• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could the Avengers (MCU) have stopped the invasion of Earth by Zod (MoS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically could these guys:

Screen+shot+2014-03-28+at+11.44.33+AM.png

with the help of SHIELD, could they beat...

man-of-steel-zod-feature.jpg

Zod's plan is the exact same as in MoS and the only difference is that Superman is NOT here (period) and only the Avengers are able to put up a fight.

Can they do I?

Penguin

At best, they'd slow em down for a bit.

But fighting an army of Superman-level villains, their chances aren't good at all.

Jackpot

Banned
Hell yes. Thor & Hulk are easily a match for them. Cap and Ironman would have more difficulty but would probably get a few licks in.

Superman giving a half-hearted slap on the side of a room breached the hull of their spaceship. They would go down, no problem.

It might be a more pertinent question to ask if MoS Supes could defeat the Chitauri invasion (I say yes, but only if he used super speed to punch out all the footsoldiers).

Dysun

Thor and Hulk could probably take on a few themselves, but they would get overrun. The other Avengers wouldn't do much unless the plot demanded a phantom zone nuke delivery system

It might be a more pertinent question to ask if MoS Supes could defeat the Chitauri invasion (I say yes, but only if he used super speed to punch out all the footsoldiers).

Sure, but he would have murdered a million civilians and flattened an entire city all by himself and cried like a baby after snapping a space-worm's neck.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Hell yes. Thor & Hulk are easily a match for them. Cap and Ironman would have more difficulty but would probably get a few licks in.

Superman giving a half-hearted slap on the side of a room breached the hull of their spaceship. They would go down, no problem.

Superman would just have flown through the wormhole, reached the main invasion force and destroyed it in 30 seconds

The Avengers vs. Basically a few Supermen. I don't like The Avengers' chances.
Except these "supermen" don't know what they're capable of and would probably only use their strength and speed.... at first.

SHIELD would take care of the world machines
Hulk and Thor would have to handle ALL the heavy fighting with some backup from Ironman, while Cap is stuck on the ground with Black Widow and Hawkeye clearing civilians from being crushed by falling buildings.

JDSN

Banned
Yeah, probably without destroying the hundreds of lives and two fucking satelites, one on purpose.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sure, but he would have murdered a million civilians and flattened an entire city all by himself and cried like a baby after snapping a space-worm's neck.
You mean no one died when that giant worm thing collapsed on those buildings? Man that's...convient.

There is only a low body count because they brush over it, like most superhero comics do.

sleepykyo

The Avengers would be crushed given the way the movies went. Hulk and Thor are portrayed as strong, but not invulnerable. The kryptonians on the other hand have insane speed, strength and durability.

MisterHero

Movie Thor couldn't stop Iron Man. He's not gonna do anything to Superman.

Hulk got overwhelmed by Chitauri soldiers. Superman alone could do the same with superspeed and heat vision. He'd be too fast for Hulk too get angrier.

Finally, Superman would fly into the wormhole and beat the shit out of Thanos. These 6 were gonna beat him with the Infinity Gauntlet and/or Cosmic Cube, and Thanos doesn't have either.

Remember this is MCU; their characters are weaksauce. Justice League would absolutely obliterate them and save the day.

JdFoX187

Banned
Except these "supermen" don't know what they're capable of and would probably only use their strength and speed.... at first.

SHIELD would take care of the world machines
Hulk and Thor would have to handle ALL the heavy fighting with some backup from Ironman, while Cap is stuck on the ground with Black Widow and Hawkeye clearing civilians from being crushed by falling buildings.

How would SHIELD take out the world machine? Nothing they have could withstand the gravitational pull the thing was exhibiting. Only Thor would have a chance, since he's the most comparable to Superman. But there still hasn't been anything in the three movies that really showcases his actual strength comparable to Superman.

Verendus

Banned
Isn't this a lopsided battle? This is about as ridiculous as that Nolan Bats and TWS Cap match up.

Superman takes out most of Zod's army with that black hole thing or whatever. If I remember right, there are only ever three soldiers on the ground for Superman to fight. How would Avengers take out an army of Supermen? Thor and Hulk are their only useful Avengers in this battle and they seem weak compared to what I read on GAF about their comic counterparts. The other four would be dead in less than a minute.

That chick alone in Zod's army would kill them all.

These kind of battles never make sense to me. You're comparing two different universes.

The Kryptonians seemed way more powerful than anything seen in Marvel. Especially in regards to speed, Marvel guys look like snails compared to the shit Supes does in MoS.

I really can't see a fight between Hulk and Thor busting up the city the way Supes and Zod did.

This is actually really good and a hard question to answer. I think the real wild card is Hulk. Thor seems weak without his hammer in the movies, and I think Zod and his crew are fast enough to dodge the hammer and deal with Thor. Hulk seems to be capable in the strength department but no flying and speed could hamper him here. If Zod and crew were soaking in the atmosphere & sun for longer than the movie than they could take avengers, elsewise they'd lose. Ironman, Cap, Hawkeye & Black Widow wouldn't be that huge of a deal.

Penguin

Unless he uses Kryptonite as a power source or weapon.

Well 1)There's no K in the MoS-universe yet
2)Why are we giving Tony time to build a new suit, but using the fact that Zod and his cronies weren't fully powered up for most of the movie?

It seems like they would have gained more powers by the time Tony finished his suit.

And they would probably just heat vision him to death
Since we saw that Iron Man's suit will eject the user when faced with extreme heat

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
MCU Thor might live. MCU Hulk might live if he amped up fast enough... he can't be slowly bothered, he needs to embrace his inner Ang Lee Hulk and get huge quick. The rest of the Avengers die. Cap lives as long as he can hold on to his shield, but the second it gets ripped out of his arms (along with his arms), he's paste. The others don't even need to be mentioned.

If it was against the Ultimates, there would be no contest, the Ultimates would fuck them up beyond belief. I would actually like to see a cinematic Ultimates just to show the non-comic world how deep the rabbit hole goes with Hulk. Once he actually eats one of the Zoddites and then the screen has to fade to black when he gets to Faora, people will be vomiting in the theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom