• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Couple disappear; Man's facebook begins erratic posting; Later, woman found captive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they were kidnapped, and the kidnapper got into their phone/laptop/made them give up account details?

There's a whole bunch of possibilities.

The dog crate missing, if it's big enough for a human. Is scary.

I know Pomeranian is a small breed, but some people have bigger crates if they keep their dog there for extended periods.

Etzer

Other posts were riddled with spelling and grammatical errors Mr Carver’s family say the 32-year-old writer would never make. However, there were certain idiosyncrasies that looked familiar to friends and relatives.

Habitual mistakes such as “dose” for “does” and “are” instead of “our” were something they recognised in posts made by Mr Carver’s estranged wife.

In at least one comment that came from the missing man’s account, the poster asks how another poster knew “my hubby,”.
If it isn't the ex-wife posting on his account, whoever it is sure is trying to make it seem like it's her.

“To do anything like that, we’d have to issue a search warrant to Facebook,” Creamer said. “I don’t know if we’ve done that but I’m pretty sure we have not done that. … You’d have to serve [Facebook] with a search warrant to search their records for an IP.”

A Facebook spokesperson told the website that if they were served with a warrant, they would turn over “recent login/logout IP addresses . . . and location information.”
Well then get a fucking warrant and reopen the damn investigation you idiots. This either goes one of two ways, either its a troll, in which you can torment and find some law to throw down on a scumbag of a human being, or you can be one step closer to finding out what the hell happened to this man.

F!ReW!Re

Interesting story and all.
But is this like the laziest police department ever or doesn't the family care?
Go get that search warrant you lazy fuckers!
Or as a family; pressure the police in getting that search warrant.
What are we waiting for here?

Well then get a fucking warrant and reopen the damn investigation you idiots. This either goes one of two ways, either its a troll, in which you can torment and find some law to throw down on a scumbag of a human being, or you can be one step closer to finding out what the hell happened to this man.

This!

What do you mean by "law".

They're missing. You can file a missing people report right?

yeah, but that really doesn't mean much unless there's some manner of evidence that foul play was involved. LSS, 2 family members of mine up and dissappeared. Only was found out because their neighbors called in a welfare check because their mail had piled up. With our permission cops checked out the house but they couldn't find anything untoward, so best is to flag their license plate in the state system and if they are found and just ask if they are okay.

Ended up reappearing on the complete other side of the country. Vanished in Washington, appeared in Maine.

As I explained earlier, the cops can't really do much of anything, legally, without probable cause. Just being gone isn't enough. People do have a right to just up and leave.

NsirhC

This is the horrible, unnerving kind of spooky one doesn't seek around this time of year.

Also the police showing some serious inability to do basic functions like issue a search warrant to Facebook is laughable.

It's a cult or they've been kidnapped and that person who knows where they are and "cares" about them the most is the kidnapper. Or they're just weird as fuck.

I know Pomeranian is a small breed, but some people have bigger crates if they keep their dog there for extended periods.

That.....fuck. Why did you have to write that? Now my mind is swirling with horrible possibilities.

VoxPop

Have the police or whoever checked on the whereabouts his ex-wife? She definitely seems like the prime suspect in all this.

E-Cat

“To do anything like that, we’d have to issue a search warrant to Facebook,” Creamer said. “I don’t know if we’ve done that but I’m pretty sure we have not done that. … You’d have to serve [Facebook] with a search warrant to search their records for an IP.”
What kind of lousy police is this, anyway?

BouncyFrag

Simpsons_2.png

StayDead

This is awful. At this point it's likely that the two of them are probably dead and this is either a person who's hacked their account doing some really awful things, or the person who killed them taunting the family and police. Either way it's horrible :(

televator

Ugh... could you imagine the work they'd have to do. One of them would have to get on the computer and fill out the proper forms. Then pick up a phone and communicate with a litigator and/or a judge. Serious hand cramps. That's also probably time away from targetting minorities disproportionately. They just can't spare the resources

panty

Ugh... could you imagine the work they'd have to do. One of them would have to get on the computer and fill out the proper forms. Then pick up a phone and communicate with a litigator and/or a judge. Serious hand cramps. That's also probably time away from targetting minorities disproportionately. They just can't spare the resources

This.

Man do I really have to..
A Facebook spokesperson told the website that if they were served with a warrant, they would turn over “recent login/logout IP addresses . . . and location information.”

Or, you know, the police have issued the warrant but are saying they haven't because it's likely the person posting is monitoring stories about this situation.

Suzzopher

That's genuinely terrifying. I hope that is just someone hacking the account as bad as that is, if that's someone who has killed or kidnapped the couple that's straight out of a horror movie.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Or, you know, the police have issued the warrant but are saying they haven't because it's likely the person posting is monitoring stories about this situation.

This is what I was thinking. This "uh, I don't know, we'd have to do that and that, and I'm preeetty sure we haven't?" shit is just too unbelievable. If they are even slightly competent at their jobs they can't just not do shit about a solid lead like this.

Oni Jazar

That is the freakiest story I've heard in a long time and yes that statement from the cop would infuriate me if I was a family member. Even if it was just a hacker that is traumatizing shit to the family.

Corpekata

Banned
It is impressive how deeply ingrained the ignorance of the internet seems willfully ingrained in some police districts. On top of the general police reforms about the whole itchy trigger fingers, it's a concept that needs nationwide attention and training soon.

What are the circumstances of the divorce? Maybe he has snapped over the divorce and kidnapped the girlfriend in the crate and he's posting to look like the ex wife.

Razmos

That's really disturbing, sounds like they have either been kidnapped or murdered and someone is playing a sick game with the family.

Cuburt

Police began looking into it, but as of this week, nearly two months after anyone had heard from them, they still don’t have any suspects.

Um, how about the boyfriend? She was was the one with glasses/contacts left behind and her dog. Where are things that he left behind?

I'm not sure if I believe it was a hacker since it was the bf's account specifically and the messages seem to indicate it's either him or someone who knows them. Also their car is gone, which seems odd if it was some outside party kidnapping them.

Poyunch

Maaaaaannn, I don't like that train of thought. That's some straight up fiction supervillain shit. I hope that's not what happened.

This entire situation is extremely fucked up if it is some sort of murderer/kidnapper using their account.

On Oct. 1, one user commented on the marriage announcement, ” Where the hell is Kala Brown???” to which Charlie’s Facebook account responded, “kala is with her husband charlie.”

That is... pretty unnerving. Damn.

Futureman

This is pretty crazy. Hopefully the FB search warrant thing is just the police not revealing details about the investigation.

Was there any resolution to that other thread where the guy recorded himself talking about a girl and then showing her locked up in a closet?

TaterTots

Banned
The dog being there, but the cage missing is odd to me. Also, the police do not care. He doesn't know what they did or didn't do during the investigation.

This is pretty crazy. Hopefully the FB search warrant thing is just the police not revealing details about the investigation.

Was there any resolution to that other thread where the guy recorded himself talking about a girl and then showing her locked up in a closet?
That was just two actors.

Fbh

As I explained earlier, the cops can't really do much of anything, legally, without probable cause. Just being gone isn't enough. People do have a right to just up and leave.

What?.

So a kidnapper has to leave a note behind for the police to have any sort of legal means to find these people?. That's kinda weird.

They aren't answering to attempts to contact them by their families and the police. There seem to be various factors that don't line up with their usual behaviour (one was said to be in constant contact with his family and the other was said to treat the dog which was left behind with no food almost as her child). And now you have this weird activity on social media.

Sure it doesn't confirm a kidnapping but Id say that's enough for the police to have some legal ground to look for them

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Um, how about the boyfriend? She was was the one with glasses/contacts left behind and her dog. Where are things that he left behind?

I'm not sure if I believe it was a hacker since it was the bf's account specifically and the messages seem to indicate it's either him or someone who knows them. Also their car is gone, which seems odd if it was some outside party kidnapping them.

Yeah that seems the most likely case. Dude must have just snapped, killed her and fled in a hurry.

The only problem is: why post this stuff on Facebook? Are you trying to pin this all on your ex wife by using some of her well known spelling mistakes? Or have your you gone completely insane?

GatorBait

The most plausible scenario seems like the husband kidnapped her. Perhaps put her in the dog crate (assuming it's large enough) while he fled? The stories make reference to there being no immediate signs of struggle/murder, which lead me to believe it's unlikely to be a murder/kidnapping by a third party.

Very freaky story.

"No, we haven't asked FB for location information. I'd have to walk downstairs and fill out a form, and then wait 35 minutes for a faxed return of the completed warrant. Do you know how old our fax machine is? Let me tell you, we're doing everything that we can but our hands are tied."

Jesus fucking christ at that police statement. It's very obvious that the couple has been kidnapped or worse, what the hell is the holdout on getting the basic paperwork done?

Maybe they did just run away together?
They were both due to meet friends for dinner the day they disappeared, right? So they know people would come looking for them before long when they didn't turn up, hence why they left the door unlocked, so the dog could be taken care of. Not sure about the missing crate though, maybe they just got rid of the crate before all of this happened, and its absence has nothing to do with their disappearance? To me that is more plausible than the husband kidnapping his wife and putting her in the crate..

Maybe they did just run away together?
They were both due to meet friends for dinner the day they disappeared, right? So they know people would come looking for them before long when they didn't turn up, hence why they left the door unlocked, so the dog could be taken care of. Not sure about the missing crate though, maybe they just got rid of the crate before all of this happened, and its absence has nothing to do with their disappearance? To me that is more plausible than the husband kidnapping his wife and putting her in the crate..

This sounds good to me. They seem to be people that would be checked up on in time for the dog to make it.

Wow from the Killer clowns at night phase

To the debunked YouTube video of a man with a kidnapped Girl

Now to this!!!

Real life can be fucking scarier than a horror movie sometimes

Jesus fucking christ at that police statement. It's very obvious that the couple has been kidnapped or worse, what the hell is the holdout on getting the basic paperwork done?

Actually, no it's not. The only evidence that we know of so far is 'they are acting somewhat odd on facebook' and 'they left their shit behind'. Hardly a rock solid case of murder or kidnapping.

If anything, the police are keeping their cards close to their chest to not give away what they actually do know, or they actually have been in contact with them already and were flat out told that the couple wanted to be left alone and they are respecting those wishes.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I hope they are found ok. I hope the husband or his ex wife didn't do anything terrible. If it wasn't for the dog detail, things would not seem so sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom