• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 Frame-rate test Xbox One versus Xbox One X.

Virex

Banned
Just connect to you Wifi on your router or plug in the Ethernet cable and it will boost it to 60FPS 4K HDR. The cloud will take care of the rest. :messenger_sunglasses:

Codes 208

Just watched. I was under the impression it was going to be 60fps (or was that campaign?) and on top of that...This game has auto-targeting in multiplayer?

Why? Weapons should just have a higher TTK and make it skill based.

Kagey K

Banned
Watching is one thing, playing is another. After the Tech test last night, it makes perfect sense why they made the choices they did.

If you have access to the Xbox insider program I suggest downloading the Tech test app and trying it yourself on Sunday.

You will quickly understand thatwatching is not the same as playing very quickly.

Edit and for the record, you don’t have to lock on, you can free aim all you like.

Last edited:
Just watched. I was under the impression it was going to be 60fps (or was that campaign?) and on top of that...This game has auto-targeting in multiplayer?

Crackdown is really the type of game that should be 60fps, but if done right at 30fps could be okay. However the game looks like complete shit.

Boss Mog

A game as hideous as this only runs at 30fps of XB1X? I can't believe this is what they touted for 6 years...

thelastword

Banned
A game as hideous as this only runs at 30fps of XB1X? I can't believe this is what they touted for 6 years...
I too thought this would be 60fps, not only because of the visuals and the cloud, but that it's gamestyle/gameplay would just lend itself better to the higher refresh..... I understand the slower paced nature and animations of SOT and that was 30, but this just looks faster and needing quicker response....

LostDonkey

Nobody thought this game was going to be 60 fps. What is this bullshit and from the usual trolls no less.

You all knew the physics/destruction were the main focus of the cloud computing not the actual textures or shaders or even framerate. This has been discussed long enough for us all to know that by now.

Continually shitting up xbox threads any chance you get and nothing is done about it.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Continually shitting up xbox threads any chance you get and nothing is done about it.

Are you saying that they create threads exclusively and directly aimed to downplay people’s hopes on an exclusive for a console like this: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-do...e-as-good-as-people-are-hoping.1469296/unread ?

Do they maybe take a personal tweet by a Dev/engineer to build yet another “OMG overhyping SJW arseholes” thread out of it ;)?

Would not like to see people trolling here and making discussion impossible, I am sure mods are watchful :).

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
the game looks alright but gameplay wise its not very interesting. its a gamepass game. and thats it. moving forward xbox will invest in games that are more interesting.

TacosNSalsa

How dare you bring Keith and Kevin into this shit?!?! But whatever ..do whatever the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK you wanna do!
I miss their older stuff . Seems like they wend almost full eating channel .. still funny though

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Arm chair developers at their best. Go make a game if you think your ideas are so much better.

Codes 208

Arm chair developers at their best. Go make a game if you think your ideas are so much better.
Why is this always the go-to argument for defense teams? My opinion stemmed from a video I saw before hand that looked like it was running 60fps. But the demo showed me otherwise. Plenty of moments where it felt like it dipped around 24-26 actually.

As for gameplay. I played it and I didn’t like it (multiplayer-wise anyway.)

Shmunter

I could have sworn this was 60fps in some vids I watched? It must have been PC version.

Either way, that's monumentally disappointing. Genuinely thought the simple gfx were in service of 60. Not even!.

Kagey K

Banned
Thank god in 23 hours we get to play this instead of being told by people who haven’t played it and don’t intend to play it just how bad it is.

I’m excited for it and no Debbie Downers are going to derail it, as the first game was pure Crack to me, if it looked and felt more like 2 I could get the trepidation, but it doesn’t.

Lort

Banned
Please listen to me hate on the thing you like .. as obviously my opnion is useful and valid due to the fact ive never played it and im on the respected non fanboy objective site neogaf.

This is a frame rate test thread .. why are you people even here?

Btw the game is fun an interesting .. as everyone whos played it says.. bit hard to see that through all the normal thread derailing haters.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks like I'm going to have to take a break from GAF while this is released. Not sure I can deal with the inevitable insults from a certain poster.

Hayfield

Banned
The discourse surrounding this game is insufferable. You guys do realise that believing this game is a technical and gameplay revolution is not the only valid opinion right? It looks ok, shame the cloud couldn't improve that framerate though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The discourse surrounding this game is insufferable. You guys do realise that believing this game is a technical and gameplay revolution is not the only valid opinion right? It looks ok, shame the cloud couldn't improve that framerate though.
To be fair, the campaign on X is 99.99% locked with perfect frame pacing. This looks less optimal but I don’t know since it’s not available for testing right now. :-/

thelodius

Banned
I think the problem is that Xbox gamers have such little exclusives to get excited about that they lose their minds over what's clearly a sub-par product. If this was a PS4 game it would probably be an indie release.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I keep saying it but people who want some crazy graphical beast out of crackdown have utterly zero clue why the first game was so amazing, and are likely the same people who shot on Nintendo games for being too “kiddy”.

Some people really need to look up what “game” actually means.

Kagey K

Banned
I think the problem is that Xbox gamers have such little exclusives to get excited about that they lose their minds over what's clearly a sub-par product. If this was a PS4 game it would probably be an indie release.

Lmfao. I’m not even sure where to start here, so I won’t.

Just rethink this before you type it again.

LMJ

Okay now that's bizarre and hopefully not a sign of things to come, but as pointed out in the video there are straight up details missing in the standard version, that are present in the X version (skip to 3.15)

Not, lod, or resolution, or even harsher form of AA, but straight up details that are absent on the One and S.

I mean game looks like a blast to play and FPS looks pretty solid, but still concerning...

thelodius

Banned
You bet, I’m so angry.

I couldn’t be more mad, mad, mad I’m so mad its crazy how mad I am. You made such an undespuateable point. I’m not sure I will ever recover. U got me good.
I'm not sure I'll ever recover from trying to figure out what the hell that word is supposed to be.

Top Bottom