• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corridor Crew: VFX Artists React to Bad & Great Video Game Cinematics

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
These are the same fuckers who defended RED saying they make actual premium products, after Jinni Tech exposed them about how RED cameras are full of cheap parts bought from Alibaba(they even get 480 GB SSDs and put a 512 GB label on top of their own casing). And now Jinni Techs videos are used by Nikon in a lawsuit against RED(since he also exposed how RED is violating the law by calling it "Made in USA").

Chiggs

These are the same fuckers who defended RED saying they make actual premium products, after Jinni Tech exposed them about how RED cameras are full of cheap parts bought from Alibaba(they even get 480 GB SSDs and put a 512 GB label on top of their own casing). And now Jinni Techs videos are used by Nikon in a lawsuit against RED(since he also exposed how RED is violating the law by calling it "Made in USA").

Even worse, these guys routinely praise Michael Bay movies. Talk about having your taste in your ass.

Robb

Gold Member
Would have liked to see Metroid Other M on the list. Would also have been neat to hear thoughts on the character trailers for the Smash Bros. games imo. StarCraft would be neat as well.

Don’t care for most of the titles listed here except Halo 2.

bender

What time is it?
I was hoping to see some bad cinematics. I guess the "bad" in the description is about the quality of Hellgate London as a game?

Chiggs

Praise the MOVIE or praise the VFX...I've only ever seen them focus on VFX not plot...

They've praised his signature directorial style and distinctive look, which is slow-mo American garbage, full of explosions, sparks, and fast-cuts.

Michael Bay is the only filmmaker who could get me to cheer for the throng of out-of-touch film critics who've rallied together over the past 25 years to trash him relentlessly. And I hate film critics.

Outside of The Rock, which is completely cheeseball but has a great cast and is genuinely entertaining--and Peter Stormare's performance in Armageddon--Michael Bay's movies are a heaping helping of steaming dogshit.

Edit: Pain and Gain was at least interesting.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Man, I love the internet. There's haters for basically anyone. Amazing.

I like the channel, definitely recommend the videos when they make weird CG art stuff, especially the one about the bowling shorts.

tvdaXD

Even worse, these guys routinely praise Michael Bay movies. Talk about having your taste in your ass.
You can say whatever you want about the story or writing, but the technical details, especially the VFX were amazing. Marvel could learn from the Transformers movies in that regard.

Kimahri

Banned
They had a very experienced guy from Blur on, so naturally they talk about things he worked on since he can give insights into the production.

Maybe they'll do more in the future, looking at other stuff.

ClosBSAS

These guys are terrible and so overrated. Maybe if they behaved like what they arez a bunch of amateurs trying to get betterr at what they do, instead of a bunch of know-it-alls.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You can say whatever you want about the story or writing, but the technical details, especially the VFX were amazing. Marvel could learn from the Transformers movies in that regard.
This.
Marvel's VFX these days look embarrassing in comparison to most Michael Bay films .

Kdad

These guys are terrible and so overrated. Maybe if they behaved like what they arez a bunch of amateurs trying to get betterr at what they do, instead of a bunch of know-it-alls.
I watch them off and on...never got that vibe...the fact that most of their shows are bringing actual experts in to talk kinda reveals that the corridor crew doesn't think themselves as experts imo.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Bay makes insane visually interesting movies that are oftentimes a load of aul wank but on occasion he does hit one out of the park, anyways these guys critique SFX and theres one thing you cant label at Bay's movies is that they have shitty effects

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Bay makes insane visually interesting movies that are oftentimes a load of aul wank but on occasion he does hit one out of the park, anyways these guys critique SFX and theres one thing you cant label at Bay's movies is that they have shitty effects
Michael Bay films are mindless popcorn fun.
Anyone really trying to critique them on anything other then that is a idiot.
Jerry Bruckheimer & Michael Bay films is actually something we could do with more of these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom