• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Rumor Clickbait Cory Balrog (God of War) tweets out "End Transmission"; Twitter profile has space + satellite

Jan 29, 2019
Satellite-----------Mars----------God of war

No idea
You may be on to something!

Mars is the important Roman god after Jupiter. He was probably originally an agricultural god, and the month of March is named after him. His Greek equivalent is Ares.

Tomeru

Aug 20, 2014
Israel
Self important developer on twitter: "Hey guys my dog just farted"

Followers: "Holy shit. His dog just farted this must be a hint about his next game!!!"

Self important developer on twitter: "Oh man i'm such a badass. I must make more posts like these."
Lmao what are you on about

Dada55000

Oct 24, 2018
You may be on to something!

Mars is the important Roman god after Jupiter. He was probably originally an agricultural god, and the month of March is named after him. His Greek equivalent is Ares.
They're the same god and pantheon, the Romans copy pasted the Greek religion and renamed everything. And GoW3 already fucked the chance at having both existing concurrently by having 'Hercules', the romanised version of the Greek hero Herakles be in the game as Zeus' spawn. He even wore a centurion themed outfit. (Also a joke about being voiced by Kevin Sorbo.) It was a careless thing to do even then, since in Ghost of Sparta, the first game after 3, you go to a place literally called Herakles Square, even though there's no Heracles in that universe. Whoops.

Then again, there's always the power of retcon.