• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive |OT| Not the Red Cross You Were Expecting

h0tp0ck3t

Come on guys, put your spoilers in spoiler tags. I've seen more than two open wide spoilers on the last few pages, there are people still waiting for the game to arrive that are reading the topic.

Sorry bout that. I should know better than to post at 1:00am. I edited my post

h0tp0ck3t

Unless I truly get stuck I probably won't. I'm assuming it's like the first one where you have to do arbitrary actions in certain orders in order to move on to the next chapter and not get a bad end?

Pretty much. For the most part the bad endings are avoided just by choosing the right dialog option when prompted. And you can save at anytime so you can just save before you make a decision

h0tp0ck3t

I do not. I played through it on my PSP and have since upgraded to the PSTV. Why do I need a save?

Oh man I totally forgot about that. If you don't have a save from the first game you need to see EVERY ending to unlock the final chapter. If you do have the save it unlocks after beating chapter 7.

It also adds all the artwork from the first game to the image gallery

h0tp0ck3t

Yeah, you need to play the game to see the end. So obnoxious.

To be fair though there were some bad endings in
Chapter 5
that were unobtainable until you saw the true end, which the game does not allude to at all and is something that neither the first game nor any other Chapter in BoS does

Prelude.

To be fair though there were some bad endings in
Chapter 5
that were unobtainable until you saw the true end, which the game does not allude to at all and is something that neither the first game nor any other Chapter in BoS does
It's been a while so I might be misremembering but getting every ending isn't that big of a deal. I mean, isn't that the point of these kind of games? You even have a handy endings list.

Dremark

Banned
Yeah, you need to play the game to see the end. So obnoxious.

It sounds like you need to go through just about every single possible path to see the ending.

I'd personally say that's pretty obnoxious and I think a lot of people would agree with me considering they put in a way for most players to automatically bypass it.

Prelude.

It sounds like you need to go through just about every single possible path to see the ending.

I'd personally say that's pretty obnoxious and I think a lot of people would agree with me considering they put in a way for most players to automatically bypass it.
Well, my comment was about the enjoyment of the game, not the quickest way to beat it. You should technically want to see the other endings, not only the good ones.

Dremark

Banned
Well, my comment was about the enjoyment of the game, not the quickest way to beat it. You should technically want to see the other endings, not only the good ones.

I make the choices I think will be interesting, not necessarily the ones that will get me through quickest. I realize it's game content but I don't want to be forced to go through everything in the game to view the ending.

CISphil

Neo Member
Kinda specific but does anyone know if the German version of this game available on the German Amazon has language select (specifically English)? Also, it's not censored there is it?
It's my only option really other than to import from the American site and I'd rather not take a chance considering how expensive the game is.

I make the choices I think will be interesting, not necessarily the ones that will get me through quickest. I realize it's game content but I don't want to be forced to go through everything in the game to view the ending.

This is pretty much the way I play too. I'd rather make choices naturally and come to my ending (so to speak). I'll probably play all endings now since I know that's how to get the true ending but I typically wouldn't. Never did that for the previous games. Did I miss the true endings for those too?

h0tp0ck3t

This is pretty much the way I play too. I'd rather make choices naturally and come to my ending (so to speak). I'll probably play all endings now since I know that's how to get the true ending but I typically wouldn't. Never did that for the previous games. Did I miss the true endings for those too?

No the first game only has one true ending, and is not determined by how many other endings you got, just by doing everything right in the final chapter. It's the ending where
Ayumi, Yoshiki, Satoshi, Naomi, and Yuka escape
All the others are wrong ends

I was not expecting these kinds of technical issues. Even without the flashlight on, there are some noticeable framerate drops, and picking up certain items seems to freeze the game for a few seconds with how it loads. Some shakiness during moments of horizontal panning as well. Loading in general is also not good. Edit: Vertical panning is a mess as well in certain places.

Was Grisgris having some issues with Unity or something?

bomblord1

Banned
I was not expecting these kinds of technical issues. Even without the flashlight on, there are some noticeable framerate drops, and picking up certain items seems to freeze the game for a few seconds with how it loads. Some shakiness during moments of horizontal panning as well. Loading in general is also not good. Edit: Vertical panning is a mess as well in certain places.

Was Grisgris having some issues with Unity or something?

Wow seriously? Are there any plans to patch it?

Yeah, the game itself is pretty good so far. Though I will say it doesn't seem like much has happened at this point (just started chapter 2). By chapter 2 in the first game, shit had already gone down.

But yeah, just pointing out technical flaws I wasn't expecting. Another one I didn't mention is the voice volume. It could have used some compressing. Sometimes it's super soft and completely overshadowed by the BGM (which I had to turn lower while keeping voices at max), but it's perfectly fine and sometimes even too loud when yelling is going on (and it's Corpse Party, so there's a lot of that). I don't think that was an issue in the other games, but it's been a while so I don't really remember.

Maybe playing on an actual Vita with headphones and not a PSTV would make a difference, but I don't want to do that.

Dugna

k major spoilers do not read if you haven't finished the game but

Just to make sure I'm right on this but, the ending where Ayumi sacrifices herself but also has yoshiki stay with her is the TRUE ending right?

Yeah, the game itself is pretty good so far. Though I will say it doesn't seem like much has happened at this point (just started chapter 2). By chapter 2 in the first game, shit had already gone down.

But yeah, just pointing out technical flaws I wasn't expecting. Another one I didn't mention is the voice volume. It could have used some compressing. Sometimes it's super soft and completely overshadowed by the BGM (which I had to turn lower while keeping voices at max), but it's perfectly fine and sometimes even too loud when yelling is going on (and it's Corpse Party, so there's a lot of that). I don't think that was an issue in the other games, but it's been a while so I don't really remember.

Maybe playing on an actual Vita with headphones and not a PSTV would make a difference, but I don't want to do that.

Yeah, I've been finding the voices to be way too quiet a lot of the time. It's really rather odd. I lowered everything aside from the voices, but they still sometimes sound too quiet.

UberTag

Just to make sure I'm right on this but, the ending where Ayumi sacrifices herself but also has yoshiki stay with her is the TRUE ending right?
That is factually correct.
Feel free to scope out the opening of Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient if you want verification of this fact.

kiryogi

Banned

Probably the Binaural audio if anything. Headphones best D:

Yup. Super tragic. No happy ending here

Dugna

Dude this is Corpse Party. Looked at what happened to at the end of BoS. Christ poor Ayumi and Hinoe.

Yeah but that was a cliffhanger type ending to lead into Blood Drive which was already planned to be the end, I didn't think they would do something even worse for the final end of Corpse Party.

I'm going to assume this game has a whole lot more than 5 chapters. Already finished chapter 2 and it couldn't have been more than an hour at most.

knkng

How do I get gold stars next to the EX Chapters? I've done all of them so far and only gotten a gold star on EX 6. The rest are white.

So yeah, after playing EX 6, I immediately got the gold star (like yourself). Then, after beating regular chapter 9, suddenly EX 1-5 also had gold stars. (I had also completed every chapter up to 9 with all Wrong Ends, but I don`t know if that matters)

So yeah, after playing EX 6, I immediately got the gold star (like yourself). Then, after beating regular chapter 9, suddenly EX 1-5 also had gold stars. (I had also completed every chapter up to 9 with all Wrong Ends, but I don`t know if that matters)

Same thing happened after I beat chapter 9. Weird.

Played the first game, got halfway through the 2nd, but the point-and-click VN style burnt me out before finishing it.

Can anyone give/link a quick synopsis of what happened at the Shinozaki Estate?

CISphil

Neo Member
No the first game only has one true ending, and is not determined by how many other endings you got, just by doing everything right in the final chapter. It's the ending where
Ayumi, Yoshiki, Satoshi, Naomi, and Yuka escape
All the others are wrong ends

Ah yeah, I got that. The one with the most impact, I think,
was the one where Yuka gets killed on the way out.
I got that one initially and looked up what I did wrong to get the true ending.
Do they count pre-mature endings? ie, would
Yoshiki cannibalizes Ayumi (I think)
count as an ending or are there full proper alternate endings in the final chapter beyond those 2?

Guess nobody knows the answer to my question. Is ~€60 worth it for this one + a fairly long wait?

JPS Kai

Ended up just buying this instead of waiting for a review code to show up from Xseed.

And, uh.. yeah. Got that platinum trophy~

h0tp0ck3t

Played the first game, got halfway through the 2nd, but the point-and-click VN style burnt me out before finishing it.

Naomi and Ayumi go there to get the book of shadows. In it Ayumi finds a resurrection spell and decides to try it out to bring Mayu back. Mayu comes back as a faceless shell basically stumbling around crying out for Morishigue before dissolving. Ayumi ends up getting stabbed by all sorts of shit as punishment for failing the spell and at the last minute her sister Hinoe comes in a saves her. Hinoe's head explodes and the game ends

Several months after the events of the first game, Naomi and Ayumi take the train to a small mountain village where the Shinozaki estate once stood as a clinic. A weird guy in a truck takes them up the mountain, but the only thing left standing is a barn. After investigating the barn, the girls return to the truck, but the man has vanished. They try to leave the woods, but keep going in circles because dark magic. The Shinozaki estate appears at night as a ghost house. They investigate and find a secret basement containing the Shinozaki family tree and the Book of Shadows, which is pretty much the Necronomicon. Also, Ayumi is a distant relative of Sachiko and Yoshie. Anyway, Ayumi gets the brilliant idea to resurrect her friends with black magic. She revives Mayu with one of those blacked out face pictures, which goes poorly, resurrecting a faceless Mayu who soon dies. Dark magic has a blowback on the user, and Ayumi is soon violently attacked by spectral blades. Before she's killed, however, her sister Hinoe, who is actually a witch or something, sacrifices herself to save Ayumi. Hinoe's head explodes.

Finished up the first game and am now moving to the second.

Although I'm disappointed that 2U will never have an official English translation, there is actually a pretty decent playthrough of the game on Youtube with English subtitles, so that's a nice enough substitute. I'll go through that once I finish up Book of Shadows, then I'll finally get around to playing this game (I would need a break from all the bleakness this series has anyways lol).

Akibared

Home sick from work so it's time for all day Corpse Party.

I lied to myself my body needed sleep. Are the ex chapters just unlocked as I play? I got 1 and 2 after beating normal chapter 3 with all bad ends.

I do enjoy Blood Drive but I do consider most of the Wrong Ends to be underwhelming compared to the first two games.
Not much in the way of CG artwork for them and any description (if it's there at all) tends to be rather abrupt.

That's really disappointing. :( The bad ends are what me and my buddy talk about the most.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ended up just buying this instead of waiting for a review code to show up from Xseed.

And, uh.. yeah. Got that platinum trophy~

How easy is the platinum?

I'm assuming = Get all name tags + all true endings + a bit of dying = plat?

Finished up the first game and am now moving to the second.

Although I'm disappointed that 2U will never have an official English translation, there is actually a pretty decent playthrough of the game on Youtube with English subtitles, so that's a nice enough substitute. I'll go through that once I finish up Book of Shadows, then I'll finally get around to playing this game (I would need a break from all the bleakness this series has anyways lol).

Do you have a link to the 2U playthrough?

How easy is the platinum?

I'm assuming = Get all name tags + all true endings + a bit of dying = plat?

Easy, but it's a bit more involved than that.

iuuk

Got my European LE today;

cQsjLOG.jpg

AF49Go8.jpg

So I've got some gaming to do tonight. I really hope it lives up to the (my) hype.

UberTag

Chapter 5 spoilers
anyone else have Naomi's model lose her eyepatch when you control her? Glitch?
Yeah, that hitch was picked out almost immediately last year.
Not sure why they couldn't keep a consistent gameplay model for her but at least it's cosmetic and rather easy to ignore.

Top Bottom