• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corporate America needs to move away from China.

C4lukin2

Banned
It is a horrible thing to say, but we can exploit other countries that do not commit atrocities.

Countries such as Alabama:)

But truly, the US and most of the Western world has depended on China. Meanwhile China steals our technology, and the Government creates “companies” built on stolen technology.

Meanwhile China is opressing, millions of Muslims in concentration camps. Real concentration camps, unlike poorly funded temporary holding cells for illegals in the US.

They are creating policies that reject any sort of fread

C4lukin2

Banned
om. And even our biggest and best companies are using cheep slave labor to manufacture our consoles and other fun stuff we enjoy.

And appetently they are doing human experiments on folks. They are attempting to destroy any nonsense opposition such as Hong Kong or Taiwan.

We need to demand, at least for American companies to reject all production in China. It may be 20% more expensive to produce shit elsewhere, but I will pay the tax.

If the US, the West, Europe and Japan plus Korea are onboard, China is reduced to third world countries.

C4lukin2

Banned
There is a cost for rejecting slave labor. Probably closer to 20% then 2000%. But yeah if you no have no problem buying cheeper shot off of the backs of a horrible regime. Then yeah get those cheaper Nikes. I am sure you can wash the blood off of the shoelaces.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
At some point the rest of the world will have to make a decision when it comes to China. They will have to decide between human rights, freedom of speech, and dignity or comfort, money, and convenience.

Because as of right now you cannot have it both ways. Not with the way that China is currently structured. They have officially begun using their financial influence to strongarm foreign businesses and attempt to infringe upon the rights of citizens of foreign countries. They have made it clear that they don't want to limit their oppression to their own country. They want to be able to oppress anyone that is critical of them regardless of geographical location. And they think that because they are as influential as they are they think its going to work and so far it has. But if companies like Blizzard and organizations like the NBA stand up and say "fuck that and fuck your money" then that might just be the shout that starts the avalanche. Because the biggest companies and organizations have to stand up first in order for other smaller ones to follow. They are the only ones that can make a significant enough impact to make China second guess its actions.

The problem is getting multi-billion dollar companies to care about people more than money.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Why is this in gaming?

This specific thread may not belong in Gaming, but the bullshit surrounding China has alot to doing with modern gaming as a whole. China has very publicly invaded the gaming market. Chinese companies like Tencent have significant investments in video game companies across the world and as a result they wield an astonishing amount of power. This latest Blizzard debacle if proof of that.

C4lukin2

Banned
I think it is reaching a tipping point.

Right now we are talking about the NBA, Hollywood, and Activision Blizzard. But we are also talking about Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Eventually it is going to get to major companies such as Microsoft and Apple, and just about every corporation in the world who is mass producing stuff.

buizel

Banned
Nexts years thread.
Why are clothes suddenly up 2000%

Why is my iphone 3000 dollars?

REEEE

This is the worst thing about Brexit. Prices have doubled but rate of pay is still like £7 minimum wage.

Basically we pay the same as America but our wages per hour is HALFED.

ISNT THAT FUCKING BALLS

Nobody_Important

maybe now idiots will stop whining about russia

listen to your goddamn president
I feel like we should be able to focus on more than one oppressive regime at a time. Just because China is the biggest threat at the moment doesn't mean we shouldn't also care about Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, etc etc.

This specific thread may not belong in Gaming, but the bullshit surrounding China has alot to doing with modern gaming as a whole. China has very publicly invaded the gaming market. Chinese companies like Tencent have significant investments in video game companies across the world and as a result they wield an astonishing amount of power. This latest Blizzard debacle if proof of that.

So make a thread about Chinese involvement in gaming. Just posting a random thread about how shitty China is in the gaming forum is a bunch of bollocks.

C4lukin2

Banned
No Russia is also a giant evil cunt. They just do not have the capacity to effect world markets like China does.

Just as China does, they are supporting and selling arms to the worst governments in the world. Their entire strategy is to cause chaos to western allies.

Nobody_Important

So make a thread about Chinese involvement in gaming. Just posting a random thread about how shitty China is in the gaming forum is a bunch of bollocks.

I agree.

Which is why I said "This specific thread may not belong in Gaming" in my post.

There are obvious very serious implications of overly zealous Chinese influence on western business. But, one area that has annoyed the shit out of me on a more personal consumer level is the trash decision making that seems to be infesting more and more Hollywood movies obviously pandering to the massive revenue potential of the Chinese box office. I'm sure there are other better examples, but for some reason the movie The Meg comes to mind with some of the most insipid and stupid series of scenes shoe-horned into an otherwise passable popcorn flick. Eh... Yeah I know... First world problems on this front. But it's emblematic of how more and more Hollywood productions are swirling the drain chasing alt audiences like the Chinese or SJWs, etc... Often sacrificing coherent story telling in the process.

C4lukin2

Banned
I meant to post this in off topic. I messed up. But I could totally make a gaming related thread on how big of cunts China are in the gaming industry. And how certain companies should remove themselves from associating with Chinese “Corporations,”

maybe now idiots will stop whining about russia

listen to your goddamn president

Russia is trying to become another china. If not worse. What are you smoking. Taxing companies that make their product in china or mexico isnt smart. When america doesnt even have the ability to handle such manufacturing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...trump-products-are-made-in-china-2139111.html

Funny how he doesnt tax his own shit. But yeah idk what companies are going to do.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Conflicted. I like Chinese boat girls that portray America as heroes while shaming the Japanese and making a game/anime out of it.
zgRVGb6.jpg

But at the same time I see how they are destroying the world with their factories. When will Sony/MS/Nintendo stop making their shit over there.

mcz117chief

Conflicted. I like Chinese boat girls that portray America as heroes while shaming the Japanese and making a game/anime out of it.
zgRVGb6.jpg

But at the same time I see how they are destroying the world with their factories. When will Sony/MS/Nintendo stop making their shit over there.
Shaming Japanese? Bruh, Azur Lane is HUGE in Japan. I see way more stuff related to Azur Lane than to Kancolle. The only place Azur Lane hasn't taken over yet are the arcades (the Kancolle arcade is a lot of fun).

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Shaming Japanese? Bruh, Azur Lane is HUGE in Japan. I see way more stuff related to Azur Lane than to Kancolle. The only place Azur Lane hasn't taken over yet are the arcades (the Kancolle arcade is a lot of fun).
Kancolle is way bigger in Japan. (and only there because they hate their non Japanese fans) AL events are dead in Japan. So?????

My post was accurate. Sakura/Iron Bloods are the bad guys (cough sirens)

So Japanese weebs and otakus are butthurt it exists.

mcz117chief

Kancolle is way bigger in Japan. (and only there because they hate their non Japanese fans) AL events are dead in Japan. So?????

My post was accurate. Sakura/Iron Bloods are the bad guys (cough sirens)

So Japanese weebs and otakus are butthurt it exists.
Well that is odd because on trams I constantly see people playing Azur Lane, they sell Azur Lane merch everywhere and I see plenty of people running around with it.
I agree that the Sakura Empire and Iron Bloods are the "bad guys" but that is just to reflect the WW2. I am sure there are people butt hurt about it but when I go to stores I see plenty of people buying and trading Azur Lane stuff or chasing figures in UFO arcades.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Well that is odd because on trams I constantly see people playing Azur Lane, they sell Azur Lane merch everywhere and I see plenty of people running around with it.
I agree that the Sakura Empire and Iron Bloods are the "bad guys" but that is just to reflect the WW2. I am sure there are people butt hurt about it but when I go to stores I see plenty of people buying and trading Azur Lane stuff or chasing figures in UFO arcades.
Huh? Where are you from? People play the mobile game but the anime has had criticism just by existing.

Also we still don't have a OT here :/

mcz117chief

Huh? Where are you from? People play the mobile game but the anime has had criticism just by existing.

Also we still don't have a OT here :/
Czech Republic but I was just in Japan for almost three weeks. I actually got a compliment from a chick for rocking Clevebro on my bag (got her from Gacchapon last year, very cute).

Hey, I'm not saying I am infallibly correct, just sharing my experience. Maybe I just got lucky to meet a lot of Azur Lane fans.

Last edited:

Senhua

It is a horrible thing to say, but we can exploit other countries that do not commit atrocities.

But truly, the US and most of the Western world has depended on China. Meanwhile China steals our technology, and the Government creates “companies” built on stolen technology.

Meanwhile China is opressing, millions of Muslims in concentration camps. Real concentration camps, unlike poorly funded temporary holding cells for illegals in the US.

I agree and while at this would you American kindly tell your representative congressman/women to GTFO from Middle east too, especially after your previous country president murder 460,000 Iraqis there. Ah and from SK and Japan too while you at it.

RealGassy

Banned
This is the worst thing about Brexit. Prices have doubled but rate of pay is still like £7 minimum wage.

Basically we pay the same as America but our wages per hour is HALFED.

ISNT THAT FUCKING BALLS
Look at the bright side of 1GBP=1EUR, now Britain's exports are more competitive... Wait, what were those?
Aaah, right financial seeeervices.

And finally you can freely import the very fine US produced bleached chlorinated chicken!
Without the shackles of all these completely unnecessary EU regulations.

This is obviously a net win.

TLZ

Banned
Move your production facilities to India, start manufacturing PS5 and next xbox in India, would certainly help create jobs for hundreds of thousands of people.
No fucking thanks. They're the worst. They've already taken a billion jobs from us, especially Telco. Fgs I can't speak to someone who can speak proper English anymore. I'd rather all those jobs come back to our own countries and help create jobs for OUR unemployed people. and get them their jobs back. We have our own problems and people to worry about.

Last edited:

Tumle

No fucking thanks. They're the worst. They've already taken a billion jobs from us, especially Telco. Fgs I can't speak to someone who can speak proper English anymore. I'd rather all those jobs come back to our own countries and help create jobs for OUR unemployed people. and get them their jobs back. We have our own problems and people to worry about.
that would be great.. but are you ready to pay the cost?

I see India as the lesser of two evils, and a country I'd rather see have an economical boom. :)

The whole world has become a corporate hellhole thanks to neoliberal policies. In short; this means that markets are completely free from external interventions. No matter where productions are outsourced, people will be exploited there.

This is something that has to be regulated by governments. Corporations will keep bowing to China as long as the potential profits are larger than the loss of a western boycott. There will always be another corporation willing to sell their soul for that cash.

if ANYTHING comes from all this China nonsense with Blizzard and the NBA, i hope its the waking up of the general populace to how messed up china really is.

Trumps threats over the trade deal, and the resulting crash of Chinas economy, should show people just how much they need us and not vice versa. We shouldnt be relying on a country that literally has 150,000 square ft buildings filled to the brim with hackers where the sole purpose is to hack pentagon servers. Or with a country with such utter lack for human rights.

Hate or love Trump, one thing he was certainly right about was China. We dont need them, they need us. Once American companies start pandering to literal Communists its time to back out.

Its just hilarious to me how far the NBA has defended China but go ballistic over every little thing Trump or conservatives say. China is literally doing everything they try to claim Trump is. They are facists, racists, and human rights abusers

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
At some point the rest of the world will have to make a decision when it comes to China. They will have to decide between human rights, freedom of speech, and dignity or comfort, money, and convenience.

Because as of right now you cannot have it both ways. Not with the way that China is currently structured. They have officially begun using their financial influence to strongarm foreign businesses and attempt to infringe upon the rights of citizens of foreign countries. They have made it clear that they don't want to limit their oppression to their own country. They want to be able to oppress anyone that is critical of them regardless of geographical location. And they think that because they are as influential as they are they think its going to work and so far it has. But if companies like Blizzard and organizations like the NBA stand up and say "fuck that and fuck your money" then that might just be the shout that starts the avalanche. Because the biggest companies and organizations have to stand up first in order for other smaller ones to follow. They are the only ones that can make a significant enough impact to make China second guess its actions.

The problem is getting multi-billion dollar companies to care about people more than money.
Probably your best post so far.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I don't think this necessarily deserves to be kicked to off Topic or Politics because we're seeing it happen right now in the gaming industry:

- Blizzard caving to Chinese censorship, not only of its games but of its players
- Increasing ownership of videogame companies
- Increased presence in trade shows and media and advertisement and industry news
- Censorship in gaming (and movies, and TV shows) around the world directly due to China's policies (this is well documented)

To be clear, this is the Chinese government. Sadly, the average citizen has literally no control over their government so it's not as though the country is to blame. Their oppressive government is to blame. You Chinese nationals out there, you have my sympathy.

For those willing to sober up, maybe read a book or two on the topic. I recommend 'Hungry Ghosts', the one by Jasper Becker, not the one by the chef who suicided during #metoo.

Porcile

Too late. Through their basically limitless funds and enormous population they've already infiltrated the movie industry, games industry, communications industry, sports industry, tech industry, finance industry, manufacturing industry, universities, social media, Africa, developing countries in Asia. Basically everything. And now they know how to produce genetically modified super Chinese babies. We all better learn how to use chopsticks.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Next thing you know many tech companies will move out of US to Malta to continue do business with the world if US government want to force them out of China.

Fox Mulder

Too late. Through their basically limitless funds and enormous population they've already infiltrated the movie industry, games industry, communications industry, sports industry, tech industry, finance industry, manufacturing industry, universities, social media, Africa, developing countries in Asia. Basically everything. And now they know how to produce genetically modified super Chinese babies. We all better learn how to use chopsticks.

All China knows how to do is steal, hack, and censor. They buy in to our companies but aren’t creating globally appealing pop culture with popular musicians, fashion, or books. Where are their movies, tv, or even culture changing inventions. Where is the Chinese McDonalds? The rest of the world is drowning in Western pop culture that China will never be able to replace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom