• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike Source Already hacked :(

shuri

Banned
it_real6.jpg

it_real2.jpg

Discuss

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Don't people have better things to do with their time?
How fun is that, really? To play like that.

DSN2K

I dont understand these groups who go around making cheats to ruin everyones game.... sad bunch of people.

If Knew someone who made these hacks I would beat the living hell out of them I swear.

God they make me angry.

Tenguman

ToyMachine228 said:
That doesn't even look like CS: Source...Looks like crap.
No that's what it looks like. Kind of dissapointing really when you compare it to Half-Life 2. CS: Source looks like CS but with better textures. After all this time, you'd think they would have better looking landscapes and terrains?

SyNapSe

I don't even understand how counter strike got so popular. It's a no talent multiplayer game.. it involves two things.. aim, and of course speed of fire (reflexes + ping). WTF.. there is nothing else.

In TFC many times I would be bhopping around with the flag firing my shotgun while holding down one of the grenade buttons, to either kill someone with or HH (w/ conc) out of somewhere.

You have to have great timing to HH out of the pit in Crossover2.. basically jumping the conc the minute you let it go. All the while jumping around and shooting, and having to keep the timer for the nade in the back of your mind, and making sure that you will be in a position to jump at the appropriate time (can't be in mid-air)

I hate you Valve.. they shut down WON at the end of July. :/ Steam sucks.. can't use Sparkies anymore and the game is lame and dead. SCREW OFF!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I prefer Day of Defeat myself, but yeah Counterstrike tends to get boring after a while. Natural Selection is prety sweet too when you play with people who know how to actually play

Sander

I have a slight preference for TFC as well, but not by much since the conc tweaking years ago. Stopped playing not long after that. NOW WHERE IS MY TF2 VALVE?!

SyNapSe

I bought Call oF Duty (a couple weeks ago when WON went down).. It's single player was pretty fun, and I like it's MP better than CS, but there still isn't much to it. I'm thinking UT2k4 might be the ticket.

Also,

Actually on topic.. I think we can pretty much count on EVERY game being released getting hacked. This was one of the big reasons I was excited for Xbox Live, but Live has been pretty lackluster.. an extreme lack of FPS that were worth a crap, IMO.

As I said earlier, playing that CoD right now, and they are using Punkbuster, and people are still hacking... I guess the Punkbuster people went on vacation (I read on a forum). Hopefully, they'll clean it up.

SyNapSe

Sander said:
I have a slight preference for TFC as well, but not by much since the conc tweaking years ago. Stopped playing not long after that. NOW WHERE IS MY TF2 VALVE?!

People released a mod that would turn back the physics to the original versions, or at least for bunnyhopping it would uncap.

Some servers would note (bhop unhooked) on the name.. this had two advantages.. Going fast is fun (could get up to 300% normal speed a lot of the time), it kept the noobs and players who just weren't very good off the servers, and it improved your aim incredibly. When you went back to a normal server it seemed so easy.

I'm sure Valve cut that off with Steam though

Redbeard

Banned
Those textures look like they're from the old HL engine. :/

It's a no talent multiplayer game.. it involves two things.. aim, and of course speed of fire (reflexes + ping). WTF.. there is nothing else.

You forgot #3: blind luck.

Frontline Force 4evr!

SyNapSe said:
I don't even understand how counter strike got so popular. It's a no talent multiplayer game.. it involves two things.. aim, and of course speed of fire (reflexes + ping). WTF.. there is nothing else.

In TFC many times I would be bhopping around with the flag firing my shotgun while holding down one of the grenade buttons, to either kill someone with or HH (w/ conc) out of somewhere.

You have to have great timing to HH out of the pit in Crossover2.. basically jumping the conc the minute you let it go. All the while jumping around and shooting, and having to keep the timer for the nade in the back of your mind, and making sure that you will be in a position to jump at the appropriate time (can't be in mid-air)

Thats why i dont like TFC, to be good at the game u have to use specialized tactics etc, of course its the same with most deathmatch style mp as well

FightyF

Banned
Heheh, for what we know it could be CZ...no one owns that POS so it's hard to say :) The barrel on the ground gives it away though...

Note that the player shadows are missing...which means that it is being played with settings turned down.

RedBeard! Another Frontline Force fan? CS is fun, but has nothing on FLF.

SyNapSe said:
It's a no talent multiplayer game.. it involves two things.. aim, and of course speed of fire (reflexes + ping). WTF.. there is nothing else.

LMAO. Lets get in my server, I'll kick your ass and I'll prove you wrong. :p

What the fuck? People here actually play FLF?
I was a GOD at that game until I quit due to lack of players and reverted back to CS. FLF fucking rules though...so much fun...I just downloaded it again last week and I've been trying to get back into it but I'm rusty.

EDIT: I think a Frontline Force appreciation thread is in order. Who wants to do the honors?

Not that I know of.

I'm just getting back into FLF after about a 1.5 year absence, so I have no idea what the mod's status is other than there's even less people playing then before. :(

Hey.......Punkbuster.....

Can't cheating be capped through Punkbuster support? ...or some system or app like Punkbuster?

You know, one word, two syllables, stops people from cheating in FPS servers in several games:
1.gif

so far, these are the supported titles
Latest PB Versions Server Client
America's Army v1.102 v1.107 A1340
Battlefield 1942 v1.102 v1.107 A1331
Battlefield Vietnam v1.102 v1.107 A1334
Call of Duty v1.102 v1.107 A1336
Enemy Territory v1.089 v1.092 A1336
Far Cry v1.089 v1.063 A1335
Joint Operations v1.096 v1.067 A1317
Quake III Arena v1.089 v1.069 A1336
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield v1.089 v1.068 A1336
Return to Castle Wolfenstein v1.089 v1.069 A1336
Soldier of Fortune II v1.099 v1.078 A1336
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow v1.081 v1.058 A1336

Here's their official site: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php

A few of us who really care should send these guys requests to support our favorite games.

SyNapSe said:
Ok, I'll even play steam, u tell me what class u want me to play and I'll destroy you.

WTF.. lol, it's hard to believe you play TFC on a clan level and I didn't know it.. who are you in? STA, TFL?

Counter-Strike. I will kick your ass at CS. TFC blows. ;)

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
RaymondCarver said:
Hey.......Punkbuster.....

Can't cheating be capped through Punkbuster support? ...or some system or app like Punkbuster?

PunkBuster was tried before for CS. It worked maybe like the first time they released it, but after that the cheaters got one step ahead and it went downhill from there. Valve probably won't integrate it into CS/HL because they believe in their VAC anti-cheat system.

SyNapSe

XMonkey said:
PunkBuster was tried before for CS. It worked maybe like the first time they released it, but after that the cheaters got one step ahead and it went downhill from there. Valve probably won't integrate it into CS/HL because they believe in their VAC anti-cheat system.

It's honestly like sub-24 hours b4 they have ia game at least wallhacked,.. not to mentioned Aimbot

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SyNapSe said:
It's honestly like sub-24 hours b4 they have ia game at least wallhacked,.. not to mentioned Aimbot

you're a nub dude. to say CS requires no skill is about as ignorant as you can get.

I'm probably better than 99% of the people on this forum, and yet... I can't even beat Warcock 2 rounds. eh? he's ex cal-im (intermediate) and i'm ex cal-o (open)... for teh people who don't understand... there's 2 leagues, cpl (cyberathlete professional league) and cal (cyberathlete amateur league) and within them are branches where teams good enough could hit another branch of the league. like cal-o cal-m cal-im and cal-i or something. if everyone was so "good" the leagues would not exist or there would be any slant, it would all be luck. but it's not. and that's why yer an ignorant nub.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I think i've heard that VAC isn't even enabled in the Beta for right now. So we'll see how this stuff pans out in the final release (or whenever they turn VAC on I guess).

Fjord

The thing I love about counterstrike that is missing in alot of FPS games is the mind games that go on. Predicting enemy movements and such, unlike those twitch shooters where you run around aimlessly at high speeds.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Counter-Strike: Source rules so much though. I was playing the beta today at my local gaming cafe... it was insane. No online game is going to touch it for a while, and I would say it's the best multiplayer game of the year if Tribes: Vengeance wasn't scheduled for release this year.

Hacking for me isn't a problem, as I play on a very secure server that has man Admins on almost 24/7 (It's a very serious clan).

SyNapSe

I went back and edited my posts because they were drunken stupidity and flamebait. Back on topic..

Does anyone play a game where Punkbuster seems to work really well? It would be nice. There is definately an aimbot in CoD right now that isn't detected.

I realized the other day, that the best thing about people with Aimbots is they are normally just coming into the server to piss people off. So, they go crazy with it and it's obvious... but yesterday, I was on a server where a guy played for an hour and a half, and I thought he was legit. He obviously kicked ass, but seemed realistic (in hindsight he must have just not been firing much, I suppose).. After a while he got bored I guess, and went crazy with it. On a really open map (MP_Brecourt).. he was just screen scrolling the death bar up top. I guess it was shooting them the second they spawned. He wasn't even ducking, or laying down. It was kind of funny to see; I stood there next to him and zoomed in and I couldn't even see the players he was shooting.

Top Bottom