• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

Id be totally okay with them making Gears 4 a little more casual for all the newer players. This game is brutal to get into.

Give us a Gears 2 + 3 greatest hits maps pack for UE and there's nothing that would disappoint me with 4.

Why not? Don't they have a deal for it with EA or am I just imagining shit?

PvZ GW2 is also on PC/PS4, Microsoft have to follow a plan that suits promoting their games, if they wanted to do it I don't think they'd go "Oh shit well EA got a GW2 beta this week we can't drop an alpha/beta for our second biggest core game franchise", people can play both betas and Xbox One owners are going to be much more interested in seeing/playing Gears.

I think the Gears fanbase would probably riot if they delayed something because of a third-party publisher who had nothing to do with Gears, as nice as PVZ GW is

Maybe they'll show a cinematic at the end after the E3 gameplay that explains where the game takes place.

In addition, Rod and the lead multiplayer designer will show a beta teaser with some new mechanic. That'd be a dream come true.

Addnan

Id be totally okay with them making Gears 4 a little more casual for all the newer players. This game is brutal to get into.

Give us a Gears 2 + 3 greatest hits maps pack for UE and there's nothing that would disappoint me with 4.

You play judegement? They tried the casual route. nobody wanted to play it

Zeta Oni

Look at all the complaints about UE. Have you tried introducing anyone to UE?

Newer players cannot handle the skill gap. Not a fucking chance Gears 4 will be anything like 1.

Pretty much.

Was dealing with wallbouncers like it was pro match from day 1 on UE, I can't imagine how anyone new to the series could play it and not get fustrated. It's completely beginner unfriendly.

Jawmuncher

You can get punished hard trying to learn gears 1

Yeah I was playing recently and Gears 1 still has one hell of a skill ceiling even on the "casual" modes. Was not uncommon to see people stay in multiple games with no kills to their name.

Aside from all that, the most intersting thing to see would be a No Shotgun mode for Gears 4. If not that I always felt the Sawed Off evened the battle field somewhat.

Addnan

Newer players cannot handle the skill gap. Not a fucking chance Gears 4 will be anything like 1.
beginners won't stick to the game no matter how casual they make it, why bother catering to them when they will play 10 games and then we are left with a piece of shit game.

That's what horde mode and campaign are for. Should they develop a game for the lowest common denominator? UE has a solid weapon balance.

Jawmuncher

That's what horde mode and campaign are for. Should they develop a game for the lowest common denominator? UE has a solid weapon balance.

Balanced depends. The weapons on the map can do stuff in the right hands.
But it's still shotgun heavy over anything else. Would be interesting to see the statistics of ranked mode and the kills each weapon has.

pizzacat

Banned
The reason why gears 4 won't play like gears 1 is because gears 1 plays like a game from 06.

You guys are also discarding the people who started on gears 2 or 3

Love gears 1 but it was outdated when gears 2 came out

Sawed-Off had next to no impact on Gears. I have no clue why people still complain about it.
That was his point, their attempt of making it easier for people had no impact because people learned how to maneuver it after week 2 of the beta

Balanced depends. The weapons on the map can do stuff in the right hands.
But it's still shotgun heavy over anything else. Would be interesting to see the statistics of ranked mode and the kills each weapon has.
Gears. That's what it is. People also underestimate the lancer and Pistol and I love picking people apart with them. Gnasher is used a lot because most still play execution. It makes sense to go for close quarter kills unless you have a power weapon.

The reason why gears 4 won't play like gears 1 is because gears 1 plays like a game from 06.

You guys are also discarding the people who started on gears 2 or 3

Love gears 1 but it was outdated when gears 2 came out
You are so wrong it's insane. Went back and played a lot of Gears 1 and now playing Gears UE. It's a breath of fresh air. It holds up extremely well and I still don't think a game has more satisfying kills to this day. Gears 3 MP was amazing and was better in some obvious ways but I still think Gears 1 holds up well.

You are so wrong it's insane. Went back and played a lot of Gears 1 and now playing Gears UE. It's a breath of fresh air. It holds up extremely well and I still don't think a game has more satisfying kills to this day. Gears 3 MP was amazing and was better in some obvious ways but I still think Gears 1 holds up well.

I think there are certain elements of it that were updated for the better in future Gears games and going back to them can be frustrating but I think its incredible how well Gears 1 has aged

That was his point, their attempt of making it easier for people had no impact because people learned how to maneuver it after week 2 of the beta

Yes, but there are a lot of people that still complain about it like it was some game disrupting monster. It's become quite tiresome, especially since I think the weapon has earned a spot in the game. Gears 3's Sawed-Off was fun as hell to use as a change of pace weapon. Nobody would use it competitively though.

a broken shotgun is not weapon "balance"

UE is trash tier, and the fact that it totally fell off the live charts is proof of that

pizzacat

Banned
Just with the introduction of cancelling any bounce makes gears 2 superior, even with its fucked launch and it's fucked overall even with its updates.

To play UE and say it's a breath of fresh air makes sense because no one is making this type of tps anymore

Melee animations being faster then the stun animation?
The I-frames off of being downed
The I-frames off a downed pickup
Downing someone with a torque tag and the explosion doesn't kill them
No weapon advantage during picking up
The randomness of frags and frag stun
How weak some power weapons are
And bullets coming from where your camera is at lol

Gears 1 and ue are so outdated compared to any of the other gears it's crazy, there's more to that especially on movement

Is there any evidence it "totally fell off" the live charts? I don't think Major posts his activity lists anymore?
most played charts are on the dashboard now

UE died after 2 weeks because it catererd to people who like broken hit detection and random bullet spreads from 2006 ignoring the progress of gears 3.

glad it's dead

a broken shotgun is not weapon "balance"

UE is trash tier, and the fact that it totally fell off the live charts is proof of that
The people who say this are trash tier at the game.

Nothing broken bout the shotgun. The live chart proves nothing.

Showing your hand here, bad gears players blame everything but themselves.

The people who say this are trash tier at the game.

Nothing broken bout the shotgun. The live chart proves nothing.

Showing your hand here, bad gears players blame everything but themselves.
people dropping a broken game like the dumpster fire it is "doesn't prove anything"?

it proves no one wants to play a garbage game. you liking an inconsistent shotgun is an opinion, charts are facts

iMax

"bodies EVERYWHERE"

bio-michaelcole.jpg

Top Bottom