CPU gaming performance has come a long ways in the past 3 years.

Zug

A 4090 is not made for 1080p/1440p so it's logical that the CPU becomes the bottleneck in this context, which reflect raw CPU differences.
But who runs games at 200+ FPS ? In real world scenarios, most people will be GPU bound because they'll want their game to look a nice as possible on their hardware, and the CPU will not account for that much (exceptions exist of course).

Rubicaant

I also dont like this talking. A Gpu was never made for any resolution beside of marketing. We now are simply there that 4k is playable nothing more. Theres a reason Nvidia cane up with „RTX“. Because we now have more than enough power for rasterization. So how do you get people to buy new stuff even if its undercooked af and not really real ray tracing. So now so you can cripple performance for the next decades.

A fully real Raytrayced Game with lets say Red Dead Redemption 2 Graphics. Will take decades to run in 4k.

Look at quake 2 we can barely run that. My 3080 shit itsself in a 20 year old game. Now look at Portal. Good Luck with „hybrid fake Raytracing “.
And yes i get lost while typing on the phone😆.
All i really meant is that 1080p and 1440p with current cards are the only way to benchmark CPUs really, because they don't fully load a GFX card. if you are full load on a current gfx card, CPU means very little as long as it's somewhat up to date.

Freeza93

Banned
All i really meant is that 1080p and 1440p with current cards are the only way to benchmark CPUs really, because they don't fully load a GFX card. if you are full load on a current gfx card, CPU means very little as long as it's somewhat up to date.
No cpu benchmarks are done in 720p (16:9) lowest res scale possible, lowesr settings possible. To ensure you are always cpu limited 100%. Valhalla is still gpu limited in 720p as example

Rubicaant

My point is that, that's why the cpu upgrades appear to have such a huge improvement, because they are playing with a gpu and games that are no longer gpu bound. so of course cpu shows such improvment. i dont feel like we're talking about the same thing.

Brock2621

Still rocking my OC’d 8700K and seems fine still. I’d be curious if I just switched my CPU if I’d get any more frames out of my 3080Ti

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sometimes I think about upgrading my 10700K but it still runs all my games great so I may as well just keep it for now.

Top Bottom