• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethalal

Banned
My state government allowed schools to reopen but attendance won't be mandatory and children can't go without their parents' permission. No one in my class except my parents allowed. I implored them to as we have to do the practicals for Physics which will come in finals. But as majority didn't allow school won't reopen. I am kinda tensed how will we do the practicals ( experiments) in the finals.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. The idea that the rules aren’t actually enough to do anything meaningful is something you just refuse to consider. Even though places with hard restrictions and places with soft restrictions are doing basically the same.

You’re dug in. And you’ll never change. Regardless of the facts laid out before you.

And what are you going to do?

Continue to mumble conspiracy everywhere?

Last edited:
And what are you going to do?

Continue to mumble conspiracy everywhere?
I’m not sure who you think you’re talking to. You must have me confused with someone else. A habit of yours I noticed. I don’t believe any conspiracy theories. Well unless pointing out that cases have skyrocketed despite wide scale mask adoption is a conspiracy in your world.

Do you think more than 30% will even bother getting vaccinated? 75% is 2 years down the road if ever.
They’re only offering it to what? Less than 10% right? So you’re looking at probably more than 30% of the people who could possibly have had it already getting.

Last edited:
Reading that Pfizer leak from EMA is fun. The emails and documents go up to the last day of November.

The agency is concerned about optics if FDA approves it first, so they rush the process.

Some major concerns about the vaccine are raised in the agency's report up to that date. There's a lot of stuff that couldn't have been fixed in a week (until it received approval).
The vaccine that was submitted for approval is different from the commercial variant (higher RNA decay rate in commercial batches).
One of the higher-ups at EMA says the RNA decay is a critical issue.
The vaccine is basically a proof of concept. EMA is critical of Pfizer's testing (only young animals, mostly male, no explanation given for the choice of animal test subjects etc). There's a recurring feel that the reviewers are trying to be polite when, for example, they raise the issue of testing on healthy male monkeys when the disease predominantly affects older populations. They also find some errors in reporting (swapped genders lol). The 21 days delay for the second dose is arbitrary. The efficacy of the vaccine is questionable.
They literally have no idea what the autoimmune reactions will be. However, they expect bad stuff to happen if kids and young teenagers are vaccinated.

hRy4MWh.jpg

Some quotes:

13. Overall, the challenge study appears questionable in its design and hardly supports the robustness of the immunological response. The above limitations can be listed regarding the model:
a) Absence of clinical signs in control and challenged NHP,
b) Use of juveniles NHP,
c) Lack of females NHP,
d) One out of three age-matched saline control-immunized (n=3) male rhesus macaques not responding to challenge (no viral RNA neither in the BAL and nasal swab),
e) Low numbers of animals with a low statistical significance
f) Questionable selection of titer of the viral challenge (1.05. 106 PFU)
g) In the NHP pharmacology study (Study VR-VTR-10671), rhesus macaques were immunized on days 0 and 21. Some other covid-19 vaccine candidates have different prime-boost intervals, such as 4 weeks for both ChAdOx1 (Graham et al., 2020) and mRNA-1273 (Corbett et al., 2020). Considering that the time between the first and second vaccine dose may have a significant impact on the immunological response, the applicant is asked to provide the rationale for the chosen prime-boost interval (21 days)
Although it is difficult to provide clear cut numbers as it depends on the sought outcome, as a general principle the ETF agreed that for reactogenicity it would be sufficient to test around 300 subjects per age stratum. Serious rare events could be disproportionately represented in children vs. adults e.g. narcolepsy or other autoimmune disorders that are more likely to occur in adolescents than adults. However, such events would require sample sizes larger than 30,000 individuals to be able to detect anything. As this would be unfeasible, especially for a paediatric study, we need to rely on post-authorisation surveillance.
No genotoxicity has been provided. The components of the vaccine formulation are lipids and RNA that are not expected to have genotoxic potential. That being said, the novel lipids possess an acetamide moiety which is classified as possible human carcinogen (IARC Group 2B) with debated genotoxic mechanism, which should be discussed further

Last edited:

-Minsc-

I have no clue if masks work. I doubt there's much anyone could do here to convince me one way or the other. What I am doing is wearing a mask in public. I also reuse the disposable mask many times.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Reading that Pfizer leak from EMA is fun. The emails and documents go up to the last day of November.

The agency is concerned about optics if FDA approves it first, so they rush the process.

Some major concerns about the vaccine are raised in the agency's report up to that date. There's a lot of stuff that couldn't have been fixed in a week (until it received approval).
The vaccine that was submitted for approval is different from the commercial variant (higher RNA decay rate in commercial batches).
One of the higher-ups at EMA says the RNA decay is a critical issue.
The vaccine is basically a proof of concept. EMA is critical of Pfizer's testing (only young animals, mostly male, no explanation given for the choice of animal test subjects etc). There's a recurring feel that the reviewers are trying to be polite when, for example, they raise the issue of testing on healthy male monkeys when the disease predominantly affects older populations. They also find some errors in reporting (swapped genders lol). The 21 days delay for the second dose is arbitrary. The efficacy of the vaccine is questionable.
They literally have no idea what the autoimmune reactions will be. However, they expect bad stuff to happen if kids and young teenagers are vaccinated.

hRy4MWh.jpg

Some quotes:
If kids start dropping dead and these companies can't be sued this country will be ungovernable real fast. I am talking the fall of western civilization here with all the other political turmoil we have going on.

Chaplain

"Being obese, which generally means having a body mass index of 30 or more, decreases lung capacity and is linked to impaired immune function. Obese people diagnosed with Covid-19 were more than twice as likely to be hospitalized, 74% more likely to need an intensive care unit, and 48% more likely to die, according to a study from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill." (1/13/20)

Airbus Jr Airbus Jr am disappointed. After our exchange in which I felt like you were becoming more open minded to the evidence that masks are ineffective in preventing infections, you have reverted shitting up the thread with fistfighting a bear levels of dumbassery.

Unfortunately I am going to have to banish you to the realms of the ignored. Toodle pip old bean.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Airbus Jr Airbus Jr am disappointed. After our exchange in which I felt like you were becoming more open minded to the evidence that masks are ineffective in preventing infections, you have reverted shitting up the thread with fistfighting a bear levels of dumbassery.

Unfortunately I am going to have to banish you to the realms of the ignored. Toodle pip old bean.
Mask innefective says who? Fake news?

Fine by me if youre too weak to argue and want to ignore

x6UPC0r.png

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Fucking hell.

Anyone not alarmed by this please let me know so I can ignore you.
What's that they say about history repeating itself?

Honestly we should probably be commending the Germans on their restraint this time around. Just gotta make sure they don't fall into old habits...

Anyone whos tested positive and yet decided to escape from quarantine is putting other peoples lives in danger

Hope you understand that, nobody is above the law

Maybe we should mark all these people with a gold star for how super special and infected they are. That way when they get uppity it will be easy to identify them and put them in camps. Man how has nobody thought about this before?!?!

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
What's that they say about history repeating itself?

Honestly we should probably be commending the Germans on their restraint this time around. Just gotta make sure they don't fall into old habits...

Maybe we should mark all these people with a gold star for how super special and infected they are. That way when they get uppity it will be easy to identify them and put them in camps. Man how has nobody thought about this before?!?!
Your mistake is turning this into Nazi topic

Im telling you anyone whos know himself is a positive and yet still choose to breach the quarantine they have no sense of respect over other peoples lives

It is not the same as Nazi prosecuting Jewish in the name of hatred

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Your mistake is turning this into Nazi topic

Im telling you anyone whos k ow himself ia a positive and yet choose to breach the quarantine they have no sense of respect over other peoples lives

Your mistake is thinking I don't agree with you that it is wrong. My issue is making it a crime punishable by sending people to fucking CAMPS. Jesus, you are thick.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Your mistake is thinking I don't agree with you that it is wrong. My issue is making it a crime punishable by sending people to fucking CAMPS. Jesus, you are thick.
Where else do you think people with covid symptomps are suppose to be send?

Sitting open air in the beach ?

Please use ur brain man

This is camp for treating covid patient not the same as gas chamber camp for killing jewish !! Not the same thing !!

Holy fuck..some of you guys are really stupid..no offence...

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Where else do you think people with covid symptomps are suppose to be send?

Sitting open air in the beach ?

Please use ur brain man

This is camp for treating covid patient not the same as gas chamber camp for killing jewish !! Not the same thing !!

Holy fuck..some of you guys are really stupid..no offence...
Home? With a large fine?

You must be a troll.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Home? With a large fine?

You must be a troll.
Sending home people with covid symptoms who just breached the quarantine ? Replaced with a fine? Thats it?

And what message does it mean to everyone? That money can buy you responsibility?

And what will happened to other occupant who breathe the same air as he is...and lives in the same house?

Not really bright arent you ?

Last edited:
Sending home people with covid symptoms who just breached the quarantine ? Replaced with a fine? Thats it?

And what message does it mean to everyone? Money can buy you responsibility?

And what will happened to other occupant who breathing the same air as he is...and lives in the same house? The

Can we send you to a camp?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

And what message does it mean to everyone? Money can buy you responsibility?

And what will happened to other occupant who breathing the same air as he is...and lives in the same house?

Yes, send them home with $2000 fines so they think twice next time. Hitting peoples pockets works really damn well. The message it sends is that keep the shit up and you are going to be in a world of hurt.

Other house occupants will deal the same as the rest of us who tend to sick at home?

I mean, would you really send your loved one away to a camp just because they have a headache and a cough? If so then you really are a fucking nazi piece of shit.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Can we send you to a camp?
Nice come back right there

Youve been exposed as trump fan

At this point we know your policy will align with his and you will defend it to the death

Covid 19 is fake news, mask is useless, vaccine is dangerous, social distancing is bad, this is all government conspiracy

Nothing will ever change your mind

Have a nice day

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

At this point we know your policy will align with his and you will defend it to the death

Covid 19 is fake news, mask is useless, vaccine is dangerous, social distancing is bad, this is all government conspiracy

Have a nice day
Ohh, I see. You are a Reetard. Welcome to ignore.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Yes, send them home with $2000 fines so they think twice next time. Hitting peoples pockets works really damn well. The message it sends is that keep the shit up and you are going to be in a world of hurt.

Other house occupants will deal the same as the rest of us who tend to sick at home?
Yes cos $2000 really solved everything

What a real genious

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well, I guess it was inevitable at some point that the nazis would get a mention in a thread about tackling a global pandemic.

Godwin’s Law lives.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mask innefective says who? Fake news?

Fine by me if youre too weak to argue and want to ignore

x6UPC0r.png

That image may be true, but it also doesn't mean that the average face covering is at all effective at preventing the spread of COVID or influenza or anything else. As far as I can tell, mask mandates have been basically ineffective, and the only positive study I've seen that actually looked as mask effectiveness found like a 1 ~ 2% difference between no masks vs. both parties masked (I may be misremembering, but it was linked a few dozen/hundred pages back).

What we do know is that the claims back in summer about how Coronavirus would disappear if 90% of the population wore masks is complete bullshit.

Have a nice day

See this is why you need to go to the camp.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so fucking tired of COVID lockdowns and measures.

sorry for rant

I hope you're ready for the onslaught of cheerleaders like this guy who will push for the measures to be permanent for the Greater Good.

COVID-19 measures also suppress flu—for now

For people who wonder. COVID-19 has a R0 of 2 - 2.5 (may be higher, especially now with the new viriants), while influenza has an R0 of 1.3. If measures implemented to suppress covid suppress it in i.e. 40%, COVID-19 R0 goes down to 1.2 - 1.5 while influenza goes down to 0.78. An R0 below 1 is the sweet spot to curb an infectious disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom