• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| Alyssa's Chrono Phantasy

I'm just going to restart once the patch is live. A streamer who was about 8 hours in was complaining about frequent bugs/glitches. I'm not going to take the risk and use a beta save with the final version.

Just a PSA for those playing. It's probably best to hold off and restart once PSN updates.

Xena

lol I bought it like a minute before the discount went up. I didn't know Steam was supposed to give one like PS4.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
We want (actually, need) to get Steam Achievements in this.

Robert will be getting those in as soon as he or we can do it, we just have a few more fires to put out right now with other stuff

also basically we ran up to the last minute finishing stuff and we still have a few quirks to iron out, but we fully intend to have Achievements soonish.. we need them

Jeffrey

Man I keep forgetting how cheap this game is. What's the deal Robert lol.

If square enix is charging $40 for their indie chrono trigger clone of similar length, surely you could at least charge $20 to 30 lol.

I can nearly buy this game on steam and ps4 for the price of the bayonetta pc version and that game is priced pretty low!

We want (actually, need) to get Steam Achievements in this.

Robert will be getting those in as soon as he or we can do it, we just have a few more fires to put out right now with other stuff

also basically we ran up to the last minute finishing stuff and we still have a few quirks to iron out, but we fully intend to have Achievements soonish.. we need them

I presume if I start playing now those won't retroactively unlock?

Congrats on the launch! I'm excited to try this out sometime, I've been following it for a while but i've got way too many games to play right now.

VandalD

What I've poked in the soundtrack has all been amazing. I've loved L'Salle since the trailer years ago, and Spy-Fi is another favorite. I'm glad the game wasn't pushed to releasing tomorrow or something. The plan to push all other games aside, including the other ones that came out today, remains intact!

Jeffrey

What's with everyone here having a Gpd? Are those worth the money? I feel like everything I read is about build quality and other issues.

aravuus

Uhh..

BEGPJfj.gif

Not pressing any buttons. I'm writing this post, so clearly my keyboard isn't acting up. I don't have any controllers or anything connected.

Enter still works, so... Hard mode playthrough, I guess.

Uhh..

BEGPJfj.gif

Not pressing any buttons. I'm writing this post, so clearly my keyboard isn't acting up. I don't have any controllers or anything connected.

Enter still works, so... Hard mode playthrough, I guess.

Are you sure you don't have any controllers hooked up? I had a similar problem on Metal Slug 3 on Steam and it turned out that I had an old Steam controller hooked up behind my system that I had completely forgotten about.

Hobbun

We created a patch - turns out the settings that the Sony people thought it was supposed to be set to were slightly off (literally one number). I just finished recreating a new patch with the change they indicated and I'm uploading it now. Hope this time for no issues.

So there is no way to take down the beta version and put the good version up instead? You have to put out a patch? Or is it just one of those aspects you are reliant on Sony to take it (beta version) down?

I just figured it would be easier, as then you wouldn't have to actually patch it, and it avoids any other issues that could crop up from patching the game, and just send a fully Q&A'd version.

So there is no way to take down the beta version and put the good version up instead? You have to put out a patch? Or is it just one of those aspects you are reliant on Sony to take it (beta version) down?

I just figured it would be easier, as then you wouldn't have to actually patch it, and it avoids any other issues that could crop up from patching the game, and just send a fully Q&A'd version.

Not sure how much detail I can go into here, but everyone at Sony agreed that the way we're doing it would be the quickest way to fix the problem.

Jeffrey

When things go weird. Restart the application.

If that doesn't work, restart the pc.

Solves 99% of software problems!

Knurek

Robert, I take offence at the blatant misinformation you have on your store page.

• Over 100 minutes of music!
Whereas the actual game has 3 hours, 51 minutes of unique music data. More than two times as much!
Please fix ASAP.
:p

aravuus

Do you have a virtual joystick/keypad remapping program running on your computer?

I had vjoy installed because of camera problems in Tales of Berseria, looks like uninstalling that did the trick. It wasn't even on or anything, sort of a good thing it did this too, wouldn't have remembered to uninstall it otherwise lol.

Primus

Quickly blazed through the intro mission and back-to-the-base setup and am having a lovely time of it. Died once on the first boss (Heroine level) but quickly changed up strategies and was able to take him down easily the second time.

Good stuff.

Mac/Linux/Vita/XBO versions aren't ready yet. Any Humble Store or Steam purchases will get you the Mac & Linux versions when they're done.

Do you think we'll see it on Xb1 in 2017? Just trying to get an idea of what games to look forward to. Im sure you've got a lot going on with the current release however and im completely understanding that these things take time. Just hyped for your game and looking forward to one day playing it on xb1 :p

Interfectum

Do you think we'll see it on Xb1 in 2017? Just trying to get an idea of what games to look forward to. Im sure you've got a lot going on with the current release however and im completely understanding that these things take time. Just hyped for your game and looking forward to one day playing it on xb1 :p

This game with 16xAF on Scorpio! :drool

Really want to be completely done with all CSH stuff this year so hopefully.

Burt

I loved chrono trigger but I actually don't remember how much time I needed to finish it xD

Well, that's a longer game, but they have the same sort of momentum. In just its first few hours, CT takes you from 1000 AD to 600 AD to 2000 AD to the End of Time, because it doesn't bog you down with random encounters or poor directions or long overworld treks or fetch quests that have you backtracking all day - it keeps you moving forward. Same sort of thing here. Arguably +1 for no respawning enemies.

Top Bottom