is that Fauci and the WHO were right about asymptomatic spread not driving/fueling pandemics, this virus included. A reminder:

If asymptomatic people aren't driving this virus then why are masks mandated? Why are we pushing social distancing so hard? Why were/are so many businesses closed?

Sweden broke from global conformity (and were smeared for it), photos and videos out of there these last few months make the place look like pre-pandemic days. They didn't get overwhelmed by the virus. Their positive test results are spiking like everyone else, but that's the point: they're living a fairly normal life while much of the rest of the world is masked up and social distanced. So why can't we do what they're doing if the end result is the same?

The tests are the root problem of this fear campaign. The mainstream media refuses to spend much time talking about how they're hyper-sensitive and shouldn't be used to detect infectious cases. That info stays buried if not outright hidden from view. NYT wrote an article about it in summer and the fact checkers came out to try spinning it as if it was misinterpreted. Except that view's been held by a long list of doctors and scientists around the world, Pfizer's former chief scientist Mike Yeadon being the most recent example.

cryptoadam

Banned
Wait no one remembers this from 2018? I sure as hell don't. 42% increase, over 60K deaths for the second time in history.

qGV089J.jpg

qGV089J.jpg

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's just bizarre. Governments have literally stripped us of all our rights, indefinitely, and we are the crazy ones for pointing it out.

South Australia was going to put 1.7 million people under essentially house arrest based on the testimony of ONE GUY. No overrun hospitals, no dead in the street, just one guy. No trial, no oversight, no discussion... but I am unhinged for questioning this.

And now they are getting ready to say, well if you want your rights back you need to take this rushed vaccine, or constantly take this bogus test that has been misused for 8 months.

Last edited:
I have stopped posting about this for a while as it is so obvious that this is not about health issues and are just going round in circles debating the neverending and constantly changing narritive that is fed to us by the controllers of the main media outlets.

The smell and feel of corruption with this and society in general is so thick that i could almost scrape it from the screen and stick it on a slice of toast. I think corruption has become so normalised that many can't even see it for what it is or maybe feel powerless to do something about it.

The world is run by criminals, there is no 2 ways about it and the only way i see out of it is for people to take the time to educate themselves (knowledge is power after all) outwith the mainstream outlets as they will continue to feed you a double helping of fear, paranoia and general despair. If people were to abandon there screens for a month and go out in nature they would start to see...where is the pandemic?...it literally exists on a screen. The tv was the greatest weapon (although it is a double edge sword) ever invented and it's sitting in everyone's living space feeding there minds with a series of hypothetical 'what if's?' most of which never materialise, but as long as your invested in them it's job done.

I can't remember off the top of my head (Warhol?) whose quote this is but...'the revolution will not be televised'...could not agree more.

Confirmed today from my test I have the Rona. I'm free to go about my business as normal in 2 days because of the date of very first symptoms. Possible my symptoms will linger even after I'm cleared based on how I'm feeling and from that I can see how some "never recover".

Confirmed today from my test I have the Rona. I'm free to go about my business as normal in 2 days because of the date of very first symptoms. Possible my symptoms will linger even after I'm cleared based on how I'm feeling and from that I can see how some "never recover".
I hope you make a quick recovery from the illness you are experincing. You should be fine though if you are under 60 and generally healthly....i mean you are taking time out to post about your illness....anytime i've had a bad cold or flu i'm in bed sweating my tits off feeling near deaths door and really don't have the energy or willpower to communicate with the outside world.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Destroying hundreds of small businesses on the basis of a bogus PCR test that doesn't tell them what they claim it does, the business owners have absolutely no relief in all of this and no say. They don't even know that restaurants are the problem, they're just firing blindly. THIS IS INSANE.

Last edited:

santos287

Banned
I was banned for calling Covid-19 a setup for the great reset .. that even Time magazine now put into their magazine article .. I need the mod here to apologies to me. And restore my account. Can a mod contact me to explain what the tyrant did?

WoJ

It's just bizarre. Governments have literally stripped us of all our rights, indefinitely, and we are the crazy ones for pointing it out.

South Australia was going to put 1.7 million people under essentially house arrest based on the testimony of ONE GUY. No overrun hospitals, no dead in the street, just one guy. No trial, no oversight, no discussion... but I am unhinged for questioning this.

And now they are getting ready to say, well if you want your rights back you need to take this rushed vaccine, or constantly take this bogus test that has been misused for 8 months.

This is the thing that gets me. If you had told ANYONE on this forum (and anywhere in the world) a year ago that what has gone on since March would have happened and been accepted by so many as the right thing to do or "normal" people would have said you were a conspiracy theorist.

When you factor in the oversensitive tests, the death rates of the elderly, how many deaths in general have occurred in nursing homes, the incentives that exist to pump up the numbers, the economic and social impact of lockdowns and shutting schools down, the role protests have played directly and indirectly, the fact that this virus is especially harmful to the sick or unhealthy vs healthy.....there are so many questions and reasons to challenge why we are handling COVID the way we are. Then mix in how the CDC and WHO continually change their guidance and don't really provide us with any information as to why except "just because", and you have world leaders who are literally going against the science and claiming they are following the science as they continue to lockdown, how are people questioning this the crazy ones? There are so many things that go into COVID if you really take the time to dive into it. Questioning the societal approach is arguably more sane than just toeing the company line here.

It isn't dismissive to question the approach we have taken. There are other impacts to the COVID response that many of us (myself included) feel outweigh the actual cost of COVID itself. For all Trump's fault, when this all started one of the first things he said was "the cure can't be worse than the disease". When you factor in the economic and social costs we have implemented on society and government leaders showing no willingness to pivot despite new information, I have no doubt in my mind we have made things much worse than we needed to.

That isn't to say there aren't steps and precautions to take to manage COVID. To be clear I support protecting the vulnerable and elderly. But they also have a responsibility, especially in developed nations, to protect themselves to some extent. If you are at risk use a grocery delivery service instead of going to the store and stay home. Don't go out to eat. Shop on amazon instead of going to the local store. But we have all been forced into those precautions whether we want to or not. Doubling down on them and scolding people for not wearing masks (even though everyone is) and other things is silliness and the ultimate hubris of elected officials.

I hope and pray the will of the people shifts to getting past this. It's the only way these elected officials will be held accountable.

WoJ

Destroying hundreds of small businesses on the basis of a bogus PCR test that doesn't tell them what they claim it does, the business owners have absolutely no relief in all of this and no say. They don't even know that restaurants are the problem, they're just firing blindly. THIS IS INSANE.

It's the ultimate hubris. We are trying to control something we literally can't. And unfortunately the people making the rules still think they can.

I was banned for calling Covid-19 a setup for the great reset .. that even Time magazine now put into their magazine article .. I need the mod here to apologies to me. And restore my account. Can a mod contact me to explain what the tyrant did?

Yeah the bbc in the uk ran an article today trying to debunk the 'theories' that the 2 are connected...they even put a red stamp saying 'no evidence' as if that somehow puts an end to it. This from an organsation known to support war criminals (Blair) and coverup and protect pedophiles (saville) amongst many other scandals that they are linked to. The front page of the bbc on any given day is a smorgasboard of social engineering and propoganda telling the masses what to think, how to act and generally trying to shape perceptions of your world view. They want you to pay a yearly fee for there bs as well...it's laughable

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

please do explain to us in detail what is meant by great reset

Joe T.

0dd4ldg48q061.jpg

please do explain to us in detail what is meant by great reset

sinnergy

If the vaccine is safe and effective... I am all right with this.
Bitching on everything, but when there is a vaccine, that’s made in 1 year , which normally takes years and years to test , you are willing to take it? Something into your body that could show The repercussions only after maybe decades 🤣🤡

prag16

Banned
Bitching on everything, but when there is a vaccine, that’s made in 1 year , which normally takes years and years to test , you are willing to take it? Something into your body that could show The repercussions only after maybe decades 🤣🤡
I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

Jezbollah

70% doesnt sound much on paper (especially compared to the rest of the vaccines) but if it hits 90% on a booster, this vaccine will be the one that ends this pandemic.

The others, while more effective, are more expensive and require a massive amount of logistics to get to it's location. This one is much cheap and can be easily transported globally.

Chittagong

Gold Member

70% doesnt sound much on paper (especially compared to the rest of the vaccines) but if it hits 90% on a booster, this vaccine will be the one that ends this pandemic.

The others, while more effective, are more expensive and require a massive amount of logistics to get to it's location. This one is much cheap and can be easily transported globally.

Something weird about those results. It’s only 60% effective if you get two full doses but 90% effective if you get a half dose and full dose.

Really makes it hard to pick one

Moderna / Pfizer
+ 95% effective
+ Probably works faster on first dose
- Less available in UK
- Never before used RNA tech

AstraZeneca
+ Old, known tech so less chance of zombie apocalypse
+ Very available in the UK
- Less effective
- Probably works slower with first dose being a half one

Last edited:

Jezbollah

I think it comes down to the type of approach. I read that you have one full shot first, then a double shot two weeks after. Will still be more available and cheaper than 1 shot of the Modena/Pfizer. either way I know which one we'll likely get, due to $$$s.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I think it comes down to the type of approach. I read that you have one full shot first, then a double shot two weeks after. Will still be more available and cheaper than 1 shot of the Modena/Pfizer. either way I know which one we'll likely get, due to $$$s.

Should be free whichever one it is to all in UK?

I wonder how they will distribute it in UK. Through our own NHS GPs I guess? In that case, I probably need to register soon, moved a few years back and haven’t registered in the new place.

Jezbollah

Should be free whichever one it is to all in UK?

I wonder how they will distribute it in UK. Through our own NHS GPs I guess? In that case, I probably need to register soon, moved a few years back and haven’t registered in the new place.

Whichever one will be free - I suspect we will see the non-AZ/Oxford vaccines being rolled out to essential personel first in December (front line NHS staff, etc). The AZ/Oxford should be relatively easy to transport, but its getting the distribution and manpower to all the towns in the country to administer the jab which will be the challenge - its why they're training up the army to help out.

as long as you're on a GP register I suspect you'll get a text, much like you get one offering the flu jab (ive had a few texts) - but its going to be some operation, thats for sure.

If you're not on a local GP register, but on one from a while ago, then just state your old address when asked. you should be fine :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom