• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could this be Guerilla's new IP?

Word is that Guerilla has been working on a new IP for the last two years. Guerilla themselves have even said they want to deviate away from the Killzone franchise.

Meanwhile, Luc de Haan, a concept artist and illustrator that worked on Killzone: Shadow Fall and Halo Spartan Assault is uploading recent works to a personal blog. Now, the probability of the following images being Guerilla's new IP might be slim, but it could be indicative of the direction. And if the rumors of an open-world RPG are to be believed, this looks about right...

4iGAFlT.jpg

GMUWxBv.jpg

r9uccQV.jpg

Ppyd6Pa.jpg

suQZUhn.jpg

What are your thoughts? I'm getting a Destiny / Feudal Japan / Western vibe from these.

Source: Luc de Haan's Blog, Junkie Monkeys

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
One of the Kotaku editors said it wasn't when he ran an article about this work. I doubt he'd publicly post it otherwise.

Still gorgeous art though. I'd love to see that art style even if those specific designs aren't used. Do we know if this guy actually a GG employee or just a contract artist?

While it looks cool, I kind of feel he wouldn't post this if it actually was.

And yet there are people who post in their linked-in profiles/online resumes their involvement on games that haven't been announced yet fairly regularly. Sometimes people do things like this unintentionally.

I'd say if the images disappear in the next couple hours, we'll pretty much have confirmation.

jonno394

If that were the IP I would buy a PS4 today, shame it won't be because I really dig the art style and direction.

Man, i'm genuinely gutted that this won't be a thing now ;(

kmax

Considering how secretive the industry is, I'm sure that any unannounced games are under tight NDA restrictions.

Beautiful concept art, nonetheless.

nded

Reminds of Warhammer 40K, sort of a space-knight thing going on but much less grimdark. Pretty cool.

KOHIPEET

Dat second pic!

He'd probably posted it because the game's design is different now, nevertheless, I'm excited for what Guerrilla has in store.

While it looks cool, I kind of feel he wouldn't post this if it actually was.

And yet there are people who post in their linked-in profiles/online resumes their involvement on games that haven't been announced yet fairly regularly. Sometimes people do things like this unintentionally.

I'd say if the images disappear in the next couple hours, we'll pretty much have confirmation.

Wasn't this what happened to Bungie with Destiny? Granted, it wasn't an illustrator. But someone involved with Bungie / Activision accidentally leaked some artwork.

PHOTOSHOP

hate this trend of everything looking so concept artish in todays AAA games. Like Killzone and Warframe. Just keep it simple

Bikola

Yeah I don't think so. You don't have concept art/assets for unannounced projects lying around for the public to see.

Marc

Incredible art, but looks like Destiny stuff.

Yep.

Not my kind of thing, doesn't work for me. The capes look cool with the designs, the coats, ponchos and hats... not so much.

Bit silly of me to do, but I was hoping for a more gritty blade runner type looking sci-fi game.

Not long to wait until a reveal I guess, lets see if this concept art is close to the mark or not.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Sony have said that one of their IPs was cancelled because it looked and played too much like Destiny ... That's what this is obviously.

Servbot24

Banned
Sony have said that one of their IPs was cancelled because it looked and played too much like Destiny ... That's what this is obviously.

This is personal blog. He would never post professional work there.

Seriously guys. These are just nightly doodles to him. These are nothing. Every professional artist in the world doodles in their free time. They like to draw. You can't get all excited every time an artist draws. It's what they do.

Looks cool. Doubt it's that given how hush-hush everything has been around the project. Sort of wish Destiny looked more like this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Western Fallout with Samurais in Space will be sweet.

ok. Why that fully armored dude is wearing fur Eskimo coat? advanced future-space armour that don't have heat system is kinda silly.

Top Bottom