• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike: Go to the Bomb Site

Aintitcool

Banned
Hey so I noticed we don't have an official CS:GO community thread at least not one that keeps people up to date and the neogaf community can share friend codes. So here it is.
Please share the sick gifs and clutch videos and talk about the best players (S1mple is the best) as well make sure to post patch notes and the latest and greatest.

counter-strike-global-offensive.svg

Release Notes for 5/22/2019
2019.05.22 -
[GAMEPLAY]
– Smoke, HE Grenade explosions, and fire are now always displayed consistently between all players.

Release Notes for 5/21/2019
2019.05.21 -
[ DANGER ZONE ]
– Blacksite and Sirocco are now both available in official Danger Zone matchmaking as a time-based map rotation.
– Radar jammers block drone pilots with static interference while the jammer is active.
– Drones fly slower when carrying paradrop crates.
– Armor starting equipment option will now give both armor and helmet.
[ MISC ]
– Updated SDR libraries to the latest version.
– Restricted start of client-side demo recording on dedicated servers to warmup and freezetime.
[ MAPS ]
Vertigo:
– Changed Wingman version to use bombsite A.
– Bombsite A changes:
– Pushed back cover on site.
– Tightened final ramp up to site.
– Moved position of crane slightly, made area around it accessible.
– Shortened wood fence, letting CTs more easily control ramp or drop down.
– Moved scaffolding in back of A forward towards the wall.
– Added self-boost onto concrete formwork on A site.
Sirocco:
– Added missing collisions to various door/window frame models.
– Fixed another player stuck spot.
""

hqdefault.jpg

I haven't played in 2 or 3 years but I went as far as being a farmer with a tan. I'd make kennyS blush, I was insane with an awp

Aintitcool

Banned
nt prokda

the only game I play on pc, what's your rank? i'm currently LE, had too much break from CS so rank went down a lot
I just recently got back into CSGO and am now Silver 3. But I have ages of tactical experience playing on minor ESL clan on CSS days and in general always analysing the way the enemy plays.

I just recently got back into CSGO and am now Silver 3. But I have ages of tactical experience playing on minor ESL clan on CSS days and in general always analysing the way the enemy plays.
CS:S will always have a special place in my heart lol, used to play it with friends like a madman in internet cafes. Still like to boot it up from time to time.

Ingeniero

I play some at nights (south america).
Trying to improvemy ranking (nova 2 gold stars).
Hit me if you feel like it: Steam CS:GO ID: MarKONiO

Tesseract

Banned
i quit some time after 1.6, played from alpha on

source sucked and go in its early iteration did too, i might give it another shot soon but tbh, i feel like the game is just too damn easy and fpses have significantly outpaced it with better mobility and athleticism

it's still a good stepping stone for scrubs tho, shame quake sucks

Aintitcool

Banned
I hate playing with people who don't know the importance of good smokes. Lost a game today where I was carrying my team. And then it all fell apart.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
yup lol we beat Super which I believe was cal-p or cal-i at the time
then we got our shit pushed in by da_bears's team, Mug n Mouse i think? I forget

my highlight was rolling XeqtR at warcraft 3 in front of large audience though :p

BigBooper

Think there'd ever be a chance they'd add a classic mode to CSGO? Like with Source physics, hitscan, and animations?

Aintitcool

Banned
Play the classic 1.6 map on casual every other round! Happy anniversary. I played CS 18 of its 20 years :)

Two Decades of Counter-Strike
2019.06.18 -

Twenty years ago, a humble Half-Life mod changed the gaming world. Constantly evolving and shifting over the years, Counter-Strike has never lost its fundamentals: it’s easy to learn, takes a lifetime to master, and is supported by a massive global community.
You can celebrate the history of CS with a retro version of Dust II, currently available in the Casual Dust II map group. There’s also a new sticker capsule featuring the unsung heroes of CS – chickens!

newspic-78834.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
was wondering if any of my stuff was gonna get piped into the anniversary, probably not as i've basically told them to fuck off

Aintitcool

Banned

I'm gonna start making more high light videos, I think im a creative player. This was from the end of last month matches. I animated my avatar for some character in the video, pretty proud. I think its fun.

Anybody else have videos to share?

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
Release Notes for 7/31/2019
2019.07.31 -

[GAMEPLAY]
– Added Breach and Seaside to Defusal Group Sigma.
– Removed Workout from official matchmaking.
– Added “Scrimmage Maps” to official competitive matchmaking. Scrimmage maps include: Ruby, Breach, Seaside.
— When playing Scrimmage Maps in official competitive matchmaking: there are no restrictions on players in your party, your Skill Groups will not be adjusted after the match, your Competitive Wins counter will not be incremented upon winning the match. Abandoning the match after you ‘ACCEPT’ will result in a penalty.

[LINUX]
– Game server logs on Linux are now using a separate thread to write the data to filesystem which improves performance of the game server main thread.

[MISC]
– Fixed a regression which prevented cycling grenades with TAG grenade.
– Fixed a rare crash related to bump mines and breach charges.
– Mute spinner on in-game players can now be dragged all the way down to zero.

[MAPS]
– Fixed an unintended boost position on Overpass.

Vertigo:
– New approach to B site
– Removed “rafters” around B site entrance
– Offset HVAC units on B site, numbered them
– Added a way to throw utility into B site without being exposed
– Removed one-way drop down elevator shaft
– Added ladder-room near elevator shaft, connects up to mid chokepoint, allows utility towards A
– Moved bridge over elevator shaft
– Moved T spawns further back
– Widened utility hole in T corridor to mid
– Made jump up on scaffolding at back of A easier
– Widened door at back of A
– Various minor bug fixes

The skirmish map matches should be 1:20 minutes instead of the usual 2.

Top Bottom