• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Couple disappear; Man's facebook begins erratic posting; Later, woman found captive

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy706

Through rumors here I've been told that the girl he originally kidnapped when he was 15 lives here in SC. He, evidently, still kept tabs on her.

Also heard that some of those he murdered may actually be related to her. Waiting on if the police/reports ever mention any of this, so take it with a huge grain of salt for now.

Living in SC has been a bit freaky here lately. Spartanburg area is known for being in the news a lot (violence wise) though. This guy was hiding out right in the middle of it all. Ugh

Clockwork

So far they have him on the kidnapping, the murder of the boyfriend, the 4 Superbike murders, and now two additional unidentified bodies/remains.

Crazy.

Boney

Banned
So far they have him on the kidnapping, the murder of the boyfriend, the 4 Superbike murders, and now two additional unidentified bodies/remains.

Crazy.
If he hadn't been torturing the woman he would have kept on murdering. Can't believe they couldn't do anything about the previous murders

Shredderi

This shit is super scary. It's so fucking horrifying what a demented mind can do when the person is fairly intelligent. It's the stupid criminals who get caught soon after their crime, but smart people can hide for a lot longer in plain sight while being absolute monsters.

Stories like this always horrify me to the core. Everyone is afraid of the possiblity of getting shot at a mall or getting in the crossfire of a gangwar etc. but this is the real nightmare tier stuff. Getting targeted by someone absolutely inhumane, operating in broad daylight behind the mask of an ordinary man that you'll never see coming is something else. It would be like being hunted by a horror movie monster except the moster is real and looks like us.

Oh yeah, definitely mistakes made there, but people are suggesting that they could've nailed the location Brown was found two months ago when the couple first went missing and we absolutely don't know that.

And you know this information was available to them two days after the couple went missing because...?

The only information we do know is that the cell phone location was last tracked to that approximate location two days after the couple disappeared, after which there's no further cell tower connections made by the phones. We don't know when this information was released to the investigators. I feel like many of you are mixing up when the cell phones are known to have last had contact with towers with when the investigators had that information.

You also realise 80 acres is a fairly large area that wouldn't pinpoint one property, right? And as I've mentioned, they waited for all the information requested from their warrants to be provided to them. It's possible it was only then that they had enough evidence to obtain the search warrant.

The DNA mislabeling is gross incompetence. There's no other way to look at it. Ultimately it made no differences except for traumatizing the families.

We'll know about the cell phone towers in 2 or 3 years, whenever this goes to court.
It's probably not going to be front page news. It takes months for evidence to be released. It's a case where it's not clear if there is an emergency or not.

hirokazu

If he hadn't been torturing the woman he would have kept on murdering. Can't believe they couldn't do anything about the previous murders
I think it's probable that the two other victims on the site were kept there one at a time in similar circumstances to Brown. He likely took in a new victim whenever the previous victim died or was killed.

Mascot

More from BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37932208

Investigators have found two more bodies at the South Carolina home of a man who has confessed to killing seven people in total.
The bodies belonged to a couple who had been buried there for nearly a year after being shot, police said.
Todd Kohlhepp was arrested after a woman was found "chained like a dog" at his home south of Spartanburg.
On Sunday another body was found at his home and he also confessed to four shootings at a motorcycle shop in 2003.
Registered sex offender Kohlhepp, 45, has been charged with murder and kidnapping.

A woman was held in chains in the shipping container for two months
The last two bodies to be found were identified by their tattoos, officials said. Meagan Coxie, 25, and Johnny Coxie, 29, had at least one child.
Police say they do not believe there are more human remains at the property.

Kohlhepp was arrested after police, acting on a tip-off by a sex-crime investigator, visited his property last Thursday and found a woman in a metal container.
She had been missing since late August, along with her boyfriend, whose body was discovered at the 95-acre site in Woodruff, 80 miles (130km) northwest of the state capital Columbia, on Friday.

The woman, who was employed by Kohlhepp, a property agent, to clean houses, told officers that he had shot and killed her boyfriend in front of her.
She said she arrived at his Woodruff property with her boyfriend to help clean it when Kohlhepp pulled a gun on them, reports said.
Kohlhepp has been denied bail and is representing himself in court. The authorities say more charges against him are likely.

Jesus.

How the hell had they been missing since last December, but it had never been reported to the police, even though they had a kid? Where is the child?
http://www.wyff4.com/article/corone...-2-bodies-found-on-kohlhepps-property/8263131
Meagan Coxie’s mother reported her missing Dec. 22, 2015, shortly after the couple was released from jail. The mother said she paid her daughter’s bond so that Meagan Coxie could be released from jail to start a new job.
Clevenger said the couple had a child who is now about 18 months old. The toddler is in a known location and is safe, according to investigators.

Media

People collect serial killer memorabilia. You should see what some of the higher profile shit sells for. Mostly true crime obsessives but also crazy as fuck people.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That's not surprising. The after market for serial killers is fairly large. I've even looked at purchasing a Gacey painting once or twice in my life.

It's sheer morbidity and fascination with the minds of serial killers that drives me in that direction from time to time. It's why I also reading case studies on these individuals and motivations.

People collect serial killer memorabilia. You should see what some of the higher profile shit sells for. Mostly true crime obsessives but also crazy as fuck people.
Ya considering what this guy likely did that's probably a bargain. Will sell for much more if he's convicted and there are books and movies about him.

It's gross but not surprising at all. I wouldn't be surprised if people are actively searching the area for memorabilia like this on hopes of cashing in later.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Can the judge ignore the plea deal and sentence him to death anyway? Please? Just do that please, evil fucker.

Ashes

Banned
He pleaded guilty to 7 murders. His life is, fortunately, over.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/us/south-carolina-kohlhepp-guilty-plea/

Forgive the bump but I wanted to revive the thread because it kind of contains the whole story. I don't think many people would recognize it if I just made a new thread with his name.

Feel free to move to a new thread if it would be better.

In this instance, I think you did the right thing. The rare exception. Thanks for the update.

Omni

I remember this story. Wow.
He pleaded guilty to 7 murders. His life is, fortunately, over.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/us/south-carolina-kohlhepp-guilty-plea/

Forgive the bump but I wanted to revive the thread because it kind of contains the whole story. I don't think many people would recognize it if I just made a new thread with his name.

Feel free to move to a new thread if it would be better.
Glad to hear this fuck isn't ever getting out.

One of the most chilling stories I've ever read about. That fucking filth trash. I can't imagine the fear and terror his victims suffered. I hope the rescued woman can overcome her trauma.

GhostBed

That poor women. I cannot imagine the trauma she has been dealing with.

Let this fuckface rot in the darkest, dankest cell available.

Bravocado

When I first saw this thread months ago, I could've never imagined that it would turn out like this. Glad to this monster was caught, but it's a tragedy what those people had to endure and lose, living and deceased...

That's not surprising. The after market for serial killers is fairly large. I've even looked at purchasing a Gacey painting once or twice in my life.

It's sheer morbidity and fascination with the minds of serial killers that drives me in that direction from time to time. It's why I also reading case studies on these individuals and motivations.

I've been considering selling mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom