• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cory Booker drops out of the presidential race

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

Sen. Cory Booker. D-N.J., announced Monday he is dropping out of the Democratic presidential race.

With his departure, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is now the only black candidate remaining in the 12-candidate Democratic primary.
"Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump’s hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build a more just and fair country for everyone," he said in an email to supporters obtained by NBC News. "I’ve always believed that. I still believe that. I’m proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others."

"And maybe I’m stubborn, but I’ll never abandon my faith in what we can accomplish when we join together," he continued. "I will carry this fight forward — I just won’t be doing it as a candidate for president this year. Friend, it’s with a full heart that I share this news — I’ve made the decision to suspend my campaign for president."

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Corey Booker is as genuine as a pair of chinese Nake Air Jerdons.
Please don't disrespect Chinese Nake Air Jerdons, those child slave labourers who made them would be highly offended in this comparison comrade.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Strange how unlike the others his concession speech didn't have excuses or blame anyone, he just says that he won't be running.

I'm sure he'll fix that in a post-drop out interview though.

So Tulsi is next, then Yang.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Is he still “dating” that gross, big-grill-having chic from Hollywood? Or can he come out of the closet now?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Has he played the race card yet? Or is he saving that for when he isn't picked for VP?

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Just vicious. This is why I am keen on who runs for the Democrats. It's going to be very interesting watching them debate a hostile Trump who has many accomplishments under his belt to crow about, and a myriad of blunders each of these candidates have made to hammer them with.

We all know nothing is off limits for Trump so those debates should be amazing to watch.

Trump VS Booker would have been like watching Tyson fight a midget wearing a padded helmet. I mean it would have been funny at first, but you start to wince almost immediately. That kind of thing.

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Just vicious. This is why I am keen on who runs for the Democrats. It's going to be very interesting watching them debate a hostile Trump who has many accomplishments under his belt to crow about, and a myriad of blunders each of these candidates have made to hammer them with.

We all know nothing is off limits for Trump so those debates should be amazing to watch.

Trump VS Booker would have been like watching Tyson fight a midget wearing a padded helmet. I mean it would have been funny at first, but you start to wince almost immediately. That kind of thing.
The ratings bonanza that these debates are going to represent is going to be insane. People are going to want to tune in in droves to see the verbal beatdown Trump is going to lay on which ever fool is going to be across from him.

And he has ammo on all of em. Biden is like shooting fish in a barrel. Warren we all know about the Native thing. Bernie actually would probably be the hardest match up for him but he can hammer him with his heart attack and communisim.

All I know is the debates will probably be the best comedy of the decade.

Reactions: Eiknarf
Oct 26, 2018
HAHAHAHA!

Every democrat likes to badmouth Trump every second, it's only fair he gets to do it back.

Looks like Mr Drink the Kool Aid Biden isn't so cool after all.

I think even Marianne Williamson with her coke head dream speeches polled higher and she hasn't been in a primary debate since the summer.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019

Hahaha WOW! That’s the best tweet

Show me a better Tweet and I give you oral live on camera

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com

I so wanted to see him call Kamala “Willie Brown’s Mistress” on national TV.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Hahaha WOW! That’s the best tweet

Show me a better Tweet and I give you oral live on camera
Your going to be giving a lot of Blow Jobs.

This is a good tweet but its pretty pedestrian for Trump. There are too many but the one below is pretty good. You have a good camera?

• LOL
Reactions: A Regular Guy

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Once he started babbling that ridiculous ‘ Spanish ‘ at the debate with Beto he’s been done. His eyes were all crazed almost screaming to frantically show off his terrible language skills. And he’s clearly gay, or perhaps the most effeminate heterosexual male in history. Stick a fork in him.

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
US
Ladies, Gentlemen, brap brap ,

I too would like to take this time to announce that I am also suspending my campaign for the democratic nomination for President of the United States. I would like to thank all of you who supported my campaign. I simply couldn’t break out of the 0% support category on account of being even whiter than Bernie Sanders, much straighter than Buttigieg, and even less genetically Native American than Warren (if that were even possible).

Last edited: