• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Countdown on Need for Speed website

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Need For A Better Arcade Racing Franchise Because When Your Best Games Had Horrible Rubberbanding Reducing The Entire Racing Experience To Luck And Your Worst Games Are Nigh Unplayable You Start To Wonder Where The Fuck Ridge Racer Has Been And Get Tired Of Capitalizing The First Letter Of Each Word In This Title

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Based on these images alone, I think it's going to be another stinker.

UN6i2Sf.jpg

eFsWsTc.jpg

:messenger_neutral:

Annnnnd, I’m out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Based on these images alone, I think it's going to be another stinker.

eFsWsTc.jpg

:messenger_neutral:

Marketing Meeting inside EA:

Moron 1, a long-time exec with a look of resignation in his eyes: "The main character should be ugly, like our players."

Moron 2, with a fresh sleeve tattoo: "And what if you could get out of the car?"

Moron 3, who lets his wife sleep with other men: "Yeah, let's remove driving from the experience as much as possible. Millennials usually take the bus these days."

Moron 2: "What if you could protest capitalism by buying loot crates?"

Moron 1: "You've got a gift, my friend."

Fake

Need for Woke?
Woke for Speed?
+ Woke + Furious?
Woke Kong Racing?

Last edited:

Cravis

I am getting Underground vibes. The Miami setting reminds me of 2 Fast 2 Furious, a guilty pleasure of mine.

I had no problem with Payback’s actual racing so I’m optimistically in.

Rayderism

It just seems like more "punks driving their ricer mobiles" to me. And I'm sure it will be open-world too. No thanks. I've already felt burned 3 times with the NFS franchise this gen alone. At best, I'll wait until it's on deep discount before I bother, if I ever bother.

I bet it will have that ridiculous drifting mechanic too, like your driving on plastic tires.....I hate that race-type so much.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I watched the trailer and I got massive Pro Street vibes. I liked Pro Street so I'm all for this. Looks like it's Pro Street by day and traditional NFS by night.

Did I mention Pro Street? Yeeeehaw.

Last edited:
I've had a change of heart after watching the actual gameplay reveal. It looks fun and the cars look sick. I will be buying this.

Top Bottom