• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| Alyssa's Chrono Phantasy

dukeoflegs

Maybe because my TV is older but Alyssa's life is half cut off on the top of the screen during battles and I can't see the bottom of the boarder on the text bix during dialog.

Amir0x

Banned
Maybe because my TV is older but Alyssa's life is half cut off on the top of the screen during battles and I can't see the bottom of the boarder on the text bix during dialog.

I haven't played yet, but is there an option to adjust screen size in the menus? Lots of games have that, not sure if Cosmic does.

Eusis

In addition to what Amir0x said, check the system settings to see if there's something for the screen size. That would hit EVERY game then if it's there.

Ac3FS9e.gif

Congrats Neverfade!

Grats to never! and crapp,I missed the 20% discount it seems on psn by waiting to see if I won,lol..Well damn.

Edit:Welp took the 3.00 loss and bought..Can't wait to play the game :)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Also check to see if you have a setting in your TV's menu called "HD Size" or something similar. It might be buried in advanced picture options. Often there's an option to have it at either full size or at 95% size with a slight overscan zoom on it, and if you have it accidentally set to the second one, HUD elements can get cut off at the edge.

dukeoflegs

Also check to see if you have a setting in your TV's menu called "HD Size" or something similar. It might be buried in advanced picture options. Often there's an option to have it at either full size or at 95% size with a slight overscan zoom on it, and if you have it accidentally set to the second one, HUD elements can get cut off at the edge.
I'll check that next, thanks.
Nothing in the ps4 settings worked. Changed the display area, tried 1080p and i.
Edit: doesn't look like my zoom settings fix, guess I need to invest in a new tv. Also had a similar issue with The Order 1886
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll keep playing.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yoooo where's my backer keys

Edit: to clarify I got an email for a PC key but not PSN? Also if I want to gift this Steam code, do I just give the link in the email, or should I open it, grab that key, and then give that?

Burt

Also, thanks again to Cornbread, because going back through my PMs, I saw that they were the one that hooked me up with the beta key initially. So, thanks!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Having an odd issue on the PS4 version where pressing X to finish a conversation with an NPC instantly causes me to talk to them again.

Eusis

Redeemed PC key, don't care if I miss out on PS4 now if it comes to that.

I like how it's designed to BE a challenge so far, in that you're encouraged to use your abilities and items without worrying about them.

If I were to guess I would say that Robert is probably killing himself trying to make sure final patches etc. go live and the Hyperduck guys are killing themselves to get backer codes out. It's a pretty small team. I wouldn't be shocked if stuff doesn't drop until much later today.

I do think Robert will check in with the thread and see bug reports as well.

Gotta sleep now, but really enjoying this so far. Combat feels really unique but sensible and I'm really looking forward to what it will be like when it's more complex!

Just had a nasty glitch where I got stuck into a wall. Save often, guys! Lost nearly 45 minutes of progress.

Other than that, man... This game hits all the right spots. Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World opened my eyes to indie RPGs (going so far as to buying every JRPG inspired title on Xbox's indie section) and to see them come this far as a studio makes me so happy. I can't wait until Wednesday when I can actually dig my claws into this for longer than an hour.

Jeffrey

you know when your game struck gold when there are people like me playing persona 5 right now yet, thinking about when my ps4 code for this game will arrive :p

Mrbob

tried to impulse buy on steam, not for sale yet. welp
I don't think the devs can talk about Steam release with their Sony deal because one of them ignored my Steam release question in another thread.

I'm assuming it'll be up by 10am Pacific and hopefully 11.99 but we'll see what the price is.

dukeoflegs

You need to adjust your TV for overscan. Search Google for the model TV you have and that word and you'll figure it out.

LOL, so I did that and got 4 links on google, I think that has been the least number of links I've ever had when searching on google. I don't want to derail the thread anymore and I'll just chalk it up to my TV being old and not having the ability to change the settings in-depth enough to fix the issue.

(TV is a Digital Lifestyles LT42322, if anyone wants to see who rocks old TV's).

Speely

Banned
It's times like these I wish I didn't live paycheck-to-paycheck. I need this game NAO!

This weekend will have to do. I can't wait. Keep the impressions coming, buddies!!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
One very minor issue early on: At the end of the
escape from API HQ
text pops up saying that it's the end of the beta demo and more content will be coming soon. Presumably that shouldn't be in the final retail version.

Eusis

You need to adjust your TV for overscan. Search Google for the model TV you have and that word and you'll figure it out.
Not a guarantee with every TV (like he highlighted.) This is part of why it's important to have the settings at a system level.

And it's a bit of a derail but it's an important detail to point out, and it's probably why Nintendo requires to compensate for overscan despite being able to adjust scaling in the menus (that, and they blew it initially on Wii U.)

Eusis

I don't care much about going PS4 now with Vita coming later and likely a lack of cross save. Plus you never know where you'll be a few years later and I think it'd be more convenient on PC now.

But then that doesn't apply to everyone and for some it may be outright inverted (abandoned gaming capable PCs, need it on console) so it still sucks. Only so much they can do with the work force they have though. :/

Just ran into a bug after defeating the second boss. When you zone out, its suppose to trigger a cut-scene but it didn't. I was pretty much stuck until I closed the program and relaunched the game.

I'm currently playing it on the PS4 Pro.

dottme

I'm just starting. It looks quite fun.
I like the art and the universe. I'm playing on Heroine difficulty, I'll see if it is too much.

when will it be available on humble bundle? I did a pre-order through zeboyd website a long time ago for the PC version, and i still have the humble bundle link for it!

But it's still not available yet!

BluWacky

when will it be available on humble bundle? I did a pre-order through zeboyd website a long time ago for the PC version, and i still have the humble bundle link for it!

But it's still not available yet!

My guess would be when it goes live on Steam (which is usually 5pm UK time or so). That's been my experience with PC pre-orders in the past.

Top Bottom