• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| Alyssa's Chrono Phantasy

I won't be able to play this anytime soon, but I'll buy day when the final version goes up to support robert to make more games like this.

Yeah, still nothing. This is pretty lame.

Backer PSN codes haven't gone out because we're trying to fix the major problem with the PSN build first.

Does that mean you will have to wait for certification on the proper version? Or was the proper version approved and the beta just accidentally uploaded?

An old version of the game was certified and we were told we could replace it with the finished final version with a quick patch that would be approved really quickly (an hour or two). But we're having trouble getting the system to accept the patch.

Sölf

Totally forgot this releases so soon. I am still playing Persona 5 at the moment, but I will definitly check this out at a later date. I have waited far to long for this game to now not play it. xD

Backer PSN codes haven't gone out because we're trying to fix the major problem with the PSN build first.

An old version of the game was certified and we were told we could replace it with the finished final version with a quick patch that would be approved really quickly (an hour or two). But we're having trouble getting the system to accept the patch.

So I should not play further (I only did the first battle or two) for now?

Hobbun

Is the digital cross-save with the physical version being released by LRG?

I am willing to pay for both digital and physical, but I don't want to get a good distance into the game and then realize I need to start over when I purchase the retail version.

If it's not cross-save, then I will just wait for the physical version.

Hobbun

Game is not cross-save at the moment.

And yeah, if you downloaded the PS4 version, you might want to hold off on playing it for now. Shouldn't need to delete it though.

Ok, thanks.

I haven't downloaded anything yet, was holding off until I got confirmation. Any idea when it will be cross-save or when the physical version will be released?

I know the FAQ indicates when ”the PS4/Vita versions have been out for a bit...and to make tweaks/changes for the physical copies". But any estimated time on that?

CTLance

Oh this just pisses me off. I kickstarted this, I waited patiently for release, I got my key on time, ... and now I have no time at all for gaming at home. And even if I had, my PC decided right now would be a great time to do some kind of suicidal hokey pokey, with my GPU once again dying. Probably a faulty PSU or motherboard at this point. No time to check. Grrrrrrr.

Dammit. Hope y'all will play my share as well.

zenspider

Was hoping for a Phantasy Star-alike, but I guess I'll settle for an excellent looking Squaresoft-style RPG haha.

Enjoyed the few minutes I could tear myself away from P5 for - had the same 'x' finishes conversations and starts them again immediately.

Also had some instances of the background scrolling being real choppy - but this is the BETA accidentally? Don't mind waiting for an update.

Robert from Zeboyd Games stated Humble purchasers should see their key there for activating.

Robert's Twitter said:
If you bought Cosmic Star Heroine from Humble Store, you should be able to get a Steam key for it now.

Timeaisis

Damn, sucks to hear about the beta version up on PSN. Hope you can get it resolved soon.

Grabbing the steam version tonight. Looking forward to it. :)

Congrats on the release! It's a shame things aren't going as smoothly as they could, but It'll all work out in the end.

I backed this on Kickstarter but probably won't get a chance to play for a few weeks. Looking forward to it though :)

It happened with Night in the Woods too, what the hell Sony....

Well, the thing is I was making changes to the game up until late Friday night/Saturday morning. If we had finished everything up earlier than that, we would have had more of a cushion to deal with uploading issues and the like. So it's mostly my fault, not Sony's.

Teletraan1

Banned
Sucks to hear about PS4 issues but it will get fixed. I was considering the PS4 version but I like the down the road Linux port included with Steam for a replay so I will go that way. Can't wait.

Well, the thing is I was making changes to the game up until late Friday night/Saturday morning. If we had finished everything up earlier than that, we would have had more of a cushion to deal with uploading issues and the like. So it's mostly my fault, not Sony's.

It happens. Im sure most people understand. Also did anyone else notice the trailer on the page is all distorted and the goes blank? Was waiting for the game to release and trying to watch it. It just wouldnt work.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
It happens. Im sure most people understand. Also did anyone else notice the trailer on the page is all distorted and the goes blank? Was waiting for the game to release and trying to watch it. It just wouldnt work.

Which page are you referring to?
Just so I can look into it

Conezays

That's too bad about the beta version being uploaded instead. Guess I'll wait to play; any idea when the updated version will be up? Today, next week, etc.? Thanks.

I'm currently uploading some files that fix the PS4 version and should be accepted by the PSN update system so hopefully it'll just be a few hours. :) Crossing fingers that everything goes smoothly.

Was able to play up to the first boss before work today and really enjoyed it. I'll have to find more time this week between overwatch games.

Wasnt feeling the hand drawn art personally, but I'm loving the ingame art. Big fan of Phantasy Star and Chrono Trigger and I'm feeling boyh in asthetic and the gameplay.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
PSN page. Main trailer. Goes green. Then black. Audio plays though.

That's bizarre. I wonder if it's still processing or something.
Back when we put up the trailer for the promotion it took like a whole day to go from green/blackouts to working right.

I'll give it time, if it's still borked later today I"ll ping Sony.

Thanks for the info!!!

zakujanai

Backed this 3 and a half years ago and still can't even play it the day it comes out.

Fortunately Persona 5 and Trails 3rd are already way too much for me to handle right now, don't know if I'll ever actually get round to this.

For what it's worth though it looks great and it deserves to do well.

Cornbread78

I'm currently uploading some files that fix the PS4 version and should be accepted by the PSN update system so hopefully it'll just be a few hours. :) Crossing fingers that everything goes smoothly.

Pwease!

giphy.gif

antibolo

Banned
As a software engineer myself I can sympathize with y'all situation. Hang in there guys.

(Personally I'm waiting for the Vita version anyway so it doesn't impact me right now)

hawk2025

Awesome, thanks so much.

For what it's worth, the first hour of the game, even in beta mode, was amazing already :)

I can't think of more than a tiny handful of RPGs that show a compelling battle system right off the bat, but this is one of them.

prophecy0

The soundtrack is up! https://hyperduck.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-star-heroine-original-soundtrack

If you want to check out the song Laura Shigihara helped us out with (lyrics & vocals), it's 16. 言い返す のよ(Talk Back)

I'm obviously biased having worked on it, but I think the soundtrack is amazing. I think it lives up to any of the great RPG soundtracks.

I'm a few tracks in now and so far it is fantastic! I went ahead and pre-purchased the game yesterday on PS4. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to actually play it but I wanted to show my support.

So how's the game? It's out on steam? Can we get some impressions? Does it have Sli support?

Game's not out on Steam, but should go up today. Some people have played it via pre-release codes. Here's the most complete review/impressions I've seen so far - http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233692810&postcount=205 - and he said it took him about 16 hours on Heroine difficulty which falls in line with our estimates.

I don't know why you would need SLI support on the game - from what we hear, it runs really well even on the low-powered GPD Win so requirements aren't high. And it's a retro-style pixel-based game so it's not like there's fancy visual effects from a better GPU.

Top Bottom