Covington kid (Nick Sandmann) files first lawsuit against the Washington Post for $250 million

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Remember there was a kid I think his name was Micheal Hodge but I could be wrong. He looked like Sandman, so twitter attacked. This was during the early days.

His family was harrassed, his parents work were harrased, his brothers wedding was ruined, and people were saying to bomb the cooking school he applied to so they don't accept him.

And this wasn't even Sandman just someone who happened to look like him.

May 10, 2009
How is that kid's life destroyed ? The world will run out of money if everyone who has had nasty things tweeted to them gets 50 million.
Sandman got very lucky there was a video it didn’t stop credible (seemingly) institutions from attempting to harm his character. Even then we had people saying this guy is sinister, after watching the video!, blinded by ideology they honestly saw a white person oppressing a brown person.

What do you think would have happened if there wasn’t a longer video explicitly exonerating Sandman, acknowledging the fact that even with the video you have institutions and people denying reality? Would his life be better or worse?

May 17, 2012
Canada
How is that kid's life destroyed ? The world will run out of money if everyone who has had nasty things tweeted to them gets 50 million.
Do you think this kid is employable by anyone who still believes he is some smirking devil? There are people to this day with all the extra evidence that still believes that this kid did something wrong. Spreading outright lies to people who form opinions that they have too much hubris to admit when they are wrong about is not healthy to the future employment of children. With the existence of social media and a digital footprint on the internet this kid will never escape this scandal his entire life. People only remember the initial reaction, never the follow up. I asked a bunch of family members about this and all they heard about was that some kid was racist or something. Nobody followed to this part of it. The follow up gets a fraction of airtime on traditional news channels. I hope the media and everyone involved in this burns hard for this. It will give them pause rather than flippantly attempting to do it to the next person.

Oct 9, 2013
It's official now: Sandmann, family sue CNN for $275 million

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sandmann-family-sue-cnn-for-275m-in-covington-catholic-controversy

A lawsuit worth $275 million was filed against CNN on Tuesday over the network's alleged "vicious" attack against Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann.

The lawsuit, which was filed just after 3 p.m. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, claims that CNN has "elevated false, heinous accusations of racist conduct" against Sandmann and failed to adhere to "well-established journalistic standards and ethics."

Jan 8, 2018
This pleases me, keep filing lawsuits against dumb fuck liberals and their ilk for being extreme douchebags who have no interest in the truth only in ruining innocent peoples lives. I laugh at NI continuing to downplay everything in this thread and others, true to form.

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
I’d love to see him win these suits. If the government won’t go after our media’s bastardization of free press, then private citizens need to take them down.
Yeah, someone has to hold the press accountable for this kind of shit. They turn someone into a public figure and then don't even do due diligence while ruining their lives all for some extra clicks. I'd love to see massive lawsuits against mainstream media become common until they start reporting the actual news again.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018
The Huffington Post will not be hiring him but I doubt he was planning to apply for a job there. Plenty of people think he's a hero as well and will be glad to hire him over someone more qualified who is not as famous.
The kid was dragged through the media as a racist and other things, you don't seriously think his future has been altered for the worse because of this or are you just trying to downplay it because you have an agenda? This reply from you is some pure bs.

Nevermind, i see this gem of a reply from you from earlier. You definitely have an agenda even when actual evidence was posted that he did nothing wrong and you are still talking shit about this poor kid. He was dragged through the media as a whole, just not twitter. Please stop trying to minimize what this poor kid went through, it is a bad look for anyone.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Rick Rubin interviews Robert Barnes to discuss the Covington kids:

I do recommend watching part 1 as well, since Robert Barnes touches on the subject of harassment, Twitter, 1rst Amendment and his past work. It is really relevant considering the subject matter at hand.
Fascinating breakdown of the issue. They're right on the nose when they point out the broader agenda of trying to crush and destroy opposing political/ideological perspectives. I remember that tweet about "Tell me about your Catholic school stories" and I was just amazed at how manufactured the whole situation was. The fact that the Covington thing fell apart was a hilarious exposure of their naked ass.

He's also absolutely right (starting around the 28m mark) when he points out that these crazy tactics are being used as avoidance to an open, honest debate. If these ideologies are so smart, then let's debate and talk it out. But the Left continues to reject it and shy away from the "catcalling". They'd rather artificially control the narrative through Big Tech and media conglomerates than honestly presenting their own ideas.

Inspirational message at the end. I recommend everyone watch starting at about 33:30, if nothing else.