• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita) Japanese Release Date, New Trailer

Noi

kF3tmYK.png

Trailer itself shows off 3D gameplay and new characters.
Spoiler warning: The trailer starts off with Book of Shadow's ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXbnpiiC9WY

XSEED pls

Made me cry when someone commented that BOS didn't quite do as well as the first one. I hope this one has a chance since it supposedly ends the ''trilogy''.

Cudder

Are these games good?

As a horror fan I think you'd really like them. I bought Corpse Party to play on my Vita and really enjoyed it, though I didn't get very far. Need to go back to it.

edit: wait, this is a third CP title? I thought this thread was for the second, which confused me because I knew it had already come out. Awesome!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So... What's the release date for japan? I don't want to watch the trailer since I still haven't played book of shadows...

Are these games good?

Hit and miss. The original? Absolutely amazing for what it is (a horror game with a 16-bit aesthetic... it actually IS scary). BoS? Not nearly as much so... still haven't even completed it yet. Then there are parody versions of games they make, etc. That said, I'm always willing to try the next one.

So... What's the release date for japan? I don't want to watch the trailer since I still haven't played book of shadows...

kF3tmYK.png

2014 - 7 - 24

Are these games good?

As far as gameplay goes, not really. They are more like visual novel type games with light gameplay elements.

First one especially is one of my PSP personal favourites when it comes to more niche stuff. Atmosphere is good, voices with headphones are great and music is a lot of fun too.

If you like horror games/stories and don't mind the anime style I can recommend trying the first one on PSP/Vita. It's like a tenner nowdays on PSN I think.

Danny Dudekisser

Hit and miss. The original? Absolutely amazing for what it is (a horror game with a 16-bit asthetic... it actually IS scary). BoS? Not nearly as much so... still haven't even completed it yet. Then there are parody versions of games they make, etc. That said, I'm always willing to try the next one.

kF3tmYK.png

2014 - 7 - 24

Lol, oops. I should've noticed that.

Noi

Hit and miss. The original? Absolutely amazing for what it is (a horror game with a 16-bit asthetic... it actually IS scary). BoS? Not nearly as much so... still haven't even completed it yet. Then there are parody versions of games they make, etc. That said, I'm always willing to try the next one.

Book of Shadow's best part is, admittedly, the Epilogue to the first game that you unlock after completing all the initial stories. It's also canonical (and very very creepy), so you should finish it before this comes out!

Sadly they are both 20. I'm in for 10 but I'll wait for a sale.

Oh ok. It's 10 in the EU store anyway. These are one of those types of games that can be hard to recommend for over 10€/$ since some people from what I understand really don't like some of the stuff from the game be it either some of the more over the top animu things or some of the decisions you do that lead to a bad end (tho collecting them all was part of the fun for me!). Some love them tho, especially the first one. For such a divisive game (PSP no less) 20 can be a little too high price to ask in 2014.

Puru

Playing the first atm (only finished chapter 2, surprised i managed to avoid bad ends) and enjoying it so far, but searching for all the bad ends is kind of a pain though.

I like what i see from this trailer even if the framerate doesn't look to be perfect.

UberTag

I would be shocked if XSEED doesn't bring this over.

It's not like they're putting in an English language track and they need games to pay the bills while they come up for new reasons for why they can't release more Kiseki games.

I'm expecting a late November through mid-January release like the previous two titles. And I will be there Day 1.

I still haven't finished Book of Shadows because the horrible loading between every damn screen finally got on my nerves more than the scares. Need to get back to it one of these days.

Endesu

Can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure the game's running on the same 3D engine they used in Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient, albeit jacked up a bit (pretty certain the graphics seen in the BD trailer are much better than those I remember from DP).

Hopefully Dead Patient eventually gets an English release too, playing it raw was a bit difficult.

Durante

Book of Shadow's best part is, admittedly, the Epilogue to the first game that you unlock after completing all the initial stories. It's also canonical (and very very creepy), so you should finish it before this comes out!
I agree with this.

I generally also think the second part was better gameplay-wise, since IMHO the way it was presented suited the game better than it did in part 1.

So the second isn't all that hot. Oh well, I'll play it if I like the first one anyway.

The thing with the second was is it's essentially a retread in a different genre. Only at the end does it actually continue the story of the first one, and that leaves off where this one begins.

Danny Dudekisser

The thing with the second was is it's essentially a retread in a different genre. Only at the end does it actually continue the story of the first one, and that leaves off where this one begins.

Does that mean that the overhead, pseudo-RPG bullshit from the original is gone from Book of Shadows? I absolutely hated the actual gameplay from the first game... Wished it was just a straight visual novel instead.

Jockel

Still haven't finished the original Corpse Party, I think I was in the 3rd or 4th chapter.
I shall get around to finish it. Even though I find it kinda impossible to play without a guide.

Dugna

Game looks great in the new 3D form, now just to see if this is the final game or not....because lately I've gotten sick of cliffhangers.

Danchi

New Corpse Party, the two Danganronpa games, Persona 4 remake, and a portable EDF game. Bout time I pick up a Vita, me thinks.

Tizoc

Those eyes are creepy, and what was shown of the gameplay is gonna make it hard for me to pick up and play this as I'm not a huge fan o horror games >_>;

Takao

Banned
I don't think this will come out in North America this year. The only thing I'd expect is the PC version of the first one to hit Steam.

Game looks great in the new 3D form, now just to see if this is the final game or not....because lately I've gotten sick of cliffhangers.

I hope that this is the conclusion of the story for these kids. They've been through enough as it is. =(

This one has been marketed as the conclusion to the Heavenly Host storyline. I imagine any future Corpse Party games would be related to Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient.

HardRojo

I'm a fan of Ace Attorney, Trauma Center, Zero Escape and will soon be getting Danganronpa for my Vita along with its sequel whenever it comes out, will I enjoy this series? Are the PSP games available on PSN for Vita?

Jucksalbe

Banned
That looked pretty damn...scary. I hope this gets an English release, I finished the other two, so come on, XSeed, I need something new.

Also hoping for good news regarding the localization of this and Dead Patient (and for more DP chapters, I guess after this launches).

I'm a fan of Ace Attorney, Trauma Center, Zero Escape and will soon be getting Danganronpa for my Vita along with its sequel whenever it comes out, will I enjoy this series? Are the PSP games available on PSN for Vita?

It's not much like any of those, so I'd suggest looking for gameplay impressions and videos. Basically it's like 16 bit(?) horror, you wander around a school trying to avoid traps, ghosts, and horrific bad ends. Sound direction and the creepy descriptions of some events are excellent.

And yes, they are Vita compatible.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wooo! Finally see something of this and it kinda looks like it's using the Corpse Party 2 engine. I wonder if that means we'll see Dead Patient after that is completed.

Oh nice, didn't know this game existed. Loved the first one, but still haven't played the second one yet. Maybe it's time I change that.

petran79

Banned
my butt cream is ready

haha!

when I reached that cut scene I though "WTF! Game is not for anime fans! it catters to ero guro fans!" also the next scene between two girls about the ass compliments

quality exclusive PSP/Vita game indeed!

besides, similar free horror doujin games with RPG Maker like Witch's House are much better and scarier than this game.

Only bonus is the dialog and sfx and better design, even though some teen girls look even younger than elementary school children.

I'll pass on this one.

I thought the first game was amazing. It was due to a friend suggesting it to me that I went ahead and bit the bullet to buy a Vita a few months after it released in the US years ago. I remember that night, after making my purchase at Gamestop (system, memory card, starter kit and the game code) that I plugged in a set of earbuds, cut off the lights and started up the game.
I was completely captivated by it and played through a good portion well into the night. And the atmosphere was perfect for me as I was amazed at how the sounds of the game played through the earbuds (first game had a feature known as The Dummy Head Mic, which allows the listener, using headphones, to perceive sounds as coming in from different directions and therfore made the game's setting all the more creepy, which caused me to jump in fright a couple times).

Long story short, I love the series and have both games on my Vita, with Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Limited Edition) already preordered (as a student learning Japanese, I find imports for my Vita/3DS to be good reading and listening practice). I sincerely hope Xseed does bring this stateside if it meets their expectations when considering localization projects. And physical copy would be nice if it does come over, so I'd be all too happy to double dip!

Note: The Dummy Head Mic feature will return for CP:BD! So I'll have my PS Golds ready upon receiving the game this summer

Top Bottom