• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could Disney's Epic Mickey Series Be Making A Comeback?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Epic Mickey series showed a lot of promise when the first game made its debut on the Nintendo Wii in 2010, but the second entry ended up being a commercial failure. Despite this, there are still many fans who would like to see this short-lived series make a comeback.

With this in mind, another piece of new - yes, new - Epic Mickey clothing has been spotted online, this time on a Korean website. This follows on from the Dutch Funko-Pop website last month listing an Epic Mickey-themed t-shirt. Here are images of both:

epic-mickey-hoodie.original.png

epic-mickey-t-shirt.original.jpg

The artwork on the hoodie might even be a "new" render. Between this and the t-shirt, it seems rather odd for a series that's been out of action for years to suddenly be receiving brand-new apparel in 2020.

There's also a theory that it ties in with rumours - dating back to December last year - about the developer PlayMagic working on an "unannounced remaster" of a Disney IP.

Last edited:

Scotty W

These games had the potential to be fantastic. Strange that Disney has enough faith in the series to greenlight 2 sequels, but not enough to give the developers enough time and resources to polish them to where they should be.

Joey.

I would like to see Epic Mickey return. I was really interested back in the day and then never got it.
I would love to see a return or maybe a new Mickey IP.

Top Bottom