• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cover art for Rainbow Six: Extraction leaked

cormack12

Gold Member
Source

3oXYmP.jpg

VN1X

Banned
why call it rainbow six man, kinda pisses me off it has nothing to do with rainbow six
'Cause it's built on the foundations of Siege innit? It carries a lot over from that game and is probably meant to appeal to that audience as well as new ones.

wipeout364

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but that footage that leaked from the alpha looked pretty bad. I have played a ton of siege over the last few years and I am pretty hesitant on this one, so I don’t know what that says about the casual gamer who has no interest in Rainbow six in general.

cormack12

Gold Member
I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but that footage that leaked from the alpha looked pretty bad. I have played a ton of siege over the last few years and I am pretty hesitant on this one, so I don’t know what that says about the casual gamer who has no interest in Rainbow six in general.

What's it like to jump into Siege late? Would I have to level all the operators?

jigglet

Banned
What's it like to jump into Siege late? Would I have to level all the operators?

Ive been playing for 6 years and only have about half a dozen post launch operators unlocked. They all have insanely different play styles and it’s highly unlikely they will all appeal to you.

wipeout364

It’s fine, if you buy a ultimate edition or premium which are often 75% off it won’t cost too much. Unlike other games there are no levels associated with the operators. If you have the operator; you have the operator and all their possible gear, and attachments.

I highly recommend getting one of the larger packs that includes a few seasons because unlocking operators with renown( the in game earned currency) is tedious and slow.

As for the bigger question of whether you should invest the time that’s really hard to answer. There is a matchmaking system so you won’t be getting completely decimated after a few games but you will still feel angry at times. It’s an intense game with a lot sitting around waiting for that 30 seconds of action and when it goes your way it’s amazing when it doesn’t you yell at the screen and then sit around and wait.

frankly I’ve been playing since launch, I am terrible and have a love hate relationship with the game. I have gone 6 to 10 months with not playing then to go to 2 to 3 hours daily for months at time. There is nothing like it at all in the FPS space, it’s like counter strike, Overwatch, and with Redfaction/Battlefield destructibility.

Currently I am in an off time playing mostly COD Cold War, Rogue Company, Hood Outlaws and Legends and a little bit of Chivalry 2.

Vaelka

At this point they've created every posible cover art.
Just do some good art, look at the covers for the FFXIV games.
They're very similar but they still look awesome, just anything except '' angry dudebros/ smirking female character starring into the camera ''.

The cover for SFV is essentially the same but at least it looks somewhat stylish, and I don't think the cover for Guilty Gear Strive is all that amazing but at least it has style too.
The problem with a lot of these covers is that the characters aren't even really posing or doing anything, or they're semi-posing.
They're kinda just standing there not rly doing anything other than '' looking cool ''.
Sometimes it's just a close-up of their face with a smirk it's so lazy.

I am not into the whole military thing but at least this cover has something going for it instead of nothing.
tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom